V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Oct 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #181 of 1,269
And here are the replacement shields I got, after not being 100% happy with the ones I got before!

I must say they turned out quite a bit better this time around.  I wouldn't say they're 100% perfect - and for some reason I noticed that one side was off-white and the other was a more natural white?  At any rate, the lines are smooth and it's pretty crisp!  I find that near the edges of the shields it starts to get a little less defined, but it's not enough for me to demand another replacement, I felt that I was being a bit picky even the first time. :p

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with these now!

(and yes, that is a raichu)

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #182 of 1,269
Quote:
And here are the replacement shields I got, after not being 100% happy with the ones I got before!

I must say they turned out quite a bit better this time around.  I wouldn't say they're 100% perfect - and for some reason I noticed that one side was off-white and the other was a more natural white?  At any rate, the lines are smooth and it's pretty crisp!  I find that near the edges of the shields it starts to get a little less defined, but it's not enough for me to demand another replacement, I felt that I was being a bit picky even the first time. :p

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with these now!

(and yes, that is a raichu)

Now that looks real nice. I never knew they could get a print so detailed like that.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #184 of 1,269
Quote:
The first time was actually all jaggy and not very nice, but then I made a vector version of the art and sent that in, and it turned out like this!

I'm starting to wonder if I could maybe find a better tribal cross with a little more flare for my shields now

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #185 of 1,269
Looking back at it, I would love something simple like this on my shields - rather than my current design. Thing is, with the cost of shipping and such, I'm not sure it would be worth it...

Possible Design (Simple)

Current Design (Detailed)

Which do you think would be better? Simple? (Cracked Star) Or Detailed? (Vocaloid Producer + Signature) This would be on white M-100's with matte black shields.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #186 of 1,269

Quote:
Looking back at it, I would love something simple like this on my shields - rather than my current design. Thing is, with the cost of shipping and such, I'm not sure it would be worth it...

Which do you think would be better? Simple? (Cracked Star) Or Detailed? (Vocaloid Producer + Signature) This would be on white M-100's with matte black shields.

I kinda like a mix of simple and nonsimple depending on how it complements the shield (or at least hope it does, lol). I suppose on a smaller canvas it works well to keep it simple but hey, it's personalized to your own tastes.

Back in July I gambled and said, hey, I'll probably end up using the M-100's regardless because I preordered them, and the M-80's are pretty good, so I *kinda* got a few extra shields.

(second shot where you can see the purple shield design a teensy bit better)

Edit: Good shield pics

L

Zelda

Hunpo (I wear hun on the right which is why it's arranged like this)

Purple (Phuc luc tho and my favorite things. One thing to note is any picture I take doesn't really capture the right color of purple it is. Instead it comes out strikingly similar to the shade on the v-moda website which isn't truly representative of the shade. I love the actual shade much more)

Gold is obvious. Zelda. Has to be gold!

The one I have equipped right now is L, because it's death note, come on! Although L is also for my last name (shoulda done one with R to differentiate the sides and compliment my first name too... but oh well). Gunmetal and Gold also work well together like gold and silver! So it has my two hobbies, manga and video games!

Black is the one that came with my M-100's. For black I went with the top one being Hun and the bottom symbol being po. The bottom with Po (the soul that stays with the body death) has the vitruvian man (kinda stick-ish figure) behind it to symbolize how kinda jumbled life is compared to the Hun side (the soul that leaves the body after death) which is simple and is wrapped around a Zen Enso. Also black and white for that sort of duality.

Purple! my favorite color, so let's lop all my favorite things on one side. A lotus, a daoist bagua, and clouds! The other side features a sign I have in my house that says "Phuc Luc Tho" and some other sayings that I put on there but wasn't too critical about showing up (looks calligraphy enough anyway, and it came out pretty good!). Key thing is that it's Vietnamese, means happiness, prosperity, and longevity (basically just good luck in general), and both sides represent me the most out of all the shields in one impact. (also gold/yellow and purple are great together if I really wanted to pair them)

So yes, combo of simple or not depending on what I want and how it complements the overall scheme of things. Obviously I don't think anyone'd go nearly as crazy as me, but that's my two cents.

Edit: The pics didn't come out great. I'll get better ones soon enough. Also, I could just be that I'm wearing down the screws, but every time I take out the screws and put them back in, it becomes easier. Weird, and changing them up is still just a weekly thing, but hey, whatever works.

Edit2: Right, so post is updated with pics.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #189 of 1,269
Quote:

War: Zhan
Peace: He (think "her" without the "r")

Thanks, those are nice looking symbols.someone with decent photoshop skills could probably make some nice shields with those

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #193 of 1,269
Decided I was going to buy myself some a pair of Limited Edition Matte Black LP2s when I get my card. Started getting into the idea of having some custom artwork on the matte black shields and found and image on google. I had to play with it to make the lines solid and complete after I made it black and white. Here is the image I reworked for my shields, tell me what you think.

x26v0n.jpg

I have been emailing David from the v-moda customer support and he has told me that the machines will be able to handle the shadows and the small details like the spiders and barbed wire, so Im hoping for the best when I order.

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #194 of 1,269
Quote:
Decided I was going to buy myself some a pair of Limited Edition Matte Black LP2s when I get my card. Started getting into the idea of having some custom artwork on the matte black shields and found and image on google. I had to play with it to make the lines solid and complete after I made it black and white. Here is the image I reworked for my shields, tell me what you think.

x26v0n.jpg

I have been emailing David from the v-moda customer support and he has told me that the machines will be able to handle the shadows and the small details like the spiders and barbed wire, so Im hoping for the best when I order.

I'm just worried that might not be a high enough resolution - you should make sure that when they do it, it doesn't end up all jaggy and low-res.

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #195 of 1,269
David told me it should be fine when they down size the image, since it is actually much larger than they need it to be to fit on the shields. He also told me they would contact me if they had issues, as well as I have the option to request new shields should these turn out bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back