V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 363

V-MODA Unveils Limited Edition Zn,
Mobile and Active Headphones for the Modern Audiophile 

The first in-ear headphones released by V-MODA in four years capture the elements of music via high resolution audio

Milano – November IV, 2015 – V-MODA, the award-winning maker of the world’s finest high-fidelity audio devices, unleashes the all-new Zn in-ear headphones, offering unrivaled sound quality and unmatched durability in an elegant Italian design for the modern and mobile audiophile.

The limited edition Zn (zinc element symbol) has been tuned to exceed V-MODA’s relentless standards that has won over 24 editors’ choice awards on its previous two wired headphones. Zn is packed with luxurious yet impossibly durable materials designed to produce the best headphones in its class. 

Every Zn component is carefully selected and vigorously tested for the passion of audio. The core is the outstanding 8mm dynamic driver that boosts tonal accuracy with very low distortion.

V-MODA used a futuristic technology for Zn’s metal housing: a zinc alloy, casted by a patented process, which allows for unique shapes (versus ordinary circles) and microscopic precision necessary for consistent acoustic quality. Zinc has a unique hardness and resonance nature to deliver a balanced sound over other commonly used materials. The touch and feel is balanced to be both machine-like solid and lightweight sleek.

The acoustic filters, installed between the driver and the housing that control the airflow mechanics, are the gatekeepers of golden acoustics; these “made in Italy” filters are from a limited supply, making Zn even more unique as a design and performance stalwart.
The Zn is organically tuned to appeal to fans of all musical genres, especially modern audiophiles who want headphones engineered for their tastes.

“V-MODA’s Zn is versatile enough to be your everyday driver or runner,” says Val Kolton, V-MODA CEO “Audiophile headphones lack microphone or sport features while casual and sport headphones sacrifice sound. The new Zn are our most versatile and greatest audiophile-grade in-ear headphones. They were benchmarked to outperform models ranging from $300 to over $1000.” 

Trusted Sound, Unparalleled Comfort

The master crafted materials ensure the Zn will fit and serenade any pair of ears. Four ergonomic sizes of patented BLISS 3.0 (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) buds naturally block out background noise, isolating the audio to enable tighter bass for the best fit, stability and sound. The V-PORT airflow system mechanics has been finely optimized for a 3D soundstage and to bring out subtle sounds not heard through run-of-the-mill headphones.

The Zn increase the midrange to enhance clarity with lifelike vocals and resonating instruments that make music sound the way artists, instruments and sound engineers imagined. The 8mm dynamic driver is tuned to do this across any genre, thanks to a wide frequency band and impossibly low distortion (<0.5dB). The left and right drivers have also been “hand-picked”, like reserve fine wine, to complement the human hearing limit variance (+/- 2dB).

The DiamondBack™ cable is absolutely alluring and impossible to get into a tangled mess. Up to 20x stronger than the industry average, it’s reinforced with Kevlar to give it a serious edge. The 3-Button SpeakEasy™ Remote Mic for Apple iOS (or 1-Button SpeakEasy Remote Mic for Android) includes a high-sensitivity microphone for crystal-clear phone calls, plus controls to manage playback without touching a smartphone or music player. Play/pause, skip or go back a track with ease. Hold it down to command Siri, Google Now or Cortana and record voice memos or audio messages on the fly.

Universally Compatible

The SpeakEasy Remote Mic, available in both 3-Button or 1-Button models, work with virtually all smartphones, tablets, computers and audio players. Apple products, as well as Samsung devices and Amazon Kindles are fully compatible. Any devices running iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry or Kindle, plus Mac and Windows PC, can utilize the onboard mic. Perfect for anything from hands-free phone calls, gaming, Skype video chats and dictation.

The included remote for the 3-Button model has a wide range of Apple compatibility to also control the volume: iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod shuffle (3rd gen and newer), iPod touch (2nd gen and newer), iPod nano (4th gen and newer), 120GB iPod classic as well as MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac and Mac Pro (2009 and newer models).

Sport Versatility and Durability

The patented ActiveFlex™ sport earhooks are seamlessly integrated when listening to music during a long run or tough workout at the gym. The DiamondBack cable’s sturdy build adds to the feeling of confidence that the Zn can keep up and stay hooked onto you no matter what duty calls.

