Vali 2 tube rolling
Aug 28, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #4,426 of 6,436
Aug 28, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #4,427 of 6,436
I got tired of looking, so I decided to just add a headphone jack to my Jota. I figure 22 watts/channel should be enough to drive the Aeons OK. Now I just need a 150' long headphone cable to get from the big rig to the headphone listening chair. :slight_smile:
Build your own cable, that way I have no liability issues when your headphones become a giant fuse.

Considering the distance I would use 10 awg wire, the weight of the wire will either build up your neck muscles or your head will keep toppling over; eventually your family will get used to that and just think you are buttered. (drunk)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #4,428 of 6,436
Aug 28, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #4,429 of 6,436
Build your own cable, that way I have no liability issues when your headphones become a giant fuse.

Considering the distance I would use 10 awg wire, the weight of the wire will either build up your neck muscles or your head will keep toppling over; eventually your family will get used to that and just think you are buttered. (drunk)

I was planning on using this just to minimize the voltage drop. I'll be needing some of that fancy sleeving you have though so it's not an eyesore. :relaxed:

upload_2019-8-28_21-27-37.png

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #4,430 of 6,436
I was planning on using this just to minimize the voltage drop. I'll be needing some of that fancy sleeving you have though so it's not an eyesore. :relaxed:

I will certainly see if I can find something that fits your style and social standing.
4.8_Padding_Smoothing_Shaping_936759_270x270.jpg
These are going to Jason, practically the same thing, only different.IMG_1171.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #4,431 of 6,436
Aug 28, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #4,432 of 6,436
QUOTE="bcowen, post: 15153882, member: 489394"]Not sure anything that cheap can be actually purchased and will likely require some dumpster diving. :relaxed:

You might check on the trademark, but Mad Scientist Audio may already have that look locked up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

http://madscientist-audio.com/pc-first.html

[/QUOTE]

As a member of the trade I am not supposed to say much about other companies products but Hell's ducks, does that stuff sell? If so they are either geniuses or they went out of business within a week

I mean that in the nicest possible way.IMG_2170.JPG I try to make cables look like they belong, these have silver plated OFC braid. I wish I could still find this cable but alas I only have a few feet of it left.

Attachments

• IMG_2180.JPG
    IMG_2180.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #4,433 of 6,436
As a member of the trade I am not supposed to say much about other companies products but Hell's ducks, does that stuff sell? If so they are either geniuses or they went out of business within a week.

I've been aware of their existence for the last 4 or 5 years. Have no idea how long they've been in business though. That cord scares me just by looking at it, but they do have this stuff that is kinda cool. It's messy, but it's not expensive and makes an audible difference depending on where you use it. Nothing night and day, but noticeable:

http://madscientist-audio.com/graphene_ce.html

And then there's this cable. I've seen postings from people going into nearly lunatic raves about it, and some calling it the equivalent of a $10 Belden from Amazon. I haven't tried it. I don't have the technical knowledge to support or refute their marketing claims, but what I *do* know is that hell will have entered a new ice age before I spend $400 on a USB cable. :grimacing:

http://madscientist-audio.com/bmusb.html

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #4,434 of 6,436

Ah Ha! There is more Yellow speaker wire...I knew there had to be more.
Bill, can you terminate the one end with bananas and the other small spades?

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #4,435 of 6,436
I've been aware of their existence for the last 4 or 5 years. Have no idea how long they've been in business though. That cord scares me just by looking at it, but they do have this stuff that is kinda cool. It's messy, but it's not expensive and makes an audible difference depending on where you use it. Nothing night and day, but noticeable:

l

A friend got on to the Graphene train early on, when is was esoteric over on Audiogon... He said he could hear a difference. For $49 I am sure he could...

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #4,436 of 6,436

And then there's this cable. I've seen postings from people going into nearly lunatic raves about it, and some calling it the equivalent of a $10 Belden from Amazon. I haven't tried it. I don't have the technical knowledge to support or refute their marketing claims, but what I *do* know is that hell will have entered a new ice age before I spend $400 on a USB cable. :grimacing:

http://madscientist-audio.com/bmusb.html

For $400 I will personally build you two such cables and throw in an ounce of unicorn sweat. But seriously I have experimented and can get decent distances beyond 15 feet using quality products I trust.

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #4,437 of 6,436
Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #4,438 of 6,436
I believe this is 1, 8 pics and not 1 pic of the getter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amperex-EC...?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144&redirect=mobile
Bought a couple single Mullard Blackburn ECC82 that tested around this tubes readings, the were over 2,000 in Gm.
Nice find! That is a d foil getter and a really good price, and if I did not have 3 of them already, I would jump on that one. I doubt you can find one cheaper, if this is the tube you are looking for. Looks like a good return policy, as well.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #4,439 of 6,436
Aug 29, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #4,440 of 6,436
Nice find! That is a d foil getter and a really good price, and if I did not have 3 of them already, I would jump on that one. I doubt you can find one cheaper, if this is the tube you are looking for. Looks like a good return policy, as well.
Good seller too, wish I got this instead of the bad one I'm returning. That seller never got back to me about paying for my return shipping due to item not as described. Going to leave appropriate feedback once I get my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back