1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cskippy, Aug 22, 2018.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. omniweltall
    When I cover my hands on the phone, I don't detect any change.

But I can also hear external noises clearly.

franz12 likes this.
  2. franz12
    Thanks! That makes sense given people's impressions here and there! I think the type of cover-up is more like Utopia, AFO.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    omniweltall likes this.
  3. kelvinwsy
    Thanks guys for all the info. I just pulled the trigger Carbon Fiber with Silver Grill. 6 weeks pre-order. :triportsad: - it's gonna be an agonising waiting period.
    Kelvin

omniweltall likes this.
  4. eyoon
    FYI, it’s probably going to take longer. I paid for mine nearly 7 weeks ago (I believe the preorder lead time was supposed to be 4 weeks back then) and mine still haven’t shipped. In fact, I don’t believe all the Kickstarter supporters have received theirs yet, and they should be receiving theirs before the non-kickstarter buyers.

5. kelvinwsy
    I have been fighting my HE 560 with EQ long enough. The mid-high hardness comes through even through my Speaker tube amp/resistor box setup. So for 349Usd i am giving this a try. Even if it is only half as good as Z says in his You Tube Review.
    I can wait of course. HD800 all modded and sound beautiful from my 300b tube monobloc setup, HE560 thru its own KT88 tube setup, Final Audio Sonorous VI through my portable Pioneer XDP300R setup.. And mobile FITEAR TOGO 334......
    Ooh forgot my AudioTechnica ADX1000>
    Happy Listening Guys

omniweltall likes this.
  6. Suppa92
    Has anyone have tried to run Verum1's with THX 789 amp with balanced dac input?
    I was considering LCD-2C but Verum 1's are considerably cheaper than 2C's and based on reviews without sacrificing anything good about 2Cs.
    Only bummer for me is their extremely low resistance.

7. kelvinwsy
    I sm actually looking forward to running this 8 ohm. HP out of my speaker amp output taps without needing tonuse a resistor box Just ideal

8. MF Kitten
    @Garuspik I wanted to share this... I did some experiments for fun, and discovered something interesting. I bought some fine metal mesh a while back to use for damping in headphone mods. It doesn't absorb, and it doesn't reflect that much, so it's a pretty good material to just apply resistance to the air, right? So I folded a piece of mesh several times so it just covers the inside of the whole ear pad hole. In the measurement, red is stock and green is with this mesh.

[​IMG]

Sure, treble is a bit lower, but look at the SHAPE of it. The spikes are all flattened out! It's much smoother, and it sounds like it too. the 1KHz bump is flatter too!

The area around 4-5KHz is a lie, as hat isn't a real peak. That's just the MiniDSP EARS rig making some artifacts.

omniweltall likes this.
  9. Zachik
    Still waiting to get my shipping notice and tracking # and I ordered mine as part of the Kickstarter campaign in Sep. 2018... :anguished:

10. quisxx
    Can you show the material used, and how it was applied via photo or video?

11. MF Kitten
  12. GirgleMirt
    What is grainy? good/bad?
    1) Is there any reason to keep the 400i if the Verum is like an improve 400i? Is there anything that the 400i does better? (I'd be grateful if somebody can proved a more detailed comparison between the two!) Especially on; resolution/musicality/detail (which can extract better information), harshness/smoothness, and comfort/weight/get hot?
    2) Heard that these are 8 ohms and so require a 1 ohm amp; without it can sound off... (from Z review I believe it was...). I have a topping A1 think it is and an original Magni (1) non-uber-whatever. So would these also require a new amp not to sound funky in a bad way? If so, which would it be?
    3) Seems like you can order directly from the verum website. Would this be purchasing direct from the maker / Ukraine? I'm in Canada, I think I might be better off purchasing from there rather than the US store/distributor, as the US/Canada border is pretty harsh on fees, and from my experience from order from China, the shipping might actually be cheaper and there's also a chance to have lesser fees at the border...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  13. theangelboy
    I can only help with your second question but I have a first gen Magni and it has an output impedance of 0.1 ohm which means it should be more than sufficient for the less-than-1/8th-rule. Your Topping A30 you have listed in your sig, however, has an output impedance of 30 ohms (at least according to what I can find online) so that amp would be a no-go if that bothers you.

I've done some reading on the subject (https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/musings-headphone-amplifier-output-impedance) and used my own experience and a higher output impedance, especially on a planar, may be beneficial to the sound signature, depending on your preference. My Emotiva A-100 in regular mode has an output impedance of 220 Ohm and it sounds great with all of my planars (see my signature). Now, I will admit that none of my planars have as low of an impedance as 8 Ohm but the electrical principals should be same according to the testing methods discussed in the article I linked above.

14. yavormoskov
    I have questions for people who already own them. First is about the ear pads. I see they are magnetically attached. Is there an additional groove so I can install any pads in the future or not? Did you receive just one pair of pads or two? Is there any third party cable that is compatible with them? Thanks in advance :)

15. omniweltall
    1. You can simply take out the metal ring from stock pads and reinstall with new pads
    2. One pair of stock pads.
    3. Cable use dual 2.5mm connector to the headphone, similar to HE1000v1.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    abm0 and yavormoskov like this.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last