VE Monk IE Biggie and Smalls - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #18 of 188
I would think you'd be better off swapping sides to wear them down due to the look of the nozzle angle.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #19 of 188
I would think you'd be better off swapping sides to wear them down due to the look of the nozzle angle.
I tried, but the 2-pin plugs would make it an even worse fit. If the sides are not swapped, then you can still put on the earphones based on the nozzle angle, and get an acceptable fit (but weird looking - like people who choose not to wear the SE215 over-ear).

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #20 of 188
I'm very interested in buying the package, but as I've not purchased any Monk products before, I'm afraid I am not eligible to buy it.
If anybody buys a pair, could I get a gearcode as a reference so I can buy them too?

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #25 of 188
Is the one on the 1st page going to be the final design?

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #26 of 188
I understand that this is a value proposition at 60$ considering everything that you are getting, but the question is, is it actually worth it?
Looking at just one, 40$ can get you a very good IEM these days, for example, Tin Audio T2 (very solid metal build, relatively balanced sound, removable cable of great quality), Monk IE is already behind in terms of design and material choices. In order for a pair of Monk IE to be a valuable purchase it needs to outclass the sound of the best budget IEMs. Do you think that they've done it?
These 2 are quite intriguing but they are getting on the market in a weird time, will probably miss the Black Friday as well and most people looking to buy an IEM of that price might do so when there is a discount of some sorts.

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #27 of 188
One question though. If there is a better one(the Biggie) and the lower performance one(the Smalls) why would they both be $40 for either one of them. Seems the Smalls is not as good in sound or value as who wants to pay the same price for a lower model as a higher(even if only slightly higher) one.

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #30 of 188
Mine too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back