Vali 2 tube rolling
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,831 of 6,436
I think ebay sellers troll these forums looking for what's the flavour of the month, jacking up the prices accordingly.
Either that or @bcowen has started to buy up every mouse ear and supply is the dwindling:wink:

Bill, nah, he is into 7N7s....he leaves these big tubes alone.....

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #1,832 of 6,436
It is the taller 7N7's that Bill seeks, this style. 7n7.jpg The tube on the left that is.

Feb 12, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #1,834 of 6,436
Received the ol' mouse ears today from that ebay listing the other day. I like it, kind of a lot. I will run it for a bit before I decide if I like it over my JJ 6SN7 that I was running previously. As of right now, they are pretty close sounding to me, but after running for a day or 2 we shall see if that stays the same. This thing doesn't have much glow, but it has glorious sound for sure. One thing I did notice right away, schiit in gets you schiit out for sure. My good sounding tracks sound amazing. My crappy recorded tracks sound, well like schiit. Probably enjoy Diana Krall through this tube more so than any other tube I have tried to date.

EDIT: How do you figure/find out the production year of these mouse ears?

Share a night-photo after that glorious tube's all warmed up? Very nice, indeed!

Feb 12, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #1,835 of 6,436
I think ebay sellers troll these forums looking for what's the flavour of the month, jacking up the prices accordingly.
Either that or @bcowen has started to buy up every mouse ear and supply is the dwindling:wink:

You mean there are still some out there? I am way off my game....I thought I had them all. :stuck_out_tongue:

Feb 12, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #1,836 of 6,436
Feb 12, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #1,837 of 6,436
You mean there are still some out there? I am way off my game....I thought I had them all. :stuck_out_tongue:

"Frankentubes" was so last week Bill, we are hording all known stocks of 6J5GT. I may have purchased the last $14/pair in existence, and they are in a safe deposit box...plugged into the one-hole of the Vali 2:ksc75smile::stuck_out_tongue:

Feb 12, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #1,838 of 6,436
"Frankentubes" was so last week Bill, we are hording all known stocks of 6J5GT. I may have purchased the last $14/pair in existence, and they are in a safe deposit box...plugged into the one-hole of the Vali 2:ksc75smile::stuck_out_tongue:

Frankentubes? Crap. I thought you were talking about Mouse Ears.

I already have all the Frankentubes. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back