Venture Electronics RunABOUT 2.0 official thread - Transportable Extraordinaire!
Nov 5, 2016 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RedJohn456

Headphoneus Supremus
Venture Electronics - RunABOUT 2.0
Transportable Extraordinaire!

I figured I should get around to making an official thread for this bad boy seeing as how much I love this little amp. Let me introduce the RunABOUT 2.0, successor to the first RunABOUT, which was already considered to be a great amp offering fantastic performance for the price. I purchased the RA 2.0 half a year ago and I have been using it ever since as my go to reference solid state amp. Since then I have tried and owned other amps but time and time again I always find myself coming back to the RA 2.0.

This dual 9V battery powered beast has a beautifully transparent sound that truly brings out the best of any source, while at the same time effortlessly powering everything from sensitive in ear monitors to my Sennheiser HD600. In fact it sounds so good, I would wager that you would have to spend quite a bit more to get a noticeable improvement. As handsome as the amp is, what truly makes it special is what is on the inside 
wink_face.gif

The Output Voltage is rated at 5.5 rms and the Maximum Output Current is 250 mA. 

Build components include 
  1. VISHAY Wafer Chip Resistors
  2. MBB0207 series resistance
  3. BC Low ESR high current filter capacitor
  4. Opa pins SMD AVX tantalum decoupling
  5. Handpicked BI potentiometer
  6. Taiwan SH gold seal power switch, (life span=100k times) (SPL amp also use the switches from SH)
  7. Japanese OTAX small sealed switch for gain adjustment
  8. TYCO fully shielded headphone jack
  9. KEYSTONE 590 battery shrapnel
  10. All RC components are hand-picked +SMIC soldering.

The RA 2.0 utilizes something called three phase amping
  1. First phase - Stabilize the input resistance
  2. Second phase - op based voltage amping
    1. ​low gain is x 2.8
    2. high gain is x 4.6
  3. Third phase - buf634 as output buffer, allows for 250mA output current therefore it can be great for low impedance gear as well

The RA 2.0 it has been my go to amp for quite some time now and as far as solid state amps go these are monsters performers in their price range. They boast a really dark background with a sense of transparency I have yet to hear from any other amp. I have the iDSD Micro feeding it and it acts as my main amp for my every day listening and with its versatility I feel comfortable using it for all types of headphones.

I will add more details about accessories as they are released. Everyone please feel free to post your impressions :)

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #3 of 9
I am in the league now :)
Ordered RA+, RA2 :D

Jul 9, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 9
IMG_5358.JPG
IMG_4275.JPG
I am listing my Venture Electronics Runabout2.0 portable amp because I finally bought a balanced dac, and decided to upgrade to the VE Runabout 2.0B. This unit is 8 months old. Original wall wart power supply included. I will include 5 9v rechargeable batteries, 3 EBL, and 2 soshine, as well as the soshine charger. Everything is in mint condition. Check my audiogon feedback. username: Kddusing.

PayPal fees and shipping to U.S. is included at my asking price of $280.00

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=1

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #9 of 9
@kydu Just came to about of the VE Runabout 2.0 Balanced. Any impressions? When you bought it it comes with the Power Box?

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back