[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Apr 25, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #7,036 of 7,442
Jumping back in here briefly to say, "Thanks".  Recently my Yuin PK-2s developed a fault in one of the ear bud leads.  In the past I might have decided to replace them.  Price I paid was $80 several years ago.  Since being exposed to some of the low cost (under $10!) options here, that's no longer necessary - especially given I've found I actually prefer the sound of the Phillips SHE3800.  Don't recall names of the HeadFi members that had recommended them in the first place but THANK YOU.  Just ordered another two pair of the Phillips from FastTech.  Hope they sound as good as the ones I have right now. 

BTW - not just my hearing with these.  I sent a pair to a bud in Cali.  He normally listens to some decent AKGs.  He's been enjoying the SHE3800s too.  A nice change up from his AKGs.  

You are in the wrong thread to give your appreciation to SHE3800 which I also like but Monk+ is in a different league.

Do you have a Monk plus?

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #7,037 of 7,442
IMG_1245.JPG
Just thought I'd leave this here!

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #7,041 of 7,442
Thank you bro. I PM'd him:call_me:
Brilliant value and hundreds of options on the web site. You could build almost any cable for anything you want! But you need to persevere with the loading time on the website

May 3, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #7,042 of 7,442
Where is Wildman Lee at?:japanese_goblin:

I heard he can make cables for EX1000 but the page to his site is loading slooooow.

and to not be totally off topic...

man.....u should just email me~ lee@veclan.com , geargeeksp@gmail.com geargeeksp@qq.com

or fb me lol

we do, the site is slow as cuz we have too many options which was not expected when we were making the site for our non-cable items~ but now since we can , we can be doing some nice for our clansmen~and my team is re-making the whole site~ once it is done~ it won't be this slow , but u can still order~lol

Cheers

Lee

p.s. plz do email me , cuz i don't check my pm here as often as before.

May 17, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #7,045 of 7,442
Hi guys :) does anyone have experience using these in a quiet setting such as a library? Due to the silence they don't need to isolate at all but if they're too leaky they will annoy other people near me. Cheers :)

May 17, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #7,046 of 7,442
Hi guys :) does anyone have experience using these in a quiet setting such as a library? Due to the silence they don't need to isolate at all but if they're too leaky they will annoy other people near me. Cheers :)

Since they are earbuds they will leak some sound. You should stick with your IEMs in a library :wink:

May 17, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #7,048 of 7,442
Since they are earbuds they will leak some sound. You should stick with your IEMs in a library :wink:

Thanks, that sucks because I really don't get along with IEMs at all. They never fit so I thought getting some traditional earbuds like the VE Monk would let me study with music :triportsad: . Are they really that bad, even at low volumes? If I put my MH1C at loudish listening levels and hold them about arms-length away I can barely hear them.

I guess for the price they are I may as well get them anyway and see if anyone complains.

May 30, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #7,049 of 7,442

I imagine that, if you're listening at reasonably low volumes, you'd not be close enough for anyone to notice the leakage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back