Vancouver meeting for IEM comparison (UERM & MOD Tf 10pro).
Jul 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

skfktkwjs

100+ Head-Fier
Original like is here -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/672716/the-999-vs-99-challenge-tour

Hi Guys~ I just started this Thread because I got a chance to have demo uerm and one of my friend's modified ue triple-fi 10 pro. 

It should only happen in USA but since I know one of the guys who's in charge of this event, I am able to join this tour.  

Therefore I want you guys to join me and share experiences with me. I  am hopping we can have meet at Headphonebar (located on Broadway and Alberta st). Hopefully we can have a good time comparing these two IEM.

This meet will be few hour long and your all welcome to bring your own iem or headphones to compare, However since it is not my IEMs,
there should be some care needs.  

I would let you know when I am going to get the UERM and MODTF10 and from that we can arrange our meeting~!!

+ MOD Tf10 pro is not for selling and Rin Choi will not accept any modification request

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 11
Even if the TF10 comes close to the UERM, the ergonomics of the TF10 is simply awful. Also, seeing how modding the TF10 is essential to "match" the UERM, this won't appeal to many enthusiasts, but nevertheless, I might be interested in participating.

Lets see how it turns out

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
Do we have permission from Travis?

It will take some time to get to me and I am talkig about this event with him. He seems to have positive reaction. I will let you know when its bit more clear when and where.

Even if the TF10 comes close to the UERM, the ergonomics of the TF10 is simply awful. Also, seeing how modding the TF10 is essential to "match" the UERM, this won't appeal to many enthusiasts, but nevertheless, I might be interested in participating.

Lets see how it turns out

Same herre. I am not that great fan of tf but...on my opinion, uerm was simply no worth to me..it caost $999 but I rather get ue11 or jh11 pro...I would say tf &ue rm are top line of laid back mid 

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 11
Well I may have the JH16 Freqphase and JH3A with me by the time this happens. My ear canals are rather large so I think people can stuff them in the years though it won't be as ideal as a custom fit, let alone a universal fit.

If there're going to be more than 4 people joining, HPB isn't going to be large enough to really host this many people for an extended period of time. :\ Planx can offer his house though. :wink:

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
Well I may have the JH16 Freqphase and JH3A with me by the time this happens. My ear canals are rather large so I think people can stuff them in the years though it won't be as ideal as a custom fit, let alone a universal fit.

If there're going to be more than 4 people joining, HPB isn't going to be large enough to really host this many people for an extended period of time. :\ Planx can offer his house though. :wink:

OH ya~ I remembered last time when we had meet there. will see how it goes ad I will have my freqphase jh13 at that time for sure so it would be interesting to see~!

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 11
For anyone who see this thread, here's some tips for anyone considering CIEMs and wondering about ear impressions.

I've been to countless different audiologists all across Vancouver, countless all listed under Westone, JH, and UE websites as "preferred" audiologists, and more.
Pricing seems to be everywhere, from 15/ear to 100/ear. Yes. $100 per ear. The average seems to be around $50 for the pair.
As for competency of the technicians, I've only met one audiologist who knew about custom in ear monitors, knew people who has got impressions from them before for said custom IEMs, and actually knew how to make good impressions for monitors, including how to employ the bite block in order to get different fit results.

Jamie Larsen from Simple Hearing Solutions in Burnaby. This guy knew what he was doing; he has had cIEMs for himself before, meaning he has gone through the experience of getting inadequate ear impressions from incompetent technicians. He knows our frustration, and so he does his best to get the impression right the first time. He knows how to use the bite block for a musician's fit, more nuances related to getting the perfect ear impressions.

I got my ear impressions done from him for my JH16. I received them today, and in no shape or form did I feel nervous about the fit as I was confident in Jamie's skills. Not surprisingly, they fit perfectly, with no wiggle room, no extreme tightness, and seal does not break at all no matter how wide I open my mouth, vertically and horizontally. I'm effing happy right now that I don't need to go through the refit process over and over again, waiting weeks, months to really start enjoying the IEMs. 

Everyone, go to this guy for impressions, seriously. I always see people having a hard time with refits, spending $50 every time to gamble on a different audiologist in hopes for them to be more competent than the previous. Being in Canada, it's even more of a hassle. Stop this nonsense and just go to Simple Hearing Solutions in Burnaby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back