V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,343

valkolton

Sponsor: V-MODA
NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.
 ​

Today I finally launched the groundbreaking VAMP VERZA and METALLO CASE collection. Below is the official press release.  

I have poured my heart, soul and unfathomable amount of $ into inventing, patenting and releasing the VAMP VERZA and METALLO docking mechanisms to finally get rid of the "rubber bands" of the Head-Fi community. Would a shotgun or DSLR camera use a rubber band?!  

My CFO said we were wrong to invest in this project vs guaranteed income products such as in-ears, but we wanted to create a project that showcases our PASSION for style, performance and advanced technology. I hope you are amped as much as I am to unveil this innovation to the world, your friends and head-fi community!

STAY TUNED FOR LOTS MORE INFO AND CROWDSOURCING THE IPHONE 5 CASE AND CABLES.

VICI.

V-MODA Invents VAMP VERZA and Metallo, the World’s First Hi-Fi Amplifier, DAC, Battery and Docking Metal Case for Samsung Galaxy S III, S IV, iPhone 5 

Mobile Hi-Fi system featuring groundbreaking VERZADOCK brings audiophile fidelity to Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and more

Milano – March 13, 2013 – V-MODA, designer of the award-winning, crowdsourced Crossfade M-100, announces its latest inventions, VAMP VERZA and Metallo case. Geared for the modern audio connoisseur, VERZA transforms your smartphone into a mobile hi-fi system. Designed in Italy and made in Japan, it builds off of the original VAMP for iPhone 4/4S featuring an integrated 150mW x 2 headphone amplifier, 2 DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converters) and a 2200mAh battery pack. VAMP VERZA also introduces the patent-pending VERZADOCK that seamlessly integrates with popular smartphone and tablets.

VAMP VERZA can be used as a standalone Hi-Fi USB Audio amplifier, or mobile audiophiles can dock it with the machined METALLO case built specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S III. Future cases for the Samsung Galaxy S IV, Note II and iPhone 5 will be available in the upcoming months. Metallo slides and locks onto VERZA’s high-performance audio engine with the VERZADOCK rail mechanism designed for optimal precision and tactility. The case can be used independently with the included back cover for times when portability is more important than function.

“Today's smartphones offer an array of robust features, but for the 'prosumer,' it leaves something to be desired. For example, photography enthusiasts still need a DSLR and several additional lenses. Comparably, for the avid audiophile, VAMP VERZA supplements the poor audio quality produced by smartphones and delivers the purest fidelity imaginable. We shrank the analog-age component spirit into a sleek, spy-like multifunction gadget that is portable enough to use anytime, anywhere,” states Val Kolton, Chief Visionary Officer at V-MODA. “When you combine VAMP VERZA, Metallo, M-100, and the new Samsung Galaxy S III/S IV, Note or iPhone 5, you achieve the ultimate technology trifecta that truly stands apart from the crowd.” 

Audiophile Sound & Anti-interference Technology
VAMP VERZA’s audiophile-grade dedicated DACs extracts pure digital output from your computer, Android, or iOS device via USB/micro-USB and converts it into analog form for the purest mobile audio listening experience. VERZA’s 150mW x 2 amplifier delivers enhanced power for higher end headphones and up to 7 hours of playback.  Low noise anti-interference is provided by Burr Brown, AKM DAC and a 6-layer PCB, features usually found only in hi-end digital players. These features isolate the components so your audio sounds more like the original recording with less resonance, radio interference and background noise. VAMP’s rotary volume knob allows you to finely control your volume and the hi/lo gain switch adjusts the output level.

Additionally, professional musicians can use the VAMP VERZA with their computer or portable device to audition, mix and master projects on the road trusting the sound is consistent from device to device. 

USB Battery Charger and Optical Output
The 2200 mAh lithium-ion battery can be used as a backup power source for virtually any USB powered device, and can double most smartphone’s battery life. Another unique feature is an optical audio output that allows you to connect VAMP VERZA to your A/V receiver, DJ mixer or aftermarket car stereo via Toslink or SPDIF optical audio, transforming your device into a Hi-Fi grade audio source.

Metallo Case
The new designer Metallo cases defend your smartphone and are forged from a single aluminum metal block similar to the design process of a MacBook. Each unit takes nearly an hour to machine the unique V-ANGLE design and finishes. The lightweight Metallo can be used independently of the VAMP VERZA as one of the back plates is designed for ultra-portable use. The second back plate, VERZADOCK, bolts onto the VAMP VERZA’s 4-bolt main so that you can slide and lock the phone onto VAMP VERZA. The precision is unique and even the sound when switching the plates or docking was tuned to emulate unsheathing a sword. When docked to VAMP VERZA, it locks safely into place with a sliding lock mechanism. To use your camera, simply pull the case out and up.

Metallo is available for pre-order for the Samsung Galaxy S III and will ship within two weeks.  Metallo for iPhone 5 will be available in limited quantities for crowd-sourced beta testing within two weeks. Metallo will also be made for the Samsung Galaxy S IV, Note II and select devices in the near future.

