V-MODA Unveils M-200 ANC, Its First Bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling Headphone
Jan 12, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #46 of 137
Looking closely, it looks like my order says 6-8 weeks. I could have sworn it said 5-6 but I guess it'll be a long wait after all. I didn't catch that detail until I was already pretty committed.

Mine says 6-8 too :/ We're all in that boat I guess :/

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #47 of 137
Post yesterday was probably a bit too long, apologies. He's a Tdlr of questions from the post. Would love to hear from you @AndrewY on any of these. :)

How many mics does the 200anc have for ANC and/or voice pickup for phone calls?

Can they be used in wired mode to listen to music while charging?

What button interface options are present? Specifically interested in skipping tracks, play/pause and volume control and if there's a physical button to trigger the assistant.

Do they have a head detection sensor to power off or go into low power mode when not on ear?

Are the ear cups the same as on the wired m200 such that they are interchangeable or are they different?

Bonus for me - do you know if there would be any way to retroactively use an immortal life coupon during the trial window? Presumably I could get a pair, try them during the trial period, send them back and if I liked them repurchase while applying the coupon, but that doesn't sound like a very considerate solution if there might be another option.

Reply updated, one Q added to the FAQs. Thanks for your patience! :D

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #48 of 137
M-200 ANC has a single microphone for communication.

Would it be possible to have some sort of microphone sound recording/demo uploaded? This headset will serve as my desk / pacing around house headset as a remote worker. I don't necessarily need an array of microphones, but all competing products have such.

Thanks for all the great Q/A so far, @AndrewY

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #49 of 137
Would it be possible to have some sort of microphone sound recording/demo uploaded? This headset will serve as my desk / pacing around house headset as a remote worker. I don't necessarily need an array of microphones, but all competing products have such.

Thanks for all the great Q/A so far, @AndrewY

Hey again Meringo, I'll certainly ask if we can put something like this out; But, I can't make any promises on this front, unfortunately.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #51 of 137
Looking at the manual and it seems it is just one mic which presumably handles both calling and anc. Maybe they have some incredible voodo software magic but considering the rest of the industry is using a microphone array I'm a bit concerned. Here's to hoping cause I really really want these to be good! 🍻

Maybe this manual is simplified for consumers but I'm a bit doubtful at this point.

Screenshot_20210113-104811.png

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #52 of 137
...the rest of the industry is using a microphone array I'm a bit concerned. Here's to hoping cause I really really want these to be good! 🍻

Maybe this manual is simplified for consumers but I'm a bit doubtful at this point.

Ugh... this issue is snowballing in my head. I'm kind of shocked by this, and also very worried as the microphone arrays on others aren't that great to begin with. I'm cool with just average ANC, if they sound good, but the microphone thing combined with the likely scenario of non-bose/sony/apple level of ANC have me second guessing everything due to the substantial price.

Keeping my order for now...

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #53 of 137
Looking at the manual and it seems it is just one mic which presumably handles both calling and anc. Maybe they have some incredible voodo software magic but considering the rest of the industry is using a microphone array I'm a bit concerned. Here's to hoping cause I really really want these to be good! 🍻

Not super promising. I feel like inward facing mics tend to also help with pressure from ANC systems too sometimes if done properly.

Edit: it has 4 mics, so no longer not super promising. Somewhat promising would be better.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #54 of 137
Yeah at this price point it it needs to be either the best in one or two areas or just great everywhere. I think it gets a default built quality win over everything but the ipod max. Presumably the audio quality will be to my taste so presumably it's at least a subjective area it can win.

I'm just not sure those two things justify the greater price compared with either the options from Bose or Sony, and that's assuming everything else holds up and is competitive. If the call quality and anc is inferior then it becomes an even harder ask.

Personally I need headphones built like a tank. I like v moda design/style and sound. I'm willing to pay a premium for a wireless headphone that delivers on that, but I'm not sure if these can justify quite the premium they've asking.

At the end of the day, the market will decide and again, I'm really hoping to be surprised!

