Vape-Fi
Aug 11, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #137 of 3,183
If you don't smoke, don't bother with trying vaping unless you're going to fully commit to the experience. The clearomizer tanks just aren't worth it comparative to just how much flavor and vapor production drippers and genny's can give you. Plus, building your own coils can give you much more flexibility per building for the most flavor, vapor, or something in between.

Genny's are even more difficult (very fickle) to get right, so I wouldn't recommend
looking at them until you're comfortable with builds and understand how resistance/wicking, battery safety, etc all work.

With that said, even for a non smoker there is a ton possible with the right equipment. Some juices
can really help curb with overeating, which promotes weight loss - and you can even drop to 0 mg of nicotine and take 1 less-unhealthy factor out of the equation.

Lastly, there's a lot fear-mongering that surrounds vaping - either in regards to sub ohming and the simple
misconceptions per battery safety, etc. All the way down to food coloring, types of cottons, or silica, hell, even stainless steel mesh, and the now evergrowing popularity of different wires.

Doing some researching you can find most of these factors - on their own are well within the thresholds of  safety - per health risks.

The unknown is simply real long-term effects because vaping just hasn't been on the map nearly long enough
to know with any certainty. From the looks of it however, it would definitely seem to be a healthy 'alternative.'

Aug 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #138 of 3,183
I've just ordered some SpaceJam Eclipse. I'm still into tobacco e-liquids but haven't quite found the right one. It's almost a euro per 1ML (with shipping exactly 1 euro per 1ML) so hope it's worth it.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #139 of 3,183
Besides NET's - though I'm not a huge tobacco fan (Drip Throat contradicts that) I really
enjoyed Indigo. You could check around to see if maybe they're not distributed by a local chain i.e Liberty-flights, etc.

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #140 of 3,183
  Besides NET's - though I'm not a huge tobacco fan (Drip Throat contradicts that) I really
enjoyed Indigo. You could check around to see if maybe they're not distributed by a local chain i.e Liberty-flights, etc.

Will do, thanks! The offering in the Netherlands is expanding but it's still kinda limited. Lot of juices comes from the USA which is just expensive to sell for retailers here (custom fees and such). Ordering from UK is pretty lame because of the value of the pounds and shippingcost which makes it ridiculously expensive. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #141 of 3,183
  Will do, thanks! The offering in the Netherlands is expanding but it's still kinda limited. Lot of juices comes from the USA which is just expensive to sell for retailers here (custom fees and such). Ordering from UK is pretty lame because of the value of the pounds and shippingcost which makes it ridiculously expensive. 

That is what I figured, which completely sucks. Anyways, hopefully you'll find a tobacco blend that does it for ya!

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #142 of 3,183
  That is what I figured, which completely sucks. Anyways, hopefully you'll find a tobacco blend that does it for ya!

It is coming though. We have expensive and nice mods now (Dani, Provari, DNA 30 etc) and all the RTA's. Retailers are doing their best to get the best juices too. Experince with five pawns by any chance?

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #143 of 3,183
  It is coming though. We have expensive and nice mods now (Dani, Provari, DNA 30 etc) and all the RTA's. Retailers are doing their best to get the best juices too. Experince with five pawns by any chance?

That's good. I know in the states vapeshops are popping up everywhere. But we'll see how the FDA regulations effect this growth.

I know a lot of people who are all-over Five Pawns - I am just not into them. I also do not like their pricing at all.
With that said, their juices are just ok to me, but the blends are good. Meaning, they're not crappy/perfumey/cheap juices. There's just a good handful of others I'd easily recommend over FP.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #144 of 3,183
  That's good. I know in the states vapeshops are popping up everywhere. But we'll see how the FDA regulations effect this growth.

I know a lot of people who are all-over Five Pawns - I am just not into them. I also do not like their pricing at all.
With that said, their juices are just ok to me, but the blends are good. Meaning, they're not crappy/perfumey/cheap juices. There's just a good handful of others I'd easily recommend over FP.

