V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Dec 14, 2013 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 972

Allucid

Caution: Incomplete trades.
Hi head-fi. After much speculation, I've found proof that the V-Moda XS has been leaked. There's only one photo, with the XS on Val's girlfriend.

The XS is like the M100, with foldable (cliqfold) hinges.

As said by others, the XS is a foldable M-80. You can see so here as the metal brackets have a groove 'v' on them.
New V-MODA product confirmed / leaked.
As you can see, the screws have been blurred out to mask the XS' cliqfold hinges. This can be proved to be true as the light on the headphones is not consistent and a gaussian blur is covering a specific spot.

Luckily I have a sharp set of eyes from being a graphic designer and noticed the cover up.

Photo is from V-Moda's facebook page. Enjoy.

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #2 of 972
Well we can only hope you're right. Although saying that I've only just got the M80 :L
I'm sure they'll release some details in the near future.

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 972
Well we can only hope you're right. Although saying that I've only just got the M80 :L
I'm sure they'll release some details in the near future.

You can always do a return. V-MODA are very good with that, even if it's out of the 2 month trial.

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 972
You can always do a return. V-MODA are very good with that, even if it's out of the 2 month trial.

Nah I'm fine with these. It took them 2 weeks to get here and the custom shields looks great, although the right shield is noticeably sharper than the left.

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 972
Hi head-fi. After much speculation, I've found proof that the V-Moda XS has been leaked. There's only one photo, with the XS on Val's girlfriend.

The XS is like the M100, with foldable (cliqfold) hinges.

As said by others, the XS is a foldable M-80. You can see so here as the metal brackets have a groove 'v' on them.
New V-MODA product confirmed / leaked.
As you can see, the screws have been blurred out to mask the XS' cliqfold hinges. This can be proved to be true as the light on the headphones is not consistent and a gaussian blur is covering a specific spot.

Luckily I have a sharp set of eyes from being a graphic designer and noticed the cover up.

Photo is from V-Moda's facebook page. Enjoy.

This was leaked a few weeks ago on the cover of the Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide. The text at the bottom right even confirms it.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #10 of 972
Subscribed! 
popcorn.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #12 of 972
Some more Googling also shows this:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bhphotovideo.com%2Fc%2Fbuy%2FHeadphones%2Findepthcategorytagspoint-shoot-cameras%2Fpage%2Fci%2F12572%2Fpn%2F20%2FN%2F4294201971%2F8%2FNtt

V-Moda
XS (Matte Black Metal) Headphone
B&H # VMXSBKMfr # XS-U-MBLACKM
New item, not available yet 
Expected availability: November 25 2013
You Pay: $199.99   Free Shipping (USA)

So it seems to have the same MSRP as the vanilla M-80s?

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #14 of 972
  lol basically its m80 w/ cliqfold hinges... am i the only one not really interested in how it looks & a lot more curious about how it SOUNDS?

Surely not. This is head-fi, after all. 
cool.gif
I, for one, am hopeful that it actually improves upon the M80 sound and doesn't simply repackage it in slightly more portable clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back