V-Moda vibe duo vs maximo im-590
Jul 11, 2010 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mtrzrv3

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've finally decided between the vmoda vibe duos and the maximo im-590s. which one is the better of the two/are the maximos worth the price difference?

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 11
As great as the maximos may or may not sound, they are worthless, imo.  Both my cousin and I bought the maximos, and both of ours lost sound in one ear within a month.  My cousin even got his RMA'd, and the same thing happened to the second.  I just threw mine out and bought Westone 3's.  I'd have loved to return them, but I was just really busy at the time, unfortunately.

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
As great as the maximos may or may not sound, they are worthless, imo.  Both my cousin and I bought the maximos, and both of ours lost sound in one ear within a month.  My cousin even got his RMA'd, and the same thing happened to the second.  I just threw mine out and bought Westone 3's.  I'd have loved to return them, but I was just really busy at the time, unfortunately..

\

so you suggest going for the vmodas?
Quote:
I am 100% sure the maximos will sound better and are worth the extra cash.

could  you elaborate?

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 11
I have no experience with the vmodas... Just sharing my experience with the maximos.

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
If you search the forums, the vmodas aren't highly praised while the im590 have decent reputation.  You could look at some other phones.

oh okay cause i dont want to spend way too much (just looking for reliability kinda and good sound).. (under 50 would be awesome, 50-100 is fine if its really good..

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #8 of 11
Jul 12, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 11
I've had the Maximos for well over a year now and haven't had an issue. Granted, I don't use them every day, but as one of my regular test benchmarks I don't exactly baby them either. Don't know about the Vibe Duo but they definitely sound better than the Vibe II that I had a while ago.

But there's plenty of other great earphones in your price range if you don't want to risk the Maximos. Low-end westones are very overpriced to my ears but there's stuff like the Fischer Audio Eterna, ViSang R03, Hippo VB,  Soundmagic PL50, etc in the $50-100 range and lots of great in-ears in the <$50 range (Meelec M6, Brainwavz M2, ViSang R02, and so forth). It all depends on what you are after.

Jul 12, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #11 of 11
None of these models have been around long enough for us to know what happens to them in 2-3 years. If I had to pick one under $50 it would be the ViSang R02 simply because that design/housing has been around since dinosaurs roamed the earth and the twisted cable is tough a nails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back