Vali 2 tube rolling
Mar 31, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #829 of 6,436
  That is a huge tube!. Please explain what that tube does for the sound of the amplifier as opposed to the Telefunken 6922 I rolled or the stock tube Schiit supplies. Thanks

Well there is a socket saver and two adapters under the tube.

Just installed the tube this morning, I will need more time to study/listen.  However, previously I was running a 6SN7GT Russian so it has been a while since I listened to any 6922s or equals in this amp.

JMTC,
r2

Edit:

After further listening, I find that this tube sounded very good in the Vali 2 however, the SQ was not much different from many of the 6SN7 tubes in the Vali 2.  In fact, with the Grado 325e headphones I still prefer the 1961 6SN7 Russian sound.

So I got curious about the Sylvania 6F8G and adapter in my DarkVoice 336 SE.  I think the 6F8G has found a home, at least for a while :)  I am driving Beyerdynamic T90 with this amp.

If I had not purchased the used DarkVoice a couple of weeks back, the 6F8G would have stayed in the Vali 2 for a while and the T90s would have stayed with a 6SN7 adapted Lyr 1.

For now the Vali 2 will stay as a 6SN7 amp.

I have a couple more 6F8Gs on order to play with at a later date. I will see what happens then.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #830 of 6,436
Well there is a socket saver and two adapters under the tube.

Just installed the tube this morning, I will need more time to study/listen.  However, previously I was running a 6SN7GT Russian so it has been a while since I listened to any 6922s or equals in this amp.

JMTC,
r2

Edit:

After further listening, I find that this tube sounded very good in the Vali 2 however, the SQ was not much different from many of the 6SN7 tubes in the Vali 2.  In fact, with the Grado 325e headphones I still prefer the 1961 6SN7 Russian sound.

So I got curious about the Sylvania 6F8G and adapter in my DarkVoice 336 SE.  I think the 6F8G has found a home, at least for a while :)  I am driving Beyerdynamic T90 with this amp.

If I had not purchased the used DarkVoice a couple of weeks back, the 6F8G would have stayed in the Vali 2 for a while and the T90s would have stayed with a 6SN7 adapted Lyr 1.

For now the Vali 2 will stay as a 6SN7 amp.

I have a couple more 6F8Gs on order to play with at a later date. I will see what happens then.

May 8, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #836 of 6,436
Holy crap. Just put in a Philips 7DJ8 and it is dead quiet. Compared to the stock tube which has an annoying buzz on my iems and sr80e this tube has no noise what so ever even on high gain. Initial sound impressions, with just 15 minutes of listening the resolution is definitely better. Now all I have to do is burn in. :)

May 8, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #837 of 6,436
This mini tube, 6n28b-v is without doubt the best one I've put in Vali2 so far. It is just great. I tried to connect 2 6s31b-r, however one of them was dead on arrival :frowning2: 18 mA/V
9940250_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• 6n28b-v.jpg
    6n28b-v.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #838 of 6,436
Hi guys, i'm new in the world of tube rolling, i have the vali 2, modi 2 and the fidelio x2, and i want to change the vali's tube, I would like a more open sound, a greater soundstage with more precision and a more airy highs (Yes i know Too many pretensions for a small budget)
Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back