VERISONIX-IN2UIT-VERISONIC
Jan 2, 2016 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 111

luvmusik

100+ Head-Fier
here nor there/in Omega-Lambda Land, Farts B Minor
Wondering about these about a year now, anyone heard these yet ? (I'm not affiliated with these mfrs).

http://verisonix.info/index.html

http://www.in2uit.com/headphone/us/tech.asp

Verisonix N500 & N501 models.

In2uit I501 & I502C models.

Some type of dynamic hybrid headphone.

trademark name for technology is Electrostatz & Electrastatz.

One site says driver is an EFL - electret flexible loudspeaker (with dipole soundwave radiation).

May be an electret-cone hybrid, or possibly a mylar-cone hybrid or planar-cone hybrid.

Low 32 ohm impedance, so maybe not planar-hybrid, and planar- or mylar- hybrids doesn't seem to make sense (? why the need ?), so maybe it is an electret-cone hybrid.

Plug end has no transformer, unless a transformer is nestled into earcups for an electret-dynamic hybrid.

Is it possible the electret film is self-biased ?

Some tab clics on the sites show a dissambled diagram.

N500 & N501 have 40 mm cone (mix of PU & paper pulp) + film diaphragm with 0.1% distortion.

I501 & I501C have 50 mm cone + film diaphragm with 0.5% distortion.

Models vary at either 3-6-12 Hz to 50,000 Hz frequency response, and 115 to 120 db SPL.

They use word "dome" instead of cone (?inverted?, like a dome-tweeter on a loudspeaker or language translation error ?).

Crossover may be at 1000 to 2000 Hz area roughly.

Last year's In2uit I500B had a cheap headband assembly, looks like that model was dropped.

Prices may be set too high.

Designed in Taiwan & assembled in China - have seen these sell in Asia last year & now in USA, but just emerging.

Has anyone heard these & your impressions ? Or, anyone weigh in on these ?

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 111
On this link - it explains the details of their EFL film diaphragms development & how they work. Still, without an electret transformer, are these somehow self-biased ?
http://verisonix.info/tech.html
Not many 2-way-driver designs in headphones, so this electret-dynamic cone hybrid is interesting.

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 111
The driver of a in2uit I501
94355320151229175611.jpg

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 111
Thanks for posting that internal foto. So, it is an electret-dynamic cone hybrid with transformers inside the earcups, it looks like. How do they sound ? What headphone sound would you compare them to ? Do the 2 drivers transition smoothly in crossover for sound ?

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 111
The bass is good (a 50mm driver that help), but is not a Fostex !
The mid is warm, but not too warm and muddy.
The main problem is the high. You can see on the graph from verisonix, linear response ... With a bad amplifier the treble will kill your ears in no time.
Even with a good amp those who can drive a HD800, is still too much treble.

Soundstage not exeptionnel, like what you can get from a Denon d7k.
Transient speed is not a Stax, is more like a normal headphones...
Details is good but is not a SR-009

And no transition problem between the two drivers.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 111
Possibly the same:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/776806/mitchell-and-johnson-hp1/15

Check their kickstarter as well...

Jan 10, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #10 of 111
In past have been wary about transformers inside the actual earcups. Are they safe that close to the ear ? Some mfrs (Audio-Technica, etc) used the method with vintage electrets then changed to putting the transformer into the plug end, as either a bulky transformer plug, or a "lump" in the cord (transformer) near the plug end. Traditional was to use the energizer-transformer seperate box. Not sure if anyone still puts the transformers inside the earcups, anyone know of any other mfr's doing it lately, or when it was last done,  besides those models on the thread here ?

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #11 of 111
For anyone interested is this technology, please find the link below to my first impressions on the Electrostatz Kickstarter Edition (GL2)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/797487/mitchell-johnson-electrostatz-headphones-kickstarter-edition#post_12320488

Re Verisonix, Mitchell & Johnson have explained here on their project page

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #12 of 111
Today Mitchell & Johnson have launched a press release,on the latest developments,
Link: Kickstarter project update with press release <<here>> 

Quote Mitchell & Johnson:
  "Verisonix Press Release: Mitchell & Johnson Secures Investment

The news is coming thick and fast and I want to update you on some amazing news.
The team that invented and patented the "new improved " electrets.The sort of electrets that can perform at such a high audio quality (up to 50Khz frequency response) whilst smashing the price barrier, have decided to invest in our company.
Even when an invention goes from concept to patent, it doesn't mean that it can be mass produced and made into a product that delivers its promise and sells. By working with us, the Verisonix team have been able to do this. They want a closer working relationship with us as the " Sound " and product experts and this investment will allow us to bring other exciting electrostatz applications to market quicker and provide some of the funds needed to raise awareness of the "new electrets" that  deliver a portable electrostatic experience for the discerning headphonephile. With no need to carry around a separate amp or power supply."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back