Variety: Have UE10, interested in E4 or UE 5 Pro
Jul 3, 2005 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joncirca57

100+ Head-Fier
OK, I love my custome IEMs, but I want to try something else. Reasons:
1. Even though the IEMs are great, on long flights I want a different "feel." (India coming up; 20 + hours from MN)
2. Can't help myself.
3. Reason? I don't need no stinking reason! (to paraphrase a line from a great movie
rolleyes.gif
)

Listen to jazz, old and new rock, classical.

Trying to decide between UE5Pro and the Shure 4. I know there are lots of threads on this, but my parameters are:
1. Sound, of course. Like smooth sound; my ideal would be something that sounds like Martin-Logan electrostats but with isolation.
2. Comfort
3. Isolation

I was leaning towards the UE5Pro since I thought the extra bass might help compensate for the background bass from the DC10, but still open to suggestions.

Source: same old iPod (but thinking of i5)

thanks!
Suggestions welcome.

Jul 4, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 4
I have shure e4c, and it is so great to use it to listen to Jazz and classic due to its well balanced sound. As for the comfort, the foam sleeves give me awesome isolation and comfort. As for the isolation, I can have my sister speaking directly to my ear, and I can barely hear what she is saying. When the music is turned on, all I hear is the music.

Also, the bass thing I admit is a little bit weak directly from the iPod. However, it is not from my creative sound blaster Audigy 2 sound card. Note: the bass is still there, but less impact. It is no where near the kinda tapping sound from my sony mdr-e888lp. It is definitely there.

I do not have super.fi pro, but from the review, I know Shure e4c suits my taste because I listen to classic, and Jazz as well. I really want the balanced sound.

Jul 4, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back