V-Moda M100 Broken Wing Plate
Aug 27, 2015 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

arpus

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, so I noticed a gap between the wing plate on my m100s. I can see the screws, because the plastic part is broken, where the screws go in. I have read a lot of people had issues with over tightened screws. I still have warranty on them, but I don't really want to send them to v-moda with such a problem if there are after market parts that I can buy to fix this problem.

I know you can buy the shields plus the wing plates, but it looks like it you only get the wing face plates, not the entire front and back to fix the problem.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2u7x2d1.jpg

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 7
To be honest I would just send it back. I had some V-Moda's for a while and their service department is pretty great. The worst thing you can do to yourself is fix it and be forever paranoid of re-breaking it.

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 7
I was just hoping there was an after market parts kit, the replacing would be easy. Anyways, approx how long do you think I should expect to wait before I get my headphones back once I shipped them?

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 7
  I was just hoping there was an after market parts kit, the replacing would be easy. Anyways, approx how long do you think I should expect to wait before I get my headphones back once I shipped them?

For me I sent them off on a thursday. Got replacements back on a tuesday 3 weeks later.

EDIT: Mine had to be tested before they replaced it, I'm guessing yours will be a quick swap since it has visual damage.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 7
Dayum. Well you'd be surprised. I've seen people in Ontario utilize an EVGA RMA pretty quickly and they are around the same locale as V-moda. Either way it would suck to be without the cans if that is your daily driver.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 7
  Dayum. Well you'd be surprised. I've seen people in Ontario utilize an EVGA RMA pretty quickly and they are around the same locale as V-moda. Either way it would suck to be without the cans if that is your daily driver.

Yea these are the only pair of headphones I have, as a backup and what I use at work is Klipsch S4i ear buds... they are ok, but not for a long term use. Either way I have exactly 1 year left as of today on my 2 year warranty, I'll probably just send them and get them fixed. I'll update this thread on how long it takes, thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back