Verum 1 Mk 2 : mini-review
Sep 16, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #17 of 85
Thanks. I purchased Atom+ stack. :relieved:
Now waiting until Verum 1 mk2 to arrive. based on what I heard I'll have to wait months and months :sob:
Same situation here. Ordered them mid-August but the latest site update says that he's still working on the July orders at the moment. So, I guess mine would probably be shipped some time in October if there are no delays.

I guess the delay with his magnets supplier earlier this year really pushed him back for months. I guess we just have to be patient then haha... All good things take time!

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #18 of 85
Same situation here. Ordered them mid-August but the latest site update says that he's still working on the July orders at the moment. So, I guess mine would probably be shipped some time in October if there are no delays.

I guess the delay with his magnets supplier earlier this year really pushed him back for months. I guess we just have to be patient then haha... All good things take time!
many people have said they had to wait like 3 months to get the verums. :scream:

Sep 17, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #19 of 85
many people have said they had to wait like 3 months to get the verums. :scream:

Yeah, depends on who you ask and when. IIRC, his magnet supply drought happened some time in Jan-Feb 2021, prior to that, most people get their headphones shipped (not delivered) by 4 weeks max. After that, shipping is a different issue altogether, some got it quickly, some got it weeks later.

Oct 13, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #21 of 85
Just an update: I have received my Verum One Mk2.

Order placed on 11 Aug, shipped on 4 Oct, received by 13 Oct.
Currently running it on my Topping A90 and I am quite pleased with it!

More in-depth impression will follow later after I spend more time with it.

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #22 of 85
I'm quite happy with my pair in bubinga, the only small gripe that I have is that they don't fit as tightly on my head as my Sennheiser HD 559's.

Oct 17, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #23 of 85
Spent the past 3 days with the Verum One, going through several sources. I think this is the least power-hungry planars I've ever owned so far, owing to its abnormally low 8ohms impedance and decent sensitivity of 96dB/mW. However, that same low impedance makes it super picky with source, needing a very clean source with low output impedance. You can forget running it on tubes or entry-level hybrid amps.

But, when being fed properly, Verum One can definitely punch above its price range. Imaging and details are definitely its strongest suit, but definitely not at the level of the HD800S. While soundstage is definitely not its strong suit, it can definitely compete with the Sundara. It's really an amazing pair for the price and I'm now seriously considering selling off my Sundara.

Oct 17, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #24 of 85
Spent the past 3 days with the Verum One, going through several sources. I think this is the least power-hungry planars I've ever owned so far, owing to its abnormally low 8ohms impedance and decent sensitivity of 96dB/mW. However, that same low impedance makes it super picky with source, needing a very clean source with low output impedance. You can forget running it on tubes or entry-level hybrid amps.

But, when being fed properly, Verum One can definitely punch above its price range. Imaging and details are definitely its strongest suit, but definitely not at the level of the HD800S. While soundstage is definitely not its strong suit, it can definitely compete with the Sundara. It's really an amazing pair for the price and I'm now seriously considering selling off my Sundara.
I think that they are meant to run directly from your phone so they are no studio headphones in any shape or form.

Oct 18, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #25 of 85
Just received my Verum 1 mk2s today & tried with my JDS Labs Atom+ stack for few hours now.
It's more warm headphone than I expected and I noticed it's sound signature is insanely close to my BLON-BL03s.
Since I love my BL03, it is a good thing but I kind of expected bit more detailed sound signature from it, maybe my Atom+ stack can't provide enough current.

however it's looks, build quality is top-notch.

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #26 of 85
I think that they are meant to run directly from your phone so they are no studio headphones in any shape or form.
Actually no. Igor from Verum Audio actually said that the true potential of Verum 1 would only be reached with proper amplification. While it is definitely driveable with phones, it won't sound that great. You can read it at the front page of Verum Audio website (he recommends E1DA portable dongle).

This is definitely not a studio headphone, but it has never claimed to be one anyway. But I'm pretty sure it's meant mostly for indoor listening.

By the way, those who got the Verum 1 Mk2, what kind of earpads do you get? I saw some pictures (including the OP) with very thick fenestrated sheepskin earpads. Mine came with non-fenestrated solid sheepskin pads.

Oct 18, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #27 of 85
Actually no. Igor from Verum Audio actually said that the true potential of Verum 1 would only be reached with proper amplification. While it is definitely driveable with phones, it won't sound that great. You can read it at the front page of Verum Audio website (he recommends E1DA portable dongle).

This is definitely not a studio headphone, but it has never claimed to be one anyway. But I'm pretty sure it's meant mostly for indoor listening.

By the way, those who got the Verum 1 Mk2, what kind of earpads do you get? I saw some pictures (including the OP) with very thick fenestrated sheepskin earpads. Mine came with non-fenestrated solid sheepskin pads.
I got mine used so can't confirm if these are both stock, but my MK2 came with two different sets of pads:

IMG_8846.jpegIMG_8847.jpeg

Oct 18, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #29 of 85
I guess my Verum 1 came with some experimental pads or older stock from the Mk1. I like the stock pads at the beginning, but the foams used is a tad too soft for me for long listening sessions, making the driver gradually become too close to my ears.

In the last pic, I replaced the stock pads with Defean aftermarket sheepskin pads for Hifiman that I happened to have installed on other headphones. It's slightly constrained the soundstage, but it's more comfortable to me. Fits perfectly, so if anyone is looking for spare pads, this might be a good alternative!

Attachments

• IMG_20211019_095553.jpg
    IMG_20211019_095553.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211019_095744.jpg
    IMG_20211019_095744.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211019_095758.jpg
    IMG_20211019_095758.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211019_100902.jpg
    IMG_20211019_100902.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Oct 19, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #30 of 85
My pair came with only perforated pads.

BTW, Anyone who has Blon-bl03 and verums, could you please tell me whether these has very same kind of a sound or is it just me? :thinking:
I'm using JDS Labs Atom+ stack, this amp can drive the verums to ear bleeding levels but do I hear this similarity because it can't provide enough current or something?

IMG_20211019_102444.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back