Cool, good to know. Was kinda curious even though they don't have any tobacco flavours but the price is pretty insane. 28 euro for 30ML here. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #145 of 3,183
  Cool, good to know. Was kinda curious even though they don't have any tobacco flavours but the price is pretty insane. 28 euro for 30ML here. 

Their take is appreciated - I liked Castle Long, but hated Absolute Pin - so to me, it's a mixed bag. As said,
the blends are good, it's just subjectively taste wise not my thing.
But their pricing is absolutely absurd. Consider some of the most popular juices like Boba's Bounty or Pluid( and at many points
these juices were pretty damn impossible to get a hold of) Five Pawns is just taking advantage of the big vape boom.
And compare flavor IMO VapeOholic or Nicoticket trounces anything from Five Pawns. Not to mention their prices are just way more fair.

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #146 of 3,183
The Steam Factory - Blue Ballz. A banana blueberry blend.

To me, this juice is way light. The blueberry is extremely muted and you have to really search for it - the banana is the star here. A pretty natural and smooth
banana missing some creaminess. Again, while the banana is definitely the dominant flavor here it's way too subtle.

Overall an ok juice. I've been on the search for a great blueberry dominant juice and this misses the mark. 

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #147 of 3,183
The Standard Deadman's Party. A sweet blueberry lemonade.

Once again, another too mild or muted juice. Blueberry is very subtle, but has a nice tartness that I enjoy quite a bit. The lemonade is dominant here
and isn't overly tart - which would ruin the juice with tart on tart. However, the lemonade is also pretty subtle - I'd say this is another very light type of juice. 

Overall this juice doesn't pack enough flavor - again, the blueberry kind of sucks (as do most blueberry juices I've tried) I really could have
seen me liking this quite a bit if that lemon had more presence. Probably won't bother vaping this again.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #148 of 3,183
The Dani S Extreme truly is magnificent. Lot of power in a small device. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #149 of 3,183
One step closer to vape nirvana!

I dig that it doesn't do PWM, so it really sounds like it's a solid device.

Aug 19, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #150 of 3,183
MOAR Drip Throat. This past week was a little rough - I ran out of Drip Throat way early in the week - finding out how much
I could drip in a day (around 26ml gone) while I have a ton of other juices I just wasn't hitting that vape satisfaction mark.

With that, I decided to try out a juice of his I've never heard anybody mention- AND a juice of his that is pretty popular
just not something I thought I'd like. As a fanboy of VapeOholic I bet you're thinking
this dude loves all VapeOholic's juices, come on man! Almost true. However, I pay my way for all my gear - no review samples or freebies.

Blueberry Wild. Ugh! I've been on a quest for a great blueberry juice - just can not find this unicorn. Blueberry Wild: a sweet blueberry - not candied per se, kind of like a bakery type of blueberry. I can taste the greatness looming in the vast muted void. I can tell I would really love this juice if it could just break out! Some may think let it steep - nope. Vincent's juices don't benefit from steeping per if they're mixed the right way, there's no need to steep.

Overall misses the mark - big time.

Next up Crayon 69. Chewy mixed fruit candy flavor. I can see a lot of people loving this juice - like a twangy skittles package. 
To me, there's a sort of Kryptonite thing goin' on. There's some of that lime with some nicely done citrus. My favorite aspect to this juice is that citrus,
which just pops nicely and accents the sweetness of those other fruits/flavors. 

There's ultimately a sort of flat flavor mixed in there that ruins this juice for me. I can't put my finger on this specific flavor - but accented against
that crisp lime and citrus that pops with flavor, there is an off - dry type of fruit where as the others are more lush and wet tasting.

Overall I can see why many love this juice - it's a nice skittled type, however, personally, there's a flat aspect to this juice that just works against
the profile of the rest of the flavors. Just not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back