1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cskippy, Aug 22, 2018.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. youngarthur
    Regarding N03......Order direct from website, direct from maker in Ukraine. I think there is around a 6 week wait at the moment. I will keep my 400i, but much prefer the Verum

2. Th3Drizzl3
    im actually debating on ordering the carbon and selling the zebra but i only see carbon with gold has anyone asked if he will switch the grills out? if not ill keep zebra i personally am not a gold person. the wait isnt a huge deal i have more then enough sets of others to hold me over lol

3. eyoon
    I asked if they’d do carbon and silver prior to placing my order and was told it shouldn’t be a problem, so I placed my order with a comment stating my request.

4. justin Montagano
    Can you show us some pictures of the inside of your cups? It does seam interesting, seems to bring them to a similar response as an lcd-2, perhaps slightly brighter mids

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  5. magor34
    I got an SU-8 on the way and my THX 789 is set to ship in May. My V1's are already here though.

According to one of the THX engineers, the balanced inputs are connected directly to the SE circuitry (lowering voltage at the same time?) so there's technically no SQ or signal difference between them AFAIK. I'm not sure it's the same with the 4-pin headphone output though. I haven't looked into that aspect specifically but if you look at most (if not all?) balanced+SE amplifiers, the balanced headphone output is noticeably louder.
    The balanced 3-pin outputs on the SU-8 are however, slightly better (not by much) than the SE output (according to Amir on ASR: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-su-8-version-2-balanced-dac.5433/). I would simply go with XLR (balanced) to avoid ground loops and/or noise issues, any audio difference that small is likely a perceived improvement rather than actual difference. That's entirely up to you though :L3000:.

When it comes to volume and knobs... I run my V1's almost at the same volume level as my old AD1000X, which are 40 ohms. Now... if that's because of the FR differences between my headphones... or the fact that the Verum's are planars, I'm not sure.

Suppa92 likes this.
  6. Suppa92
    Thanks for the very valuable response.
    Could you please do at least a very brief review of verum 1's once you get the SU-8. Specially if you connect SU-8 balanced out to the THX's Balanced inputs. Connecting headphone to the THX's SE or Balanced headphone output doesn't matter much to me, I'm OK with connecting Verum's to the SE out of THX.
    I really want to know is how loud Verum's gets (would I get some room to play with volume control :) or make me deaf as soon as I touch the volume :triportsad:) when THX is connected to a balanced DAC using Balanced inputs of THX.:ksc75smile:

7. Zachik
    @Garuspik - can you please provide Kickstarter backers shipments update?
    I believe last update was 3 or 4 weeks ago.....

8. magor34
    If I remember to do so, sure :smile_phones:. The SU-8 won't get here for a few weeks time and as I said earlier, my THX will start shipping in mid-May so that'll take a while too from the US to the EU... If only Massdrop had that EU warehouse up and running already :slight_frown:

Suppa92 likes this.
  9. omniweltall
    Try this with the Verum.

Imaging within the soundstage is really good. I can tell the location clearly while closing my eyes.

The chalk also feels real. There is solidity and impact when the chalk hits the board.

This is the most convincing of all headphones I tried lately.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Garuspik likes this.
  10. yavormoskov
    Apparently these headphones are a big hit (and if you have a pair you don't need, PM me). So, guys I was curious about how they pair. I have Burson Fun amp with Sparkos labs op-amps (aggressive op-amps with tons of detail but not very relaxing sound). The background is very black even with sensitive IEMs and I can't hear anything with my FLC8s. But this amp is rated at 6 Ohm and the Verum ones are 8 Ohm. Do you think it might be a problem here? Maybe using something like JDS labs Atom which is rated at 0.1 Ohm is better? Please share your thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

11. franz12
    I was able to get one used without waiting 6-8 weeks!
    I look forward to listening to these headphones, especially after reading some impressions claiming that these sound better ZMF Aeolus which costs 1.2k.

omniweltall likes this.
  12. yavormoskov
    Thank you. This is helpful.

omniweltall likes this.
  13. omniweltall
    Very different sounding. I kinda like Zach's mids too. Aelous is warm/dark to me. As usual, bass will suffer against the Verum.

But ZMF woodies look good.

cskippy likes this.
  14. DiederickFritz
    Hi, I’m new to headfi (though I’ve been lurking for a few months) and I’ve been looking to acquire an upgrade to my modded HE4xx (1/2 inch open grill & Cowhide Zmf oval pads) that I power with an iDSD BL + Massdrop CTH amp combo.

Initially, I was thinking of buying an HF Sundara and mod it the same way as my 4xx to get a darker, bassier sound, but then i saw the Headfonics review and now I’m wondering if the Verum 1 is a better option for me, or should I stick with my current plan? Idk how the Headfonics reviewer made their comparisons, but I would think that the (modded) Sundara would sound better than the Verum given a better source, right?

15. franz12
    Yes, many people seem to think the Verum doesn't look good. But that's fine with me because I can't really see them while they are on my head.
    Actually, I care the look of dac/amps more than headphones as I have to keep looking at them. That is why I don't really want to buy the Liquid platinum...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last