V-Moda Zn or Forza Metallo ? :D
Jan 1, 2017 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

akdom

New Head-Fier
Hey!

I currently own the V-Moda M100 and I love them. Even though I'm not an extreme audiophile, I like to know I have good quality products.

I'm trying to find something more portable for my walks/outdoor listening moments and I cane across the Zn and the Forza Metallo.

Zn:
Driver: 8mm
Freqs: 2Hz - 25,000Hz

Forza:
Driver: 5.8mm
20Hz-40,000Hz

I enjoy good bass and nice high's. I love, for exemple, Luca Turilli with a wide variety of sounds, High notes and good bass, so the Forza would seems ok since it got a better range (40,000), but the drivers of the Zn are bigger and I know it's good. I'm confused to what I should buy.

I also like when my in-ear stay in place and are solid. I usually wear the wire inside of my shirt but I guess if static is an issue I can try wearing it outside.

I'm currently owning a Fiio X5 (1st gen) and I'm waiting for the 3rd gen to come out!

HeadFi have an amazing community so I know I cannot go wrong by asking you some advices! :D

Cheers
EDIT:
I found 1MORE Triple driver which in my price range at 150$ CAD. Would those be better? Audio-Technica good in-ear seems over my budget :frowning2:

Jan 2, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 20
Never heard the Forza but I've heard the Zn. The Zn is really bassy. Much too bassy for my personal preference. Everything sounds drowned out because of that, however if you EQ the bass down a bit they sound fantastic! Of course take my impression with a grain of salt as I really don't like a lot of bass and it's been a while since I've last heard em so my impression might be biased.

Jan 2, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 20
Im not sure, but I think that Forza and Forza Metallo are the same only the case is made of metal...
Forza (metallo) has 5.8 mm drivers and Zn 8mm
So Zn will have way more punch!
I haven't heard them, but I'm also at the same question right now

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #10 of 20
  @HexagonX I'll try the Zn, they look nice and they also in limited quantities, the forza metallo looks great too but they look more fitness oriented.

Hi,

I am having the same issue as you had, in present i own Vmoda M100 (which i love them) and Fiio X5 first gen, and i am currently searching "to find something more portable for my walks/outdoor" ~ i am 100% in your situation.
What have you done? Which headphones did you buy, and how satisfied are you of them?

Thx, 

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 20
Yo mate!

I bought me Zn two months ago or so.
I LOVE them! The bass is awesome and you here everything what you should here. Every detail is there. They are perfect!
Vmoda is #1 for design and sound. The cables are just beautiful and very strong.

Cheers

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #12 of 20
Im not sure, but I think that Forza and Forza Metallo are the same only the case is made of metal...
Forza (metallo) has 5.8 mm drivers and Zn 8mm
So Zn will have way more punch!
I haven't heard them, but I'm also at the same question right now

I know this is pretty late but bigger drivers for earphones do not mean more bass punch. I've had 6mm drivers off me big and clean bass than most IEMs with larger drivers.

Sennheiser's Axell Grell said that "larger drivers offer no advantage over smaller driver in regards to in ear headphones on his CNET interview.. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #14 of 20
I know this is pretty late but bigger drivers for earphones do not mean more bass punch. I've had 6mm drivers off me big and clean bass than most IEMs with larger drivers.

Sennheiser's Axell Grell said that "larger drivers offer no advantage over smaller driver in regards to in ear headphones on his CNET interview.. 

Based on what you said, should I get the Zn or the Forza Metallo? Do they differ in sound quality? I listen to mostly EDM. Hope you could help

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #15 of 20
Based on what you said, should I get the Zn or the Forza Metallo? Do they differ in sound quality? I listen to mostly EDM. Hope you could help

I've only tried the Zn and Forza (normal rather than Metallo), but for the bass quality and quantity and overall for EDM, I would have to say the Zn is your pick. I'm a big fan of V-MODA's customer service and their trade in program as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back