Vacations/travels this year?
Aug 22, 2002 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
Not yet for me , but soon.I work a lot and it is difficult to string together enough time off to take a real vacation.When I do I try to get to some really nice places and see all the stuff that nobody ever gets to see.I am going to Jamaica again in a few weeks and whenever I stay for a while I visit Cuba.Cuba is a beautiful place and I am always treated like a king there.Prices are dirt cheap and the people seem happy to have guests.I am going to China in October.I have never been, but I am going with a few Chinese/American friends and my wife who have all been before.I am really looking forward to that.I have been to Las Vegas and NY this year for audio/electronics shows and to Indy and Wisconsin a few times for races.I went to NJ and Maine a few weeks ago for a single day each to straighten out some business problems and did'nt get to see much.My wife goes on those cruises with all her sorority sisters every year and does God-Knows-What but it gets her out of the house for a week.She and my kids are going to South Africa in November for five days for a wedding.I'm not welcomed there, so I'll hang back and enjoy the empty house.I have family in Jamaica and I have a dirt bike and some audio gear there that makes my stays more pleasant.My Grandfather, who lived there,died back in June so I'll miss seeing him in his John Deere hat,smoking his Bloodwood pipe.

So,where have you guys been?where are you going?What did you do?Who did you sleep with?I'll throw out some more details about China when the plans are all approved.post/link some pics if you feel generous.

Fred

Aug 22, 2002 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Well I am going to Seattle for a little over a week, leaving in less than a week. It is a chance to catch up with old friends and visit old haunts. Seems as though there are places like the Pike Place Market that draw me back every visit.

Places I have visited in no particular order that were outside the US: England -- London & Bath
Japan -- Tokoyo and Okinowa
France -- Paris, Marsailles, Nice
Monaco
Italy -- We drove from the Northwest corner down the Italian Riveara to Rome. Spent some time in Rome seeing the sites and the Vatican
Egypt -- Took a 10 day tour down the Nile from Cairo to the Aswan dam. Then flew further south to visit the ruins near Ethiopia.
Canada -- All the best Hockey rinks for youth Hockey
Mexico -- Mostly couple day trips over the weekend

Aug 23, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi Tuberoller! I am jealous you'll have chance to see China. It's definitely on the list of places I need to see. I'm with you on skipping S.A. I usually take a spring and fall golf vacation. This year I returned to the Robert Trent Jones trail in Alabama. Beautiful courses! Great services! I'm doing a little reunion with a couple of friends from high school in September - we'll do Atlanta a couple of days and then then head to Miami for a short cruise.

As for places I've been - well there's eleven states I haven't been in (incl Hawaii). So I've got to finish that off. As for overseas I've done a little.

Korea - twice(military) /a day in Hong Kong en route

France - Paris and Normandy (Le Mont St Michel is my favorite place on earth.

England: Bath, Salisbury, Birmingham, London, and a few others. I loved the cathedrals.

Scotland - Edinburg and St Andrews in Scotland. You know I had to golf at St. Andrews - it's special.

Mexico - Puerta Vallarta

I really need to get to the 'continent' in Europe - maybe next year. I want to do southern France. Well, I've gone on enough, I'll have to skip the sleeping with info.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back