VAMP VERZA Features
•    Designed in Italy, Made in Japan
•    VERZADOCK Compatible (patent-pending)
•    Hi-Fi 150mW x 2 (USB Mode), 130mW x 2 (iOS Mode) amplifier
•    2200 mA/h battery with up to 7 hours of playback
•    Charges iPhone, iPod and USB devices
•    2 Dedicated DACs (USB/iOS)
•    6-Layer PCB for low noise, anti-interference
•    Rotary dial volume control/on-off switch
•    Variable Gain Switch
•    Optical Audio Output
•    3 Distinct Sound Enhancement Modes
o    Pure Audio
o    Bass Enhancer (iOS Mode Only)
o    3D (Optimized for Home and Car stereos)
•    Lightweight 190g

Metallo Case Features
•    Designer protection for your phone
•    V-ANGLE Lightweight Machined Metal
•    Interchangeable VERZADOCK Plate (patent-pending)
•    Sliding lock mechanism (patent-pending)
•    Compatible with Vamp VERZA AMP/DAC/Battery Pack

VAMP VERZA is priced at $598 and will be globally available in Matte Black, Shadow (Red and Brushed Black Metal) and White with Orange accents at V-MODA.com/VAMP and Amazon.com worldwide as well as Collette in Paris and AC Gears in NYC. Metallo case is priced at $101 and is available for pre-order at V-MODA.com/METALLO and will also be available at Collette and AC Gears. 

Current North America, Europe and Asia retailers: V-MODA.com/VERIFIED

High resolution images: http://VISION.V-MODA.com

More details and complete compatibility: V-MODA.com/VAMP

About V-MODA 
V-MODA is the true music lifestyle brand that is distinguished by its fashion-forward design, unparalleled quality, and unequivocal passion for music and materials. Led by Chief Visionary Officer and professional musician Val Kolton, V-MODA blends the analog age elements of music, Italian design and the charisma of classic Hollywood. Together with design extraordinaire Joseph Bucknall, the worldʼs most forward-thinking producers, musicians and DJs, V-MODA truly marches to the pulse of a different drum. For more information, please visit V-MODA.com, or follow us @VMODA on Twitter and Facebook.com/VMODA.

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 1,343
Check out the first video on Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/13/v-moda-vamp-versa-headphone-amp-dac-metallo-case/

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 1,343
Quote:
Check out the first video on Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/13/v-moda-vamp-versa-headphone-amp-dac-metallo-case/

Cool overview of the Verza.

Gizmodo also put up an article too :-

http://gizmodo.com/5990348/v+moda-vamp-verza-the-fanciest-audio-accessory-for-your-phone

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 1,343
This is exactly what the portable amplifier market needed- a solution to all the different devices that couldn't have been machined more perfectly. Now I just have to figure out how to get my hands on one...

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 1,343
Months for the Note 2 case!!? why????
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 1,343
Val:

First off, cool product. You want ideas. I'll gladly start.

I understand "no rubber bands" as a concept, but of course anything BUT rubber bands leads to a machined holder for the specific phone/player that means it's never universal.

What's janky are rubber bands around BOTH the amp and source. Why not build a Metallo attachment that has the bands built into it? At least then the bands won't wrap around the Verza too. Should look a lot cleaner while still being universal and secure. And there's nothing attached to the player. If the source is smaller in footprint than the Verza, the rest of the world most likely won't see the bands anyway.

You'll need some way to move the bands up or down in the attachment to accommodate different placements on the player, and then secure them so that they don't move.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 1,343
Quote:
I like this idea. I also would like it to be more versatile. I for one would like something for using with iPod classic as that can't be beat for memory

Quote:
Val:

First off, cool product. You want ideas. I'll gladly start.

I understand "no rubber bands" as a concept, but of course anything BUT rubber bands leads to a machined holder for the specific phone/player that means it's never universal.

What's janky are rubber bands around BOTH the amp and source. Why not build a Metallo attachment that has the bands built into it? At least then the bands won't wrap around the Verza too. Should look a lot cleaner while still being universal and secure. And there's nothing attached to the player. If the source is smaller in footprint than the Verza, the rest of the world most likely won't see the bands anyway.

You'll need some way to move the bands up or down in the attachment to accommodate different placements on the player, and then secure them so that they don't move.

Team, it still includes rubber bands for the iPod classic AND it includes the cable for it too!!!  THIS IS VERZA, AFTER ALL.  I've thought of everything, I cannot come out with everything YET.  But we have that feature covered and even have a special surprise product for iPod Classic users coming soon...

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #14 of 1,343
Subscribed!

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #15 of 1,343
Quote:

This can be used with iPod classic.  It comes with a 30-pin connector.  

I am fully aware of this I am talking in terms of case ideas. Something for the classic would be very cool! A case for multiple devices to connect is even cooler.

to val,

I use 3m dual lock personally, much more low profile and just as effective as bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back