As is paramount for any V-MODA product, the Zn has been built to withstand the unexpected. Tested beyond military-level standards MIL-STD-105, V-MODA’s new in-ear headphones can bear extreme environmental conditions like high and low temperatures, humidity and UV exposure. The all-metal construction of the headphones and the y-connector provides a rugged feeling enhanced by the Kevlar-reinforced DiamondBack cable, presenting unmatched strength and durability (20x more than industry standard).

Availability & Pricing

The all-new V-MODA Zn with 3-Button SpeakEasy Remote Mic are available now at V-MODA.com/Zn with an MSRP of $180. The Zn with 1-Button SpeakEasy Remote Mic will be available soon.

Each Zn purchased from a verified reseller is backed by a 2-Year V-MODA premier warranty. In the unlikely event customers run over their headphones with a tank, with the V-MODA Immortal Life Program they can get 50% off a replacement for a lifetime. V-MODA is so confident the Zn are superior headphones, it even offers an unrivaled 60-Day test drive guarantee.

Zn Product Specifications
  1. Type – Bi-aural in-ear type monitor headphones with remote and mic
  2. Speaker Driver – 8mm dynamic-type
  3. Frequency Response - 2 - 25,000 Hz
  4. Sensitivity - 105 dB @ 1kHz 1mW
  5. Microphone Sensitivity - -42dB @ 1kHz
  6. Impedance - 16 Ω
  7. Cables: DiamondBack Kevlar-reinforced, 33" plug to y-connector, 13" even-length earphone cables
  8. Plug: 45 degree, 24k gold plated, 3.5mm stereo
  9. Weight – 20.8g

What's included with the Zn
  1. Zn
  2. Designed in Italy black carrying pouch
  3. 8 pairs of Bliss 3.0 fittings in XS, S, pre-installed M and L sizes
  4. 1 pair of ActiveFlex sport earhooks
  5. V-MODA Sticker
  6. Six-Star Service
  7. 60-Day test drive guarantee
  8. 2-Year premier warranty
  9. 50% Immortal Life Program Replacement

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 363
As previously mentioned, just for Head-Fiers, our 60-Day test drive guarantee will be extended to 180-Day for Zn!

@valkolton is currently flying but will join the thread very soon to answer your questions.

Cheers to Zn!

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 363
Sounds awesome so far - can't wait to get them.

Will the Volume Buttons also work with Android or are these iOS only? Will Zn be also available in Germany at this year ?

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 363
My order is in!  Very exciting
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 363
  Sounds awesome so far - can't wait to get them.

Will the Volume Buttons also work with Android or are these iOS only? Will Zn be also available in Germany at this year ?

Both models (3-Button and 1-Button) will work with Android. You can play/pause/pickup calls etc. Track skipping also works fine. The only missing feature is volume control.

They will be available in Germany very soon (within this Holiday Season). The European price will be €179,99

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #8 of 363
  Could I use Immortal Life on this?
I have a set of REVAMPs that I've been looking to replace for some time, but no V-MODA IEMS!

I just used the Immortal Life warranty on my pair of Vibe IIs this morning towards a pair of Zn's.  The easiest thing you can do is just call their customer service number and ask!

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 363

I just used the Immortal Life warranty on my pair of Vibe IIs this morning towards a pair of Zn's.  The easiest thing you can do is just call their customer service number and ask!

Cool!
Now I'm curious to see how much above it's weight the Zn can go.  I'll be elated if they compare favorably vs the Sennheiser IE 800 or some of JH Audio's stuff, but it wouldn't bug me if the comparison doesn't work out. I'm excited to get them!

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #11 of 363
As previously mentioned, just for Head-Fiers, our 60-Day test drive guarantee will be extended to 180-Day for Zn!

I just put my order in. How do we get the 180-day extension?

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #12 of 363
SpeakEasy™
BLISS 3.0
V-PORT
DiamondBack™
ActiveFlex™

I'm buzzing with all those buzz words
biggrin.gif

In all seriousness: these look great, and I can't wait to read some impressions.
Good stuff V-MODA
popcorn.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #14 of 363
Why is it Limited Edition? Just asking :). I placed my order as well. Excited to test these out as well! Can't wait!

Val talks about it on the other thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/737888/veni-vidi-vici-v-modas-new-iems-zn-formerly-alto-forza-crowdsourcing-reviews-discussions-thread

It has to do with material availability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back