V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Aug 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #106 of 1,269
Thanks Miceblue
The design of the last image is a Phoenix 

In my mind i imagine a Rock symbol , Winged symbol or something in that style
I though about getting the Fangtasia which is red and then either a Red or Black personalized shell (most probaly black)

I see what i do, Keep in my this will be fore the V80

Do you know if i Provide Vmoda with the Whitelogo on Black
Can they use a program and change the logo to Black on White ?
or is this something i have to do myself?

Aug 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #107 of 1,269
Quote:
Personally I like the last one, (an eagle?) the most and the second to last one second most. Keep in mind that although V-MODA has engraved grey before, I don't think V-MODA actually does it unless it's for a special case. It would be best to keep your design strictly black and white. On the other hand, Val has stated that grey is OK, so maybe you should contact V-MODA's support to be absolutely certain.

I'm not sure where you can find that design. However, upon doing a Google search of the name on that design, I came upon this guy's Facebook page. Maybe he's the creator? If so, you can try to contact him.
^ And this is exactly why Facebook scares me sometimes... :/

Yes, those are the matte-black shields.

Like I said above: Keep in mind that although V-MODA has engraved grey before, I don't think V-MODA actually does it unless it's for a special case. It would be best to keep your design strictly black and white. On the other hand, Val has stated that grey is OK, so maybe you should contact V-MODA's support to be absolutely certain.

Okay, thanks for the answer, but what color will grey become on the final product?

Aug 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #108 of 1,269
Quote:
Thanks Miceblue
The design of the last image is a Phoenix 

In my mind i imagine a Rock symbol , Winged symbol or something in that style
I though about getting the Fangtasia which is red and then either a Red or Black personalized shell (most probaly black)

I see what i do, Keep in my this will be fore the V80

Do you know if i Provide Vmoda with the Whitelogo on Black
Can they use a program and change the logo to Black on White ?
or is this something i have to do myself?

Usually providing the black/white logo yourself is better since it's less work for V-MODA, but they can convert an image to black/white for you if it's fairly simple.
Quote:
In most cases V-MODA can convert most logos and clip art with basic tracing methods at no additional charge. However, more complicated graphic artwork and photographs may require serious aesthetic modifications that will require your approval; and may also incur additional graphic design fees.

An easy way to get black/white tracings is to use Adobe Illustrator, which you can download the trial version to do here.

Quote:
Okay, thanks for the answer, but what color will grey become on the final product?

The engravings show up as a silvery white colour, so grey will just be a lighter shade I believe.

On the other hand...someone tried to submit artwork with grey recently and it didn't show up very well, if at all. :/

Aug 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #109 of 1,269
Quote:

Usually providing the black/white logo yourself is better since it's less work for V-MODA, but they can convert an image to black/white for you if it's fairly simple.

An easy way to get black/white tracings is to use Adobe Illustrator, which you can download the trial version to do here.

The engravings show up as a silvery white colour, so grey will just be a lighter shade I believe.

On the other hand...someone tried to submit artwork with grey recently and it didn't show up very well, if at all. :/

Thanks for your quick and good responses. 
I wouldn't expect a better result than that on a shiny silver plate? 
Well, then I know that it's at least doable and that it's possible to make it look nice if I just make it easy on the grey. :)
Can I tell them to NOT invert the color or is that hard? 
Will they want the white background and black silhouette?
And do u know the absolute minimum ppi/dpi?

Aug 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #110 of 1,269
Quote:
Thanks for your quick and good responses. 
I wouldn't expect a better result than that on a shiny silver plate? 
Well, then I know that it's at least doable and that it's possible to make it look nice if I just make it easy on the grey. :)
Can I tell them to NOT invert the color or is that hard? 
Will they want the white background and black silhouette?
And do u know the absolute minimum ppi/dpi?

I don't think you can get custom artwork on a silver/chrome plate since the engraving is silver in itself.

What do you mean by invert the image's colour? They will engrave the black/grey parts onto the shield, which shows up as silver/light silver on the final product.

The minimum PPI/DPI is 300.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #111 of 1,269
Hey all, 

I'm designing myself some shields for my pre-ordered VTF-100s, and Im wondering if I should use the LP/LP2 template for their design, or if I should just make a generic 5 in by 5 inch design. 

Does anyone know what size exactly would be best for me to create my design in?

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #112 of 1,269
Quote:
Hey all, 

I'm designing myself some shields for my pre-ordered VTF-100s, and Im wondering if I should use the LP/LP2 template for their design, or if I should just make a generic 5 in by 5 inch design. 

I'm wondering this too, because 300ppi isn't a problem if I can use like, 600x600 pixels for the design.

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #113 of 1,269
Aug 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #114 of 1,269
Quote:
https://v-moda.com/crossfade-customs-logo-requirements/

Use the LP/LP2 template and put your design in the layer labeled "YOUR ARTWORK ON THIS", as long as you keep it within the green lines, your design will be fine.

I am designing these for the VTF-100's though, the pre-released version of the M-100s, which are a different headphone than the LPs. I'm assuming that they're both going to be the same shape and size though, in terms of shield size.

Aug 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #115 of 1,269
Quote:
Hey all, 

Quote:
I'm wondering this too, because 300ppi isn't a problem if I can use like, 600x600 pixels for the design.

The LP/LP2 template is the same for the VTF/M-100 since it uses the same shield size. If you make your own design without using the template, my guess would be that V-MODA is just going to scale it and put it in the center of the shield. In terms of pixel size, I have no idea what a good size would be.

My advice would be to use the template to make sure everything is exactly how you want it to look in the final product.

Aug 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #116 of 1,269
Quote:

The LP/LP2 template is the same for the VTF/M-100 since it uses the same shield size. If you make your own design without using the template, my guess would be that V-MODA is just going to scale it and put it in the center of the shield. In terms of pixel size, I have no idea what a good size would be.

My advice would be to use the template to make sure everything is exactly how you want it to look in the final product.

IIRC in the case that they need to scale it up, they have an artist come in to redraw it and make it a vector.

But I think you'd be best off just using the template, yeah

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #117 of 1,269
I'm done, thanks to everyone who helped. :) 
By the way, support@v-moda.com is the right address to send the design to right? 
(Yes, I've included my ordernumber.)

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #119 of 1,269
Hey all,

So I've spent two days making a design on Illustrator and it's finally nearing completion, but I'm worried that it might contain too many fine details to get lasered on properly. Do you guys think it'll turn out fine, or no?

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #120 of 1,269
Quote:
Hey all,

So I've spent two days making a design on Illustrator and it's finally nearing completion, but I'm worried that it might contain too many fine details to get lasered on properly. Do you guys think it'll turn out fine, or no?

Yeah I think the fine details in the trees are a bit too small, especially in the "shield" part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back