Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Aug 29, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #362 of 662
These are the crappiest sponge tips I've ever seen 
biggrin.gif
 But may work well with the Duke as they take away all the bass and treble
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #364 of 662
These are the crappiest sponge tips I've ever seen :D  But may work well with the Duke as they take away all the bass and treble :p

That is the same I think:smirk:

Listened with mo's tips for just a bit last night before heading to bed. They sure do look the same ozkan but definitely don't take away all the bass and treble with the Duke.

I'll have to listen more when the wee boys aren't competing for my time and report back. They're really easy to use, comfy and isolate well. That's for sure!

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #366 of 662
  These are the crappiest sponge tips I've ever seen 
biggrin.gif
 But may work well with the Duke as they take away all the bass and treble
tongue.gif

Glad you like it bro, it has the opposite effect. Moar sub and treble :smiley:

Strong words @ozkan, strong words 
tongue.gif

But I have to agree that for me, I prefer the foams provided with the Duke. It might be a difference in how we're inserting them @mochill. I'm not able to get the Duke that far into my canals and am using normal insertion. With this, I do feel like the foamies you sent me absorb bass and treble and make the soundstage smaller. I highly appreciate you putting in the effort to get me a pair to try out before I finalize my review, though. Big ups for that, bro! :thumbsup_tone2::punch_tone2::sunglasses:

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #370 of 662
Just tried the way mo suggested with the foamie / sponge tip flush with the nozzle.

That's workin' much better. I'm surprised and impressed. Dayum, I think I might've just had a transformational moment!
:blink:

Thanks for the tip, mo - both figuratively and literally, lol :wink:

Aug 30, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #375 of 662
Another suggestion from me to tame the lower treble peak would be using de-cored Shure Olive tips.

It definitely works on my RE0. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back