VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
Feb 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #349 of 507
Now have listened to the X with the Note 2 all weekend, I have to say I'm quite impressed. All testing done with IE80.

1. I just realized that when running PowerAmp, you need to turn off the equalizer, tone, lmt settings otherwise it compresses the sound coming through your external DAP.
2. The result is significant clarity improvement. Listening to 16bit 44k flac of Dave Matthew's Grey Street, the transparency comes through quite clearly when my 4 months old is asleep.
3. The output of the X is obviously pitch black without a trace of hiss. This is a lovely change it's almost like your music is instantaneously purified. I guess the hiss only matters for those with high sensitivity IEMs.
4. I wouldn't say the bass is suppressed but to me feels more refined and controlled. Is still punchy with added depth.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #350 of 507
I saw this picture on AnakChan's post on the - All about the new Apple Lightning cables/plugs - thread.
It is the venturecraft micro usb to micro usb with apple micro usb to lightning adapter on the end.
I was wondering if anybody knows if it would work with my Iphone 5 and Go Dap X. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #351 of 507
Quote:
I saw this picture on AnakChan's post on the - All about the new Apple Lightning cables/plugs - thread.
It is the venturecraft micro usb to micro usb with apple micro usb to lightning adapter on the end.
I was wondering if anybody knows if it would work with my Iphone 5 and Go Dap X. 

It should work. I use it with my ipod touch G5.

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #352 of 507
A friend let me listen to his AK100 today. The X + Note 2 pretty much rivals an unamped AK100. The X Muse version may be slightly brighter, but, wow, I was quite amazed the type of sound quality now possible with USB out plus the nice interface of PowerAmp, etc.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #354 of 507
What's the difference between the "amp" and "amp>1" settings on this unit?  Thanks. 
you mean at the top toggle switch? One charges your iPhone too whilst the other the battery is dedicated for DAC/Amp only.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #356 of 507
Now have listened to the X with the Note 2 all weekend, I have to say I'm quite impressed. All testing done with IE80.

1. I just realized that when running PowerAmp, you need to turn off the equalizer, tone, lmt settings otherwise it compresses the sound coming through your external DAP.
2. The result is significant clarity improvement. Listening to 16bit 44k flac of Dave Matthew's Grey Street, the transparency comes through quite clearly when my 4 months old is asleep.
3. The output of the X is obviously pitch black without a trace of hiss. This is a lovely change it's almost like your music is instantaneously purified. I guess the hiss only matters for those with high sensitivity IEMs.
4. I wouldn't say the bass is suppressed but to me feels more refined and controlled. Is still punchy with added depth.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

that was the comment i was looking for.
I will order the X also. which one do you have ??? black or red ?

I saw the new version with a different opamp. i will order that one.

Jut heard that my toxic cable will ship next week so.

anyone have a idea on the shipping time to europe from Venturecraft ?

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #357 of 507
pulled the trigger and ordered the Go-Dap X (Black) LME49860 . :D

will post some first impressions as soon as it arrives

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #358 of 507
Guys, I put mine up for sell here http://www.head-fi.org/t/653293/fs-venturecraft-go-dap-x-red-muse-8920-1-week-old#post_9222268. My friend with AK100 convinced me to get it instead using Note II and the X as my portable set up since I don't use the X as a desktop amp at all. Let me know if you are interested. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #359 of 507
It seems Musica Acoustics has basic Go-DAP X red (Muses8920?) and black (OPA2134) for sale for $300 each. I've already got mine but in case anyone else is interested. Feel free to ping them for it.

Edit: I think this post is ok. If it's not, please let me know and I'm happy to edit/remove it.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #360 of 507
Go-Dap X (Black) LME49860 is at the customs already.
I hope i'll have it before the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back