V-Moda M-80 Alternative?
Jan 12, 2013 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

iamloco724

100+ Head-Fier
so i just got these in the mail..they sound great i have no complaints on the sound or the looks my problem is they fit good but they clamp down really tight and i dont know if i could get use to that tight clamp

so i would love to be able to find a pair of headphones that sound like these like almost exactly like them if at all possible but are more comfortable

any ideas?

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 9
V-Modas headphones are made with a steel-flex type material in he headband, thus enabling you to bend it far past the limits of normal plastic. If they are clamping down to far pull the cups apart and really stretch out the metal and that should loosen them up. If that doesnt work either keep doing it until it does, or put the headphones on something like a soccer ball or something like that when you are not using them and allow them to break in. Much like a new pair of shoes they will not be comfortable right away and they need to be worn in, dont let them win!

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 9
i will try but i cant wait too long just cause i want to be able to return them if i cant get comfortable with them you know?

i did try stretching them by a hand a bit earlier didnt feel much better right now i have it stretch almost fully accross a chair..how long you think i shuld leave them like this to notice a difference?

so still wouldnt mind alternatives just in case

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 9
Monster DNA...a fantastic, and significantly more comfortable alternative.  And yes, they sound significantly better than the Beats Solo HDs...so don't be put off by the Monster name.  They made a great headphone.  Check the DNA thread for more info.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626279/new-monster-dna-headphones

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 9
Its steel so it may take some time to stretch out, maybe a day or 2. V-Modas return policy is 60 days, so you have that long to return them, 3 months, by that time they should have adapted.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #6 of 9
Its steel so it may take some time to stretch out, maybe a day or 2. V-Modas return policy is 60 days, so you have that long to return them, 3 months, by that time they should have adapted.

so I should leave them stretching constantly for a day or 2? I also I got them through Amazon not direct

Jan 13, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 9
As long as they were fulfilled by Amazon and you keep the invoice then V-Moda will honor the warranty 

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #9 of 9
I believe they re-credit the card you used to make the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back