V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC
Dec 16, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #556 of 710
Quote:
Damn, the godap on amazon japan has just severely gone down in price too.

e-earphone was having a ridiculous sale today on the Go-DAPs too. Wish I took a picture of the prices (can't remember now) but I'm tempted to say that they were under Y10,000.

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #558 of 710
Quote:
So if I buy Vamp for $200, what issues should I expect to have without a firmware upgrade?

I just purchased Vamp for $200 plus I had a 10% coupon, so the final cost was $180.  I would have preferred Verza, but this deal was too good to resist.  It looks like I will be holding onto my Iphone 4 for awhile.  Can't wait to try with my M-100.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #559 of 710
Quote:
So if I buy Vamp for $200, what issues should I expect to have without a firmware upgrade?

Nothing much.  Mine was hissing and the charge mode was on all the time so I sent it back for the update.  To be honest, the charging issue wasn't that big of a deal and it is totally worth it at $200 not to mention $180.  Have fun.

Dec 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #560 of 710
Quote:

e-earphone was having a ridiculous sale today on the Go-DAPs too. Wish I took a picture of the prices (can't remember now) but I'm tempted to say that they were under Y10,000.

Yeah, must be even cheaper for the second hand used ones, they had a whole slew of them last time I was there. Any VAMPs there?

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #561 of 710
$200?? Man, now I feel like a complete fool for buying the VAMP at $650. Who would've thought the price would drop like this? I mean, VAMP was released only half a year ago and the price is now less than 1/3? Plus the hum issue, and the automatic charging issue (related to iOS6, so I've heard) is really bugging me that I hardly use my VAMP these days. If both issues are taken care of for the $200 VAMPs being sold in the market, I would rather buy them new and just throw out my $650 VAMP instead...
mad.gif

One of the reasons I've bought the VAMP from V-MODA was because I could trust Val and V-MODA on their customer service, and most importantly, how they make customers feel special. I fell in love with V-MODA because of the way they dealt with M-80 and M-100 (both of which I own). However, for VAMP owners, I don't think V-MODA is doing any justice. And now that they'll be releasing the VAMP VERZA, my guess is that current VAMP owners, including faithful customers like me who actually bought it for $650, won't be getting anything out of it.

I do remember reading one of Val's posts several months ago that VAMP customers will have a special offer to upgrade to VAMP VERZA or something like that in the future, so people don't have to worry about spending money now. Well, with my iPhone 4S becoming somewhat outdated, I'm starting to get worried. Considering the significant drop in the price of VAMP, I hope V-MODA abides by their policy and somehow make up for our loss by offering upgrades to VAMP VERZA for VAMP owners at a small extra cost, or by one-to-one exchange. Otherwise current VAMP owners will be left feeling completely deserted.

Does Val have anything to say about this?

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #562 of 710
Quote:
$200?? Man, now I feel like a complete fool for buying the VAMP at $650. Who would've thought the price would drop like this? I mean, VAMP was released only half a year ago and the price is now less than 1/3? Plus the hum issue, and the automatic charging issue (related to iOS6, so I've heard) is really bugging me that I hardly use my VAMP these days. If both issues are taken care of for the $200 VAMPs being sold in the market, I would rather buy them new and just throw out my $650 VAMP instead...
mad.gif

One of the reasons I've bought the VAMP from V-MODA was because I could trust Val and V-MODA on their customer service, and most importantly, how they make customers feel special. I fell in love with V-MODA because of the way they dealt with M-80 and M-100 (both of which I own). However, for VAMP owners, I don't think V-MODA is doing any justice. And now that they'll be releasing the VAMP VERZA, my guess is that current VAMP owners, including faithful customers like me who actually bought it for $650, won't be getting anything out of it.

I do remember reading one of Val's posts several months ago that VAMP customers will have a special offer to upgrade to VAMP VERZA or something like that in the future, so people don't have to worry about spending money now. Well, with my iPhone 4S becoming somewhat outdated, I'm starting to get worried. Considering the significant drop in the price of VAMP, I hope V-MODA abides by their policy and somehow make up for our loss by offering upgrades to VAMP VERZA for VAMP owners at a small extra cost, or by one-to-one exchange. Otherwise current VAMP owners will be left feeling completely deserted.

I have been on your side of things as an early adopter myself.  While I always found Vamp intriguing, I never felt it was worth anywhere near $650, particularly since it was practically obsolete when it came out.  However, for $180, I couldn't resist.  I was planning on buying the E12 for probably around the same price and Vamp offers significantly more at that price point, particularly since my Iphone 4 meets my needs.  I would think Verza will hold its value better as it is universal and won't be viewed as dated technology due to exclusive compatiblility with Iphone 4/4S.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #564 of 710
Quote:
mad.gif

I am actually very temped to buy it again and just ignore the charging issue.  I really hope that V-moda tech support will be able to find and update my VAMP or it will be MIA and $600 out the window.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #567 of 710
Quote:
Question, will the amp be able to "hook" onto our portable devices or will it be like other amps and be left seperate only connected by a wire?

The Verza is a modded Go-DAP X, so rubber band?

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #570 of 710
Quote:
Quote:
Question, will the amp be able to "hook" onto our portable devices or will it be like other amps and be left seperate only connected by a wire?

The Verza is a modded Go-DAP X, so rubber band?

Wait, so you're saying the VERZA is essentially a re-branded Go-DAP X with some slight tweaks?
blink.gif

Now that I see the photos, they do look very similar in appearance....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back