Variance in Sound quility from same brand Super.Fi 5 Pro??
Mar 3, 2006 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Xtabi

New Head-Fier
Everyone I need some help. After doing a ton of research here on the forums I decided to go to my local CompUSA and get a pair of Super.Fi 5 Pros. They sounded amazing!

After more research I found out that earphonesolutions.com had them even cheaper than what I paid @ CompUSA. So I took the ones I got from CompUSA back and ordered the ones from EPS.com.

This is where the problem starts. I got the ones from EPS.com two days ago, and they do not sound any where near as good as the ones from CompUSA. I am using the exact same size tips, same DAP, same music. The only difference is the ones from CompUSA were white, and the ones from EPS.com are black.

Can anyone help me out on what to do??? I really liked the pair from CompUSA but they can not do the same price as I got from EPS.com. Should I return them to EPS.com for another pair?

Help! I really like these!

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 13
Are you sure they're both Pros and one isn't an EB?

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
Are you sure they're both Pros and one isn't an EB?

LOL. What kind of a noob question is that? LMAO

You'd have to be a mongoloid not to realize that.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 13
For the record, I just got my 5pros (black) in from HeadRoom today, and they definitely sound closer to your CompUSA description.

$200 there, and I'd say try them if you want a good deal and reliability, but the problem is I think they're still on somewhat of a backorder (though they may have simply not updated the site for that yet).

Guess you could call 'em and find out right away.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamP

True, but you don't have to be a jerk about it... Sheesh!

Maybe give customer support at UE a call and see if they can help at all.

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

They were trying to be helpful. You're just being a jerk.

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

The arrogance on this board by some of the posters, like AdamP, never ceases to amaze me. I just commented on this in another thread.

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #9 of 13
the black ones from earphonesolutions sound like the white ones from headroom to me, but i got mine before the new discount.... maybe the discount is for not so good ones? this is interesting... or it could just be burn in.

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #10 of 13
They are both the Pro's. One was not the EB haha! I'm not THAT noobish!

I called earphonesolutions and they told me I would have to send them back to UA. So it looks like thats what I'll be doing. I guess I just got a dud pair.

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

And you'd have to be a dick to say something like that...

To the issue at hand, my Superfi 5 Pro's landed two days ago from Earphone solutions. They are superb, and yours should be as well.

Supossedly, UE has killer customer service. I'd suggest contacting them and getting their input. They may very well find it interesting; my guess is they'd send you a new set ASAP. The last thing they want is for you to return them and buy somethng else (which is what you'll do, I assume, if the issue is not resolved).

Try working the system, and hopefully your patience will pay off. Best of luck and definitely let us know outcome!!!

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #12 of 13
Just a suggestion, I was about to point out break in till I noticed you added that they are equal in that regard.

You mention the first ones sound "a lot better" but don't go on to clarify that in any way. That leaves it open to a lot of interpretation, can you try to be a little more specific?

Ultimately if you've paid attention to tips, source, model and music there's not much left to look at. Which makes me think, maybe you have a bit of and earwax buildup.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Just like yours about DSOTM? Your "finding" is pretty common knowledge to anyone who's listened to that album carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back