VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
May 14, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #18 of 343
Subscribed!!!

Wow I just realized that this had an Optical In
size]

This may just be the portable Dac/Amp to utilize the excellent transport of the AK100.......and take the AK100 into the next level. Been looking for a portable Dac with an Optical In for a while.

Very excited about this!

May 15, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #19 of 343
Quote:
Subscribed!!!

Wow I just realized that this had an Optical In
size]

This may just be the portable Dac/Amp to utilize the excellent transport of the AK100.......and take the AK100 into the next level. Been looking for a portable Dac with an Optical In for a while.

Very excited about this!

Optical out, optical in, analog in, and headphone out. The only thing that missing is analog out. 
size]

May 15, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #20 of 343
I didn't jump on the DD Socket 1 when it first arrived and I missed the limited edition 12V models too. However with this coming, I'm perhaps happy that I saved my pennies... This may give the Centrance device good competition...

May 15, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #21 of 343
Quote:
I didn't jump on the DD Socket 1 when it first arrived and I missed the limited edition 12V models too. However with this coming, I'm perhaps happy that I saved my pennies... This may give the Centrance device good competition...

I have my Go-Dap X (MUSES 8920) then upgrade to LME49860 with 10Ω output impedance. Bought DD Socket 1 (MUSES 02) and 5 days later they announced limited edition. Get limited edition and a month later they announced Go-Dap X2.

Ok, guess what I'm going to do next. 
size]

Meet my VentureCraft family.

May 16, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #25 of 343
VentureCraft decided to switch the name "SounDroid Typhoon" to "Go-Dap X2"

OpAmp rolling spec.
- Must be DIP dual OpAmp
- SOIC dual OpAmp is compatible but require SOIC-DIP conversion.

Input voltage will be ±9V.
Sorry to burst your bubble. Confirmed just 3 mins ago, SounDroid Typhoon name stays. Advertising, media, etc too widespread already.

Time to change your OP subject name again :wink:.

May 18, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #27 of 343
Subbed.
This is cheering me up from wishing I had reordered the Hifi-M8.

Though, I'd pay extra to not have all the branding all over the device.

Cannot wait to learn more about the sound signature.

Wonder how it will sound on something like HE-400 or Fidelio X1.

May 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #29 of 343
Quote:
Some update from VentureCraft.
  1. The default opamp will be switched from OP275 to LME49860.
  2. Outer finished will be hair-line black semi-gross in stead of matte black.

Yes I just got that email and was about to update it.
=-=-=-=
I actually wrote an email to them requesting for a dedicated amp for the DD socket 1 users. I still believe having a dedicated headphone amplifier in their product line is a logical thing to do due to the DD socket 1. As a happy DD socket 1 user I really do not see the benefit of going to the SounDroid simply because of its OI. I would love to see a dedicated amp from them using the same opamp they used for their DD socket 1 without the extra things which adds to the cost like apple licensing, DAC board and need for a firmware updates in future.

May 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #30 of 343
Quote:
Yes I just got that email and was about to update it.
=-=-=-=
I actually wrote an email to them requesting for a dedicated amp for the DD socket 1 users. I still believe having a dedicated headphone amplifier in their product line is a logical thing to do due to the DD socket 1. As a happy DD socket 1 user I really do not see the benefit of going to the SounDroid simply because of its OI. I would love to see a dedicated amp from them using the same opamp they used for their DD socket 1 without the extra things which adds to the cost like apple licensing, DAC board and need for a firmware updates in future.

Dedicate amp should be awesome but one thing that I like about X or Typhoon is the portability. It's easily fit in my pocket. DD + C5 is a bit too big for my jean. Need to put that in my sweatshirt pocket. I think the only concern to them for making dedicate amp is competition from other companies. There are many amps out their.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back