Venus Audio Cable Discussion
Apr 14, 2018 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

interweb-tech

1000+ Head-Fier
9937595_l.jpg

(pic provided by venus_audio, it is the same cable I received) I purchased their standard Canare style (smooth surface) cable from them in the past for my TH-X00. It is a great cable and good value. Was browsing eBay the other day and noticed Venus Audio had posted a new variation of braided multi-strand cable so I contacted them and ordered a custom setup. Got it today.

Cable spec as ordered: 8 way braided cable 6 feet long with OCC silver and OCC copper litz wire. Eidolic mini 4 pin XLR for Audeze LCD series with and Eidolic 1/4" Rhodium/silver connector. Price, when they become publically available on the site, will be @$250-$300 I am told. Contact them for custom orders.

I only have had a short time with the cable so far but am very impressed by the construction & materials. Sounds great too!

Other cables owned: Ursine, Periapt, Venus Audio, no-name Chinese stuff (some good, most crap) & eBay seller or two.

Apr 14, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 17
My pics from today

IMG_20180414_142156.jpg
IMG_20180414_143457.jpg
IMG_20180414_143533.jpg
IMG_20180414_143603.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 17
Ordered a second set today this time with dual 2.5mm connectors for my other headphones (M1060C & TH-X00 PH). I love the flexibility and lightness of the cable. You can barely feel it. No odd tangling or bends. It sounds superb to these aging (barely hear out beyond 10K based on self-test) tired ears.

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 17
Interested in the cables, how are you finding them after a few months?

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 17
I love them. I now have 5 of them in various configurations.

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 17
Nice, how do you they compare to something like norne?

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 17
I have several Norne cables and they are very nice too. Sound-wise I would say they are the same in many ways.

Sep 27, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 17
Solvine (audeze)
Silvergarde S2 (focal)
Draug 3 (HD6XX)
Volgard (Focal)
and a Norne Audio Solv X3 (MrSpeakers) on its way

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #10 of 17
Has anyone heard from Venus audio lately. I placed an eBay order and haven’t really received any updates. They marked the cable shipped by the eBay quoted day but the cable hasn’t moved. It has been “shipped” like this for a week. Usps hasn’t received anything yet. I’ve tried to contact them via eBay with no response.

They seem to have good reviews on cable quality and communication. Their prices are decent so that why I decided to give them a try.

Not very happy so far...

Edit:

Well I finally got my cable. Sounds great and good craftsmanship.

I did finally get in touch with the owner of Venus and discussed what the issue I had was.

His cables are apparently made post order... which is fine, but isn’t stated anywhere on his eBay listings.

In the bigger scheme of things it was still a fast turn around for a made to order cable. I just recommended that he list the cables as made to order and not a stock item as some appear on eBay.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 17
Has anyone heard from Venus audio lately. I placed an eBay order and haven’t really received any updates. They marked the cable shipped by the eBay quoted day but the cable hasn’t moved. It has been “shipped” like this for a week. Usps hasn’t received anything yet. I’ve tried to contact them via eBay with no response.

They seem to have good reviews on cable quality and communication. Their prices are decent so that why I decided to give them a try.

Not very happy so far...

Edit:

Well I finally got my cable. Sounds great and good craftsmanship.

I did finally get in touch with the owner of Venus and discussed what the issue I had was.

His cables are apparently made post order... which is fine, but isn’t stated anywhere on his eBay listings.

In the bigger scheme of things it was still a fast turn around for a made to order cable. I just recommended that he list the cables as made to order and not a stock item as some appear on eBay.

I've made an order recently and not received any communication at all.

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #12 of 17
Just got a pure silver 24.5awg wire 8 braid and it's night and day compared to the DUM cable I had stock with the Aeon cold out of the box.
Took one week from placing the order online and the only issue I had was USPS holding the package for 5 days for no reason.

Highly recommended!

IMG_20181221_171416.jpg

Dec 21, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #13 of 17
Finally got my cable after two months with basically zero communication.

The cable is of good quality but i doubt i'd ever order again with such a poor experience.

May 2, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #14 of 17
Just got a pure silver 24.5awg wire 8 braid and it's night and day compared to the DUM cable I had stock with the Aeon cold out of the box.
Took one week from placing the order online and the only issue I had was USPS holding the package for 5 days for no reason.

Highly recommended!

Emailed twice to find out if they will make another set of these pure Silver cables, no answer. Can't order them if I don't know the price!

Jul 1, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #15 of 17
One of Dale's latest creations. 8-wire OCC Silver/Copper & OCC SPC Litz, 6 feet, matching Eidolic 4-pin XLR, HD800 connectors & splitter. Excellent craftsmanship as always.

IMG_20190701_122359.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back