VENDOR: iDealsound
post-776797
Post #1 of 4

plainsong

Headphoneus Supremus: Untie!
Reaction score
Ok, since search is down, I can't find the original thread for iDealsound. But it's wrong to not let people know my full story, so they can judge for themselves if it's worth it or not.

My first transaction with idealsound went without incident when I bought the ety 4p's around Christmas time this past year. Shipping took 3 days from the US to Finland, and he made out the customs form so that I didn't have to pay any taxes (aka, he undervalued it.
).

My second transaction was a pair of Shure E3's in Febuary. Well, his website has a picture of the E3c, which is a bit misleading, but they both sound the same. Again, the headphones reached me quickly and again I got out of having to pay customs. So far, so good...

The trouble came with trying to return them. I asked him about it, and he promptly replied that it was no problem, just get a tracking number. Well, there's no form of international shipping that the post office here gives a tracking number for. But priority airmail usually takes two weeks tops. On the same day I sent another package to California (where Idealsound is located), as well as one to Hawaii.

Those other packages reached their destinations without incident, but after a couple of weeks I had not heard anything from idealsound. I emailed to ask if the shipment reached him. No reply. I waited a week since it was Easter, and tried again. No reply. Another week, and I tried again. I got a reply that asked me for the tracking number. I replied there was no tracking number, but explained that it should be there. Again, no reply. Tried again in a few days, still no reply. Meanwhile he's got open auctions going on at ebay and is still receiving positive feedbacks.

Around this time, there were some complaints that were similar to mine in the member's forum. It was then that I had to get firm with my last email, and then magically, I got the refund. He said he had been out-of-town. Well, you can be the judge and decide for yourself, but my conclusion is that he's great with shipping things out, and not-so-enthusiastic at honoring his own return policies.

At least I got my refund, and I was honestly thinking that I probably wouldn't. I suppose it's human nature to want to avoid refunding someone, but if that's the case, why even have a return policy?

And now you have the facts of what happened to me. Judge for yourself if you think he'll do it to you, or if you think it's worth the trouble.

post-785135
Post #2 of 4

N@Z

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Communication was flawless and always prompt. All my queries were replied to concisely & courteously.

Had a slight delay with shipping out but that was resolved promptly & my purchased item was expedited to me via courier(!) which was a very pleasant surprise. Note: Always follow up transactions on a regular basis. Package was automatically declared as 'Gift' so I didn't have to pay any taxes. Suffice to say that showed to me how much he cares about his customers.

Two thumbs up as an international seller.

post-785500
Post #3 of 4

MichaelFranks

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Paul at idealsound was awesome to deal with, unbeatable price and free overnight shipping (shipped SAME DAY, emails answered SAME DAY). I couldn't have been happier!

post-1333218
Post #4 of 4

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
My second purchase with Paul. I can't compliment him and his service enough. He truly is a great guy to deal with and I recommend him highly. Bends over backward to make sure the customer gets exactly what he wants and is satisfied. Thanks Paul!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)