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #55 of 137
Yeah at this price point it it needs to be either the best in one or two areas or just great everywhere. I think it gets a default built quality win over everything but the ipod max. Presumably the audio quality will be to my taste so presumably it's at least a subjective area it can win.

I'm just not sure those two things justify the greater price compared with either the options from Bose or Sony, and that's assuming everything else holds up and is competitive. If the call quality and anc is inferior then it becomes an even harder ask.

Personally I need headphones built like a tank. I like v moda design/style and sound. I'm willing to pay a premium for a wireless headphone that delivers on that, but I'm not sure if these can justify quite the premium they've asking.

At the end of the day, the market will decide and again, I'm really hoping to be surprised!

If it's anything like my M-100, I think it will match the AirPods Max in terms of build quality. Improve upon the APM in terms of sound quality with above average ANC (doesn't need to be class leading) and I think it'll be worth the money. We'll find out how it all works out though. It would be really cool if V-Moda created a BoomPro for their BT headphones consisting of just the microphone.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #56 of 137
If it's anything like my M-100, I think it will match the AirPods Max in terms of build quality. Improve upon the APM in terms of sound quality with above average ANC (doesn't need to be class leading) and I think it'll be worth the money. We'll find out how it all works out though. It would be really cool if V-Moda created a BoomPro for their BT headphones consisting of just the microphone.

That's definitely my hope! I didn't realize it's only $50 less than the airpod max and basically $150 more than Sony or bose, so imo it needs to be trading blows with the Airpods, and realistically should beat the Sony and Boes in most areas. Honestly if Apple didn't completely refuse to play nice with Android (it's bt headphones so like just write a basic app. It's not like an apple watch which requires deep system integration. Come on Apple!) v moda would have a really though time. Since the airpods don't work with Android, it does give V moda a pretty large market segment to play in and hopefully compete.

I've also been thinking the same thing about a wireless boom pro. I struggle to imagine that would pose much of a technical challenge and would be a truly massive advantage. Easy up sell too.

You can do a lot with a mic array but due to physics things it's hard to do in software what a larger well placed mic next to your mouth hole can accomplish. 😅

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #57 of 137
I've also been thinking the same thing about a wireless boom pro. I struggle to imagine that would pose much of a technical challenge and would be a truly massive advantage. Easy up sell too.

You can do a lot with a mic array but due to physics things it's hard to do in software what a larger well placed mic next to your mouth hole can accomplish. 😅

I don't mean to derail the thread but... oh my... imagine a tiny, affixable wireless (2.4ghz lossless dongle or BT) BoomPro/DAC with a 3.5mm output to headphones. Anyone wanna start a new company with me? lol Think tiny ES100 type thing with a boom arm!

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #58 of 137
I don't mean to derail the thread but... oh my... imagine a tiny, affixable wireless (2.4ghz lossless dongle or BT) BoomPro/DAC with a 3.5mm output to headphones. Anyone wanna start a new company with me? lol Think tiny ES100 type thing with a boom arm!
Dang, not a half bad idea. Like the ant mic or whatever it's called but actually a 2 way connection so it can play audio through the jack too. Not sure why this isn't a thing. 🤔🤔 Presumably battery life + weight + imperfect mounting options considering the first two?

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #59 of 137
Dang, not a half bad idea. Like the ant mic or whatever it's called but actually a 2 way connection so it can play audio through the jack too. Not sure why this isn't a thing. 🤔🤔 Presumably battery life + weight + imperfect mounting options considering the first two?

lol... just so happens V-Moda makes interchangeable plates for their headphones! They could easily make a plate that does as described, counter the (minimal) added weight on the other side and you got yourself the best "headset" on the market. They could even have the 3.5 interconnect match the length/aesthetic of the cables from headband to earcups. It would look seamless.

Can I come work for you, V-Moda?

Here's my blueprint.

20210113_131649.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #60 of 137

Heya, there is one microphone for communication and then four separate microphones that handle ANC. Apologies, I thought you were asking about microphones for communication.

Updated FAQ with this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back