Vape-Fi
Oct 29, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #2,356 of 3,183
mesh mesh mesh. Rayon is good, though. mesh mesh mesh

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #2,357 of 3,183
  I've been using Cotton Bacon V2 for a while now and prefer it to my old Muji and as long as the cotton is saturated at the start, I find a very short break in period.

Granted, it's way more expensive than Muji, but worth it to me.

Here's my latest purchase, the Rig Mod V3 with the Terk RDA on top.  This performs very well, but there are a couple of issues, in case anyone else is considering buying them.

The atty is 24mm and the mod 25mm, there are no spares with the atty, the switch on the mod is very, very stiff and after one days use, my forearm was a bit sore in the morning.  Also, getting the button out is proving a real pain and I've contacted VAMP to find out how it can be done and if the throw can be adjusted.

The main problem is that when I put the new atty through the ultrasonic cleaner, the artwork on the atty started coming off, rather ruining the look for me and I'm trying to get a replacement.

Verdict still out on Cotton Bacon. Trying to establish a few things before final descion. 

It will be used regardless, my happy trigger finger ordered another 2-packets before the first even arrived. 
rolleyes.gif

I don't use any Boutique Cotton, it's a little too novelty and high brow for me...
tongue_smile.gif

Rayon is all I use, 900' of the finest wicking material $20 can buy. 
biggrin.gif

I can get this, 7-meters for about $15, I'm trying to work out if its what I already have though from an Australian store.

At the very least, its a pleasure finding my ideal setup and only playing with cotton/rayon to fine tune things. 

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #2,358 of 3,183
I bought some Kendo Vape cotton. Lasts sooooo long vs other generic cotton I've used. Super clean and great absorption and clean flavour. Personally, I'm not sure I'd like Rayon. Chemically treated cellulose to create a manufactured material..... yeah, just not for me.

Oct 30, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #2,360 of 3,183
Kendo is popular on our Australian facebook vape page, a little expensive though over here for something I'd use full-time. I can meet the price of Cotton Bacon V2 without too much concern. I think (atm) I may stick with the Bacon, I've ordered another few packets. In total I have 5-packs coming so I better get vaping...

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #2,361 of 3,183
Oh, Hadaly.

The flavor is for real. It is not revelatory but represents, I believe, as good as drippers can get. The design is quite smart and well executed. Building is easy, performance yields are top notch no matter what kind of coil you throw in there.

I ran through alien, claptons and regular roundwire. I had a preference for the aliens at a .3 which seemed low from what I heard.
I didn't find it over the top hot and the atomizer didn't go burning up. It ran a bit warm. A surprisingly dense vape as well.

Overall not bad at all, however, I don't feel it presents anything over what I'm currently oogling over - Nextiny/Nextasis.
In fact, flavor is more nuanced and treated with more delicacy than dripping which is more in your face.
Lastly, this isn't for MTL. Nice restricted lung hits. Horses for courses.

I think this is a no brainer. And thank god, it's not made out of some ******* ultem. KLS, Array, and whatever other garbage HEMO BS.

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #2,362 of 3,183
  Oh, Hadaly.

The flavor is for real. It is not revelatory but represents, I believe, as good as drippers can get. The design is quite smart and well executed. Building is easy, performance yields are top notch no matter what kind of coil you throw in there.

I ran through alien, claptons and regular roundwire. I had a preference for the aliens at a .3 which seemed low from what I heard.
I didn't find it over the top hot and the atomizer didn't go burning up. It ran a bit warm. A surprisingly dense vape as well.

Overall not bad at all, however, I don't feel it presents anything over what I'm currently oogling over - Nextiny/Nextasis.
In fact, flavor is more nuanced and treated with more delicacy than dripping which is more in your face.

I think this is a no brainer. And thank god, it's not made out of some ******* ultem. KLS, Array, and whatever other garbage HEMO BS.

Been looking at picking one up myself since my 23mm Astron is really close to giving up on life.

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #2,363 of 3,183
  Been looking at picking one up myself since my 23mm Astron is really close to giving up on life.

Pick up another Tiny. 
tongue.gif
 Perfectly acceptable replacement for the Astron. 

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #2,364 of 3,183
  Oh, Hadaly.

I don't get anything special out of my Hadaly really and tend to get better flavour from my Goon, Terk and Twisted Messes 2.

I'll try one or two other builds in there, to see where I might be going wrong, otherwise, I'm selling the thing.

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #2,365 of 3,183

I don't get anything special out of my Hadaly really and tend to get better flavour from my Goon, Terk and Twisted Messes 2.

I'll try one or two other builds in there, to see where I might be going wrong, otherwise, I'm selling the thing.

I already sold mine. I say bigger clapton-type builds put most RDA's on the same level. Play with it or just can it.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #2,366 of 3,183
I bought some Kendo Vape cotton. Lasts sooooo long vs other generic cotton I've used. Super clean and great absorption and clean flavour. Personally, I'm not sure I'd like Rayon. Chemically treated cellulose to create a manufactured material..... yeah, just not for me.

Sorry to hear that Rayon is not for you, you really don't know what you are missing.

To quote JeremyR from the Rayon thread over on ECF.

