V-Moda Vibe II with Microphone
Nov 10, 2008 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

breseler

Head-Fier
I know there are a few V-Moda fans in these forums and have just spotted that iLounge have posted a First look on V-Moda's latest product - the Vibe II with Microphone.

V-Moda Vibe II With Microphone | iLounge

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 18
Gizmodos got a review out, they like em better than the first ones. Its not a very in depth review as you would see here on HF but its a review nonetheless.

gizmodo.com/5082519/v+moda-vibe-ii-headset-lightning-review-a-sequel-that-beats-the-original

(sorry if the links broken, just copy and paste it u lazy people
icon10.gif
)

Nov 29, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #6 of 18
hmm, interesting people think that my latest design doesn't look good, i think it does
smily_headphones1.gif
. here are some more pics... BTW - Vibe 2 is the only headphone made ENTIRELY out of real steel metal, not aluminum such as vibe 1. It is really insane to feel and hold, its like a brick and high-end watch-like yet even more ergonomic. and of course sound is improved, but yes it still has more bass than some of the other guys (because we are a dance music brand), but it does have less bass and more mid/hi clarity than V1.

Hope ya'll doing well, been working so much it's maddening on MANY new headphones lately that we can't wait to launch (and vibe 2 just did after 2 years!)... also making dance music and remixes now in my music career with some of the biggest music people in the industry all using and testing our new products! If you are in brazil this december, I'm on tour with Paul Oakenfold and Madonna DJing all dates and venues TBA soon - Pacha on December 19th is confirmed. And other gigs in vegas most likely in December with DJ Ti__
smily_headphones1.gif
. Lately we are really concentrating on making headphones for professionals, and all music lovers as we all are, so I hope you enjoy all our new gear out now and coming soon.

And I'm sure you can guess by me producing music, and DJing what some of our new products may be right?

cheers...

val kolton
ceo v-moda

v2_pair_nero_web.jpg

v2_pair_chrome_rouge_web.jpg

l_0f9cf1182fc94203b19917adfecd6a4a.jpg

l_608594caca87417a96ff5adc50fca12c.jpg

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, interesting people think that my latest design doesn't look good, i think it does
smily_headphones1.gif

Where do you live? In the UK I still think you can get eye tests for free, though you may have to pay for prescription glasses.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 18
that was funny actually, but I do have 20/20
smily_headphones1.gif

here is ANOTHER pic... can I see the industrial design of another headphone that looks better or more like a watch/jewelry on the market (or concept for that matter)??? I think it IS very progressive, however it will grow on you as it has many others already and once you see/hold it in person.

besides, EVEN if looks arent everybody's cup of tea - it's the sound that sells on head-fi, right!!!

vibe2_nero_tif.jpg

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #9 of 18
I think it is interesting and I am excited to note how our products are judged on design as well as function. Two years ago before v-moda nobody on any audio/electronic forum would be talking about industrial design/looks of headphones. Now 90 percent of these are about just that..........

And Vibe 1 was the inaugural iDesign article on iLounge, as well as won Japan's prestigious GOOD Design Award 2008 Japan.

Can't wait to make some more!

iLounge's first iDesign award

iDesign: The Art of V-Moda’s Vibe Earphones | iLounge Article

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that was funny actually, but I do have 20/20
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers ... glad you didn't take offence.

They're a little bit too "bling" for my tastes. I prefer something a little more sleek and minimalist looking (Denon AH-C511 for instance, or the original Vibe for that matter) but I'm sure there'll be a market for these.

I think it's more important that the build quality/cable issues are resolved though. I'm one of those people who had the original Vibes, and they only lasted a couple of months before the cable split next to the jack.

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #11 of 18
digivate - the Vibe 2 is VERY small and the nero model isnt too bling in person. It's VERY VERY minimalist but if you look at the details, it has an interesting shape. these pictures are blown up about 1000x the size of the product. In fact, most headphones have very little industrial design based on looks.

always working to improve on testing and making quality products, we've actually made many new changes with 45-degree plugs and thicker cables to improve durability. any problem hurts us worse than the consumer and I take every problem very personally and have our engineering team improve continuously and provide the best customer service.

best,

val

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #12 of 18
one last thing, really want people to check out what really matters, the improved sound experience! they are in Apple stores now (very low supply however), and available from v-moda.com and apple.com

unfortunately due to the unique manufacturing process they will be in very low quantities for some time.

May 4, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #13 of 18
Can anyone here comment on the durability of these headphones, specifically compared to the original Vibes and the Vibe Duo. Although the Vibes worked great for me, the Vibe Duo caused some major problems; I had to replace my initial pair a grand total of 4 TIMES, and I gave up when the last pair broke too. None of them suffered from excessive physical wear, one earbud would just give out after a few weeks to a few months.

I've been told that the new model has improved durability, but I'd like confirmation from someone who's owned these for an extended period of time.

Thank you in advance.

May 4, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #14 of 18
I'm not rough with my earphones, but these feel more durable and more strongly-cabled than the original Vibes. I've owned mine since it came out, more or less, and no problems at all. No cord failures, no earbud failures, just great sound. But, I do treat mine fairly gently.

Soundwise they are really a lot clearer and more satisfying all around than the original Vibes (which I also like a lot). I'm definitely a fan. However they are a little less sensitive than the original Vibes - volume setting's a little higher to get the same subjective volume (for me, anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back