Van Orly's Somebody Hold Me
post-748332
Post #1 of 6

Lisa

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I turn on the tv at night and there was the sound of a radiostation on (because it was nightime). There was this song playing I fell in love with immediately. Fortunately the presentor said what it was 'Van Orly - Walking Through This Fire'. So I went on the internet, figured out what the album was called and ordered it straight away. I wasn't dissapointed!

The singer Saskia van Orly has a great voice and wrote most of the songs herself. It's a mixture of soul, blues and jazz and I can't recommend it high enough.

Anyway, if you want to hear for yourself there are samples on her site you can listen to:

http://www.vanorly.com/downloads_en.asp

Just wanted to share this great album with you all.

post-750506
Post #2 of 6

Lisa

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
2 views?!?

And of of them is mine!
If nobody likes it fine. But I'd like more than one person to at least look at my post

post-750568
Post #4 of 6

Davey

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by Lisa
2 views?!?

And of of them is mine!

Heehee, and the other was me! Just like one of my posts. Have you heard any Blonde Redhead?

Actually I plugged it in Google yesterday and it sounded good. Maybe we just need to spice up our subject lines a little. Your avatar is very cool.

post-751213
Post #5 of 6

Demolition

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Saskia van Orly's voice is reminiscient of Aretha Franklin's. Very interesting.

I might have to order her CD.

... or maybe not. It's $26.29 US at CD Universe and $27.99 US at Amazon. Pretty steep. Typical for an import CD, though.

D.

Edit: added the bit about the price.

post-751221
Post #6 of 6

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by Lisa
2 views?!?

And of of them is mine!
If nobody likes it fine. But I'd like more than one person to at least look at my post

My guess is that the title sounds a little too touchy feeling for this hothouse of testosterone. Anything with titles like that are likely not to get much attention.
No matter how good the music actually is. Don't you know why men pound each other on the back when they hug? No? It's to prove they don't like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)