Veronica Belmont gets her first custom IEMs!
Jun 12, 2013 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39
Recently, Tekzilla's Veronica Belmont contacted me to ask about custom-sleeving her Velodyne vPulse in-ears. I asked if she was open of the idea of going fully custom, as her Tekzilla co-host Patrick Norton has done (Patrick going with JH Audio). Here's the episode of Tekzilla where she first talks about it:

Veronica was excited about the idea, so I contacted Mike Dias from Ultimate Ears, and the idea was to get her fitted for the Ultimate Ears UE18 Pro. Here's the episode in which Veronica begins the process of getting her customs:

After getting her molds made, Ultimate Ears determined that Veronica's ears were a bit too dainty to shoehorn six drivers into each of them. Considering she enjoys the bass emphasis of the Velodyne vPulse, I recommended she go with the UE11 Pro. Fortunately, UE determined that the UE11 Pro would work, and you can CLICK HERE to see the Tekzilla episode in which Veronica talks about her new custom IEMs (at 26:07 into the video).

Patrick Norton has been a Head-Fi'er for quite some time. I would like to welcome Veronica to the ranks. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 39
I've been such a huge Veronica Belmont fan since her days at CNET.  This is awesome!

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 39
Hey!! How could I not create an account after reading that post? :)

You guys are awesome, I've been lurking here for years. Thanks again for making the UE connection, I'll be a fan of theirs for life now! 

Edit: also, I totally did not set this profile icon. Is that the default, or did it somehow... know?

-VB

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 39
One of us. One of us.
(Don't worry, you can still lurk as much as you want...)

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

You guys are awesome, I've been lurking here for years. Thanks again for making the UE connection, I'll be a fan of theirs for life now! 

Edit: also, I totally did not set this profile icon. Is that the default, or did it somehow... know?

-VB

OMG a confirmed GIRL on Head-fi, end times are near. The official count is now 4.65 girls total to our 6,536,362 dudes... as Head-fi's official girl statistician I formally request a lock of your hair to add to the database
biggrin.gif
. On another note welcome to Head-Fi and to the Customs Club.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 39

-VB

Hey Veronica! As part of the 4.65 women on this forum I send you a big hello. So I hear you are based in San Francisco - my old hometown. You should check out what's going on at Women's Audio Mission in SF http://www.womensaudiomission.org/
Pretty cool stuff.
--
PaolaD

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #10 of 39
Thanks, I am tempted to make the jump from my Vsonic Gr07's now.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:
Hey Veronica! As part of the 4.65 women on this forum I send you a big hello. So I hear you are based in San Francisco - my old hometown. You should check out what's going on at Women's Audio Mission in SF http://www.womensaudiomission.org/
Pretty cool stuff.
--
PaolaD

I follow WAM on Twitter, they post excellent stuff. I've been trying to figure out how to get involved with them for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back