1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cskippy, Aug 22, 2018.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. FullBright1
    Im glad to know the pads are easy to swap, as this indicates clearly, that the designer is "thinking ahead", and trying to create a product that has every opportunity to please the buyer.
    "Bravo".
    I'll end up getting the pads, im sure, tho only because its a mod that i enjoy performing.
    I like to swap wires and pads.
    Easy, simple, and its a mod that does not cause a situation ...."once you do it, your headphones can never be "like new" again.

happy listening, and yes, you should buy the V1s.
    They sound good.
    This is yet another headphone, because of the good reviews, and related to the price.......everyone who loves open headphones will buy.
    So, easy to resell, for years, im sure.

:)

2. SilverEars
    So, is there variations to the impedance on these? I heard little over 6 somewhere, 8 with others, and heard newer ones are 12 ohms now?

I know people sees this headphone as not so flexible when it comes to large amps with high impedance, but also at the same time, I'm intrigued what this low ohmage would do. Would a DAP drive it well? What would happen if I change to desktop amp? Would there no difference, or will there be?

What impedance amps have you all driven these? What have you all noticed with difference output impedances?

3. FullBright1
    Ive no info on the different impedances.
    I drive them with a MonoPrice 788, and a Oppo SE BDP-63, and a Headroom Max, and a Apogee 1.
    Basically any impedance is in that group.
    The V1 plays well with a lot of power, or not so much, but, i have no idea how it plays with low power, Iphones, etc.

Did you read this review?
    Its pretty stuffed with geek tech speak stuff.
    Check it out, if you've not done so yet.
    -
    -
    https://kenrockwell.com/audio/verum/1.htm

4. franz12
    I would say the Verum 1 sounds slightly dark sounding with the stock pads (unless you listen to tracks which have high treble presence).
    To my eyes, the new pads will make the Verum sounds slightly livelier, as 2.5khz-9khz has more presence relative to 0.4-0.5khz.
    Also, it seems it flattens treble and increases soundstage, which are very good things.

omniweltall likes this.
  5. allaces305
    I'm waiting on my set... They have processed through New York and I'm in Miami so it should be here very soon... How do we get the new perforated pads??? I've looked around but haven't found a way to purchase them?? Some help would be very appreciated..

6. omniweltall
    Not out yet.

Garuspik likes this.
  7. FullBright1
    For anyone who is contemplating buying the V1's or the Sendy's...

Both are fine headphones.
    Neither is "best"...both are very good.......just different colors of sound.
    Uniquely different voices that speak their own sonic language into your ears.

The V1 has a slightly wider soundstage, with a brighter overall sound, with extra sparkle dialed into the upper treble range. It also offers more resolution.
    The Sendy has a cleaner - wider - warmer = midrange presentation, as its main difference regarding the V1s.

-
    -
    DSCF5209.JPG

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    trellus and PaganDL like this.
  8. franz12
    Is the Sendy even darker than the V1? Which frequencies do you refer, perhaps the upper midrange?
    I guess the Sendy might be too dark to my taste.

9. abm0
    Reviews so far have not left me with the impression that the Aiva is anywhere near the V1's performance. And even if it was... I don't know if it's generally accepted practice to promote some other product in a dedicated thread like this, especially with large photos and all. Saying this and that other model is comparable to the topic headphone in your opinion is one thing, but...

10. franz12
    Yes, it takes less than 1 second. No kidding.

11. Hifiearspeakers
    What are you talking about? She pulled up another product in the same price range and gave a sonic comparison to the V1! That’s exactly what these forums are for. So unless she trashes the other product you think it’s not appropriate? Get a grip. Not to mention that people are allowed to criticize a product. We’re actual people, not merchants. If you take away the right to criticize, then these are no longer forums...they’re infomercials.

trellus, Garuspik and omniweltall like this.
  12. abm0
    You'd know if you actually read posts before replying, but it doesn't look like you do. I said exactly zero about or against the right to criticise, for example. But don't let me stop you from talking to imaginary people, by all means, knock yourself out.

13. FullBright1
    Here is a V1 size comparison with the LCD-X
    -
    -
    -
    DSCF5210.JPG

trellus likes this.
  14. FullBright1
    V1's size, as compared to the HEXV2
    -
    -
    -
    DSCF5211.JPG

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    trellus and Mathieulh like this.
  15. cskippy
    You loose a little bit of that fullness and sweetness of the stock pads but sounds are slightly more tangible and less congested especially on busy parts of music.

I would say relative differences will be the same but always remember that impressions are with different pieces of gear which can affect the overall experience one has over another. YMMV and all that!

This actually isn't true unless there is something horribly wrong with that piece of gear. I've been doing measurements for a number of years through a variety of different pieces of gear and the only notable exception that showed a visual change in FR was when I was using a NOS DAC which rolls of treble by design. This was reflected in the measured frequency response.
    SUBJECTIVELY, all gear has a sound, at least to my ears, some argue this isnt the case and that is completely fine.

Hifiearspeakers and omniweltall like this.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last