VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Oct 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,667 of 3,324
This might be the surprise that Lee was implying when I asked about the 2.5mm balanced HO compatibility for the likes of N5. Exciting indeed...let's wait and see.
popcorn.gif

Thanks for clarifying, Tamal!

I don't have a balanced out yet, but it's nice to have a future-proof option!

Will the shells be solid black or transparent black?

Guys really sorry for the confusion. See my edit above. There will be options to buy balanced versions in addition to the regular unbalanced Zen 2.0 

So you will have the option to buy either a balanced one or unbalanced. Different balanced options will be possible I think.

Shell will be transparent black AFAIK. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,668 of 3,324
Guys really sorry for the confusion. See my edit above. There will be options to buy balanced versions in addition to the regular unbalanced Zen 2.0 

So you will have the option to buy either a balanced one or unbalanced. Different balanced options will be possible I think.

Shell will be transparent black AFAIK. 

It goes to show that Lee is really listening to his clients ideas and suggestions. I also remember that I asked before if there will be a black VE Zen as I initially did not like the white color casing not until I finally heard the Zen - it doesn't matter anymore with the Zen's mighty sound. Thanks Lee. I just hope that 2.0 will not be that expensive.

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,669 of 3,324
Will the Zen 2.0 be just a cosmetic and durability upgrade, or will it be a sonic upgrade along with the cosmetic and durability upgrade?

Oct 14, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #1,671 of 3,324

All of the above. Cosmetic/Durability and most importantly sonic upgrade.

Nice! I can't wait until someone gets their hands on one. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #1,673 of 3,324
Some discussions I've been having with @goodyfresh in another thread:

ANd yet, earbuds are physically incapable of having good bass-response below 100Hz, and are also physically incapable of achieving low distortion levels below the midrange.

I dunno man, the Zens produce some amazing sound. I guess I like crappy bass response and high distortion levels :)

Interesting.  I've heard that there have been recent advances that have made it possible for earbuds to not be quite so crappy.

That being said though, there are a number of basic reasons from acoustic engineering why it is simply physically impossible for earbuds to sound as good as full-sized headphones or as true in-ear earphones.  THe main issue will always be with the sub-bass and with distortion levels below around 1000Hz or so.  The VERY BEST earbuds are capable of getting an even, mostly flat bass-response down to around 100Hz, sometimes even 80Hz, but always have a drastic drop-off below that point.  You should try playing a sweeping sine-tone from 20Hz to 20Khz sometime through your Zen earbuds and see how even or uneven it sounds in volume.

I can't speak for all earbuds because I was initiated with the VE Zens. But here are some reviews:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ve-zen/reviews/12756
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ve-zen/reviews

I honestly think that you would be surprised with the Zens. Anyway, your points are interesting and I might discuss them further over in the VE thread. Thanks.

Wow, VERY interesting.  It sounds like Venture may have managed to somehow solve the vast majority of the nearly insurmountable engineering issues involved with making good sounding earbuds that rest in the outer ear.  Very interesting indeed.  Hmmmmm.

I'd be very interested for someone to do some measurements of them to test the distortion and such.

If anyone feels that they can provide goody with some useful info (or measurements), please do so!

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back