Is it safe?

- safer than cotton
- evidence shows vaping is safer with rayon

OK let's talk about the safety question, as ridiculous as it is.. The fact is there was a vast amount of misconception as to what Rayon even is. Misinformation about Rayon, or cellucotton rayon, was quickly spread through the community and trickled down from the top as well.

So what is it?

Rayon Wick is pure cellulose, more pure than can be found in nature. Cellulose is the building block of plants throughout the world. You eat cellulose daily. Rayon has been around for 150 years. It has been highly studied.

No one has been able to produce any scientific evidence or proof that there is anything, whatsoever, of concern in Rayon fiber.

Its used by surgens, labs for testing biological samples because its purity doesn't contaminate the samples like cotton. Cellulose made by an identical viscose method is also used in Food products like sausage casings. Cellucotton / rayon has been used internally for many years thanks to Kimberly Clark. Rayon was used by doctors heavily in WW1. In all this time if there was something wrong with it we would know.

Rayon from many different manufactures has been tested by oeko-tex, world leading textile safety tester, and it has been certified free from any harmful contaminates and even those that could be potentially harmful. The FTC defines rayon as pure cellulose.

Rayon -

Cellulose -

http://www.chem.ucla.edu/harding/IGOC/R/rayon.html

Rayon Wick is safer than tap water. Water has vast magnitudes of more chemicals and contaminates in it than a piece of rayon wick.

Rayon is basically the same as cigarette paper when it burns.. My wicking is unburnt after 300ml at high power so its not even a concern of burning.

Cotton is not a pure cellulose its also the most chemically treated crop in the world. It contains protien components that make it taste bad and reduce wicking. However you can make rayon from cotton plants... and if you did; all the pesticides and protiens would be chemically seperated and the final product would be pure cellulose.

Why is it safer to vape with than cotton?

The proof is in the gunk. When juice overheats it gunks. Overheating juice has byproducts that could be unhealthy.

Rayon and the way it works produces very little if any gunk. A fraction of that wich builds up with cotton.

That means your coil stays saturated enough through out the vape that it doesn't overheat to the point of burning the juice.

It is a wick that controls coil temperature in normal use by freely juicing the coil. Cotton absorbs and holds back juice from the coil rayon delivers freely at breakneck speed.

Production-
(Simplified)

Rayon Wick is a cellulose extracted by scientific method from plant material, trees mostly, and regenerated into pure cellulose fibers. Many things in life are chemically extracted. The components used to extract and reassemble the pure cellulose are not in the final fiber. The beauty of chemistry is knowing exactly how things are going to happen. Its no question, its scientific fact. As much as the earth is round.

I have reviewed possibly hundreds of scientific documents and books, and I have found no cause for concern. Please post your questions or comments here or search the original thread, there are many links to scientific literature and chemistry books on the subject.

If you want to learn more about Rayon, everything is covered in this thread on ECF in the first 6 posts.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/rayon-wick-better-flow-flavor-longevity-and-nic-hit-pt-2.706948/

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #2,368 of 3,183
  i still just use muji. 

There is a cotton I get from Fast Tech called LTQ Vaper, I'm pretty sure its repackaged Muji.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011538/3417200-ltq-vaper-japanese-organic-cotton-for-rda-rta-rba

I'm not sure why, I'm a little sensitive to some brand cotton pads, they make my mouth dry after a few hours, it was really annoying when I can get almost 200 pads of Muji for $15 in Australia. That's what started my quest into Cotton Bacon and a few others. LTQ Vaper pads also work well for me, strange if its Muji..

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #2,369 of 3,183

There is a cotton I get from Fast Tech called LTQ Vaper, I'm pretty sure its repackaged Muji.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011538/3417200-ltq-vaper-japanese-organic-cotton-for-rda-rta-rba

I'm not sure why, I'm a little sensitive to some brand cotton pads, they make my mouth dry after a few hours, it was really annoying when I can get almost 200 pads of Muji for $15 in Australia. That's what started my quest into Cotton Bacon and a few others. LTQ Vaper pads also work well for me, strange if its Muji..

i guess i haven't really tried any of the others.  i've been quite satisfied with the flavor i've gotten, so i haven't deviated from it.   maybe i'll break down and try some fancy stuff some time.  same with wire....most of my wire is cheap lightning vapes wire.  haven't messed with any of the boutique wire. 

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #2,370 of 3,183

i guess i haven't really tried any of the others.  i've been quite satisfied with the flavor i've gotten, so i haven't deviated from it.   maybe i'll break down and try some fancy stuff some time.  same with wire....most of my wire is cheap lightning vapes wire.  haven't messed with any of the boutique wire. 

An Australian reviewer does a good run down on cotton including 'boutique cotton' as Troll Dragon calls it. I sat through the entire 30 minutes a few days ago. The Vaping Bogan (that is his name) swears a lot (a real lot) and represents a complete Bogan of Australia, but actually he knows what he's talking about and quite intelligent. Its a bit like RIP Trippers, at first I couldn't stand his editing style, now I reallly respect him personally and laugh along with his vids.

I'll leave a link to the cotton video here, rather not embed it because he does swear A LOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26bVyA0FQp4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back