V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
May 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #1,216 of 1,343
  Hi guys, I have a very simple question to ask you head-fiers today. Are the Vamp Verza worth it? It's a rather expensive piece of equipment for a budget wallet. Don't get me wrong, I would love one to use with my M-100 and XS but I don't know if I wanna drop 6 big ones on it. If someone can give me a pros and cons or the difference it makes for the m-100 with and without the camp verza that would be great. Thanks in advance!

After a few weeks with it, I can say that it has some good features, and a good sound, but there are probably better choices out there at this price point. I'm considering selling mine and getting a CEntrance M8. It has similar ipod docking capacities, but (1) can be charged while playing and (2) more power.

May 4, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,217 of 1,343
Though I haven't heard it with any V-Moda headphones, and I am aware it was tuned with their headphones so it should work very well regardless. And the V-moda headphones may not need the extra power of some competitors such as the M8.

May 5, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #1,218 of 1,343
  Though I haven't heard it with any V-Moda headphones, and I am aware it was tuned with their headphones so it should work very well regardless. And the V-moda headphones may not need the extra power of some competitors such as the M8.

I see, thanks for the info. I looked into the M8 thinking it was the cheaper option but well, I guess not haha. I like the Verza for it's portability and style also. It's very tempting to try, but in the end, as long as I'm a college student, I don't think I can throw that kind of money around.

May 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #1,219 of 1,343
  I see, thanks for the info. I looked into the M8 thinking it was the cheaper option but well, I guess not haha. I like the Verza for it's portability and style also. It's very tempting to try, but in the end, as long as I'm a college student, I don't think I can throw that kind of money around.

If you don't want to go all the way up to 600, just cut that in half and go with the C5D...$250 and sounds quite good with the V-MODA headphones (both my M100 and XS sound fantastic out of it).  Plus, it's half the size of the Verza, so it's more portable.  The Verza is great...I just don't want to carry it around in my pocket.

May 5, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #1,220 of 1,343

If you don't want to go all the way up to 600, just cut that in half and go with the C5D...$250 and sounds quite good with the V-MODA headphones (both my M100 and XS sound fantastic out of it).  Plus, it's half the size of the Verza, so it's more portable.  The Verza is great...I just don't want to carry it around in my pocket.

Thanks! I'll most likely try the C5D now that you mention the portability the big drop in price :) 

May 8, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #1,222 of 1,343
  Can anyone suggest a good player app for iPhone 5? Any images of voda verza coupled to iPhone 5 using mm5 case? ta

My review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/venturecraft-mm5-case-for-iphone-5/reviews/9532

Try BBE+ or the  new Westone BBE app.

May 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #1,225 of 1,343
  Thanks! Any idea what's the difference between the new Westone BBE app and the BBE SonicMax PRO? Is it the same, but settings added for Westone products?

Yes, they are pretty much identical except skin and profiles and maybe price.

May 9, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #1,226 of 1,343
EQ10 is another good one, but I like BBE+ more as it is more fun.

May 16, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #1,228 of 1,343
A few of queries, can anyone help?

(i) Hi .v. Lo gain, what will the differences in audio be?

(ii) How do I actually use/connect the vamp verza, with my macbook-pro, to play music through its speakers from iTunes, or other mac software? any videos?

(iii) Has anyone tried driving a Bose wave system's aux input, with the vamp verza?

thanks

May 16, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #1,229 of 1,343
  A few of queries, can anyone help?

(i) Hi .v. Lo gain, what will the differences in audio be?

(ii) How do I actually use/connect the vamp verza, with my macbook-pro, to play music through its speakers from iTunes, or other mac software? any videos?

(iii) Has anyone tried driving a Bose wave system's aux input, with the vamp verza?

thanks

(i) I believe that it's only a matter of power output. 80mw lo-gain and 130/150 mw hi-gain (idevice/usb DACs respectively). Different headphones have different impedance that will dictate the best gain option to use.

(ii) With my pc, I just plug the VV to the USB output and it automatically becomes the default sound port for music and movies. I didn't need to install anything or do any manual settings changes. I think it's the same with a Mac but I've never tried.

Can't help you with the 3rd question, but keep in mind that the VV doesn't have a true "line out". You can use the headphone out to connect the AUX but I don't know how the sound would be. In my opinion, it would work better with a system that has an optical audio port, as the VV has an optical out (same port as the headphones port). I use it to connect my ipod to my AV receiver, and it sounds really wonderful - miles better than when I connected my ipod directly to the AV receiver via the ipod's headphones port. I mean really, much much better - I actually didn't realise my AV can sound this good before the VV.

May 16, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #1,230 of 1,343

(i) I believe that it's only a matter of power output. 80mw lo-gain and 130/150 mw hi-gain (idevice/usb DACs respectively). Different headphones have different impedance that will dictate the best gain option to use.

(ii) With my pc, I just plug the VV to the USB output and it automatically becomes the default sound port for music and movies. I didn't need to install anything or do any manual settings changes. I think it's the same with a Mac but I've never tried.

Can't help you with the 3rd question, but keep in mind that the VV doesn't have a true "line out". You can use the headphone out to connect the AUX but I don't know how the sound would be. In my opinion, it would work better with a system that has an optical audio port, as the VV has an optical out (same port as the headphones port). I use it to connect my ipod to my AV receiver, and it sounds really wonderful - miles better than when I connected my ipod directly to the AV receiver via the ipod's headphones port. I mean really, much much better - I actually didn't realise my AV can sound this good before the VV.

Thank you very much indeed, brilliant!

On (i) I have headphones of around 30 ohms, any guidance on hi/lo?
On (ii) HELP! I'm not getting any joy, HOW do I know it's working? I connect up as per the QuiqCard .. microUSB to VV then USB to MacBook Pro USB input (toggle (1) USB DAC; toggle (2) iSYNC)? Any ideas. 
On (iii) Worked fine, I reckon I'll follow your advice, and try it with my surround sound system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back