V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Nov 24, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #106 of 363
I like the zn but I'm finding the cable strain, if moved, produces breaks and clicks in music which cuts out. I'm fairly certain I'm within the two year warranty and maybe I just got a dud unit as I baby my iem collection that I keep with me at all times as the girlfriend steals them if I leave them unguarded lol. Any assistance?

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #107 of 363
I like the zn but I'm finding the cable strain, if moved, produces breaks and clicks in music which cuts out. I'm fairly certain I'm within the two year warranty and maybe I just got a dud unit as I baby my iem collection that I keep with me at all times as the girlfriend steals them if I leave them unguarded lol. Any assistance?

Find a new girlfriend? She's breaking your gear.

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #108 of 363
Nah she actually likes this hobby which is a winning quality all in its own right. She hasn't even touched these yet nor does she know about them. I've only listened to them a bit and just noticed the cord issue. First I thought it was my iPhone 6+ but I got it swapped at Apple and it's still producing it.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #109 of 363
Just received mine and have been putting them through their paces with different genres. So far they sound great with anything I throw at them. The bass has strong impact but never overshadows the midrange, in fact it falls nicely right in line with them. And the midrange is where they shine, nice and open. Highs are non-fatiguing. Tonally, these sound closer to the XS than to the M-100.

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #110 of 363
Hey folks, I write for AndroidGuys.com and reviewed the Zn:

http://www.androidguys.com/2015/11/25/v-moda-zn-in-ear-headphones-review-zinc-metal-shows-its-beauty-inside-and-out/

In short, I adore them. It's a powerhouse sound and the design is impeccable. Hope you like the review :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #111 of 363
  Just received mine and have been putting them through their paces with different genres. So far they sound great with anything I throw at them. The bass has strong impact but never overshadows the midrange, in fact it falls nicely right in line with them. And the midrange is where they shine, nice and open. Highs are non-fatiguing. Tonally, these sound closer to the XS than to the M-100.

Thanks for the first impressions.  That's disappointing to hear they share more similarities to the XS than the M100, as I much preferred the M100 to the XS.  Mine's with the couriers going to be delivered in the coming days, hopefully I like them and don't need to return them.

If they don't happen to be my cup of tea, I'll most likely return and grab the headphones (crossfade wireless or m100).

Hey folks, I write for AndroidGuys.com and reviewed the Zn:

http://www.androidguys.com/2015/11/25/v-moda-zn-in-ear-headphones-review-zinc-metal-shows-its-beauty-inside-and-out/

In short, I adore them. It's a powerhouse sound and the design is impeccable. Hope you like the review :)

Great review.  Thanks.   Seems like some diff impressions of these ZNs from each owner but I guess most agree it sounds exciting - can't wait to give them a good testing.

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #112 of 363
  Thanks for the first impressions.  That's disappointing to hear they share more similarities to the XS than the M100, as I much preferred the M100 to the XS.  Mine's with the couriers going to be delivered in the coming days, hopefully I like them and don't need to return them.
[snip]

I, like you, also prefer my M-100 to the XS (I love the last bit of sparkle on top even though to my ears the XS is a bit more balanced and more neutral across the frequency). But I think I prefer these to the XS too. The Zn seems to be pretty balanced like the XS but they also have a bit more energy and punch in the bass, without ever being sloppy or slow. The bass detail is great also. It sounds full-bodied and fast.

Will post some more impressions when I do some more listening.

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #113 of 363
Ok upon listening some more, I'm hooked on the bass extension and simultaneous impact. I would say the bass is closer to M-100 bass while the mids are reminiscent of the XS. The highs are there but not as sparkly as the M-100. The meat and potatoes of this IEM are the bass and mids, I am convinced. Good amount of clarity all-around also. These are just fun, got me toe-tapping. Vocals sound very fleshed out and natural.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #116 of 363
It's plastic. It's odd considering otherwise the earphone feels somewhat premium for the price point.

wow. i almost feel cheated because they posted a video about the Zn saying how they laser their metal headphones... especially paying $263 CAD for them!
Is the plastic solid feeling, like the XS? it really looked like the vibratos and vibe IIs were metal all around, and they were at a lower price point. I thought their aim was to minimize use of plastics. if it was possible in previous offerings, why not this one? Honestly must say that I am disappointed if there is no valid reason for the use of plastic. $10 chinese earbuds use all metal ***.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #117 of 363
wow. i almost feel cheated because they posted a video about the Zn saying how they laser their metal headphones... especially paying $263 CAD for them!
Is the plastic solid feeling, like the XS? it really looked like the vibratos and vibe IIs were metal all around, and they were at a lower price point. I thought their aim was to minimize use of plastics. if it was possible in previous offerings, why not this one? Honestly must say that I am disappointed if there is no valid reason for the use of plastic. $10 chinese earbuds use all metal ***.

Considering the use of a rare material, the price-to-performance ratio and cable quality I feel like I can excuse it.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #119 of 363
Considering the use of a rare material, the price-to-performance ratio and cable quality I feel like I can excuse it.

Only if your cable lasts.... Mine has a fault on the right side. Returning, not replacing. I was misguided by their rediculous claims of sound performance and build quality.

Luckily all I'm losing is return shipping. Should have bought from Amazon instead of direct.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #120 of 363
Only if your cable lasts.... Mine has a fault on the right side. Returning, not replacing. I was misguided by their rediculous claims of sound performance and build quality.

Luckily all I'm losing is return shipping. Should have bought from Amazon instead of direct.

Yup, no other headphone every has an issue.  Not even 1000 dollar iems.  It seems like you didn't really want to give them a fair shake for whatever reason.

Either way, toodles.  Enjoy whatever is next on your list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back