V-MODA M-200: Official Impressions & Reviews Thread
Aug 23, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #31 of 153
Just had a out of the box listen to the M200's with the 4.4mm cable out of my M11 Pro and I'm happy with the results, nice and detailed with a good amount of bass. As some reviews have said it's not a basshead headphone ( I have the masters for that ) but in my opinion it's a bassheads refined headphone, put EDM and Rock with a lot of bass and drum parts and it delivers the bass in spades but listen to say Pink Floyd ( Meddle Album one of these days or Echoes) and the bass is still deep and punchy but the vocals are nice and clear. Was sceptical after reading reviews on the 200's but the only way to find out if they are for you is to listen and decide for yourself. I'm at a stage in my listening life where I've been through the £2000 + headphones and in ears looking for that end game set up but my pocket will tell you it doesn't exist. I found analysing every note and nuance is time wasted on enjoying the music, most of us know if it sounds good or not just by playing a various tracklist selection. My in ears at the moment are the Campfire Atlas and the Shouer Conductors, a totally different pair and the 200's fit nicely in the middle soundwise with the masters a close second in the fun listening sector. This is only my personal opinion and recommend you try for yourself, we all get something different from different headphones hence the shear amount of choice nowadays. Once the 200's have had 100 hours burn I'll add a bit more if the sound validates it

We're so glad you enjoyed the M-200s and thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Cool promo. I love my M-100, I've had it for 5+ years and wasn't thinking of changing, but this promo might be a sign for a change.

If you want to pick up a pair the promo runs through the end of the month :) If you customize them as well when you're adding them, the discount applies there too!

(It won't if you add the shield kit separately though, just as a heads up!)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #33 of 153
Urgh, I’d like to take advantage of this deal, but I don’t really want to trade in any of my V-Moda headphones.

I totally understand -- I've found it very hard to part with any of my previous V-MODA cans. So, whenever new ones come out I end up giving the older gens to family or friends so they can experience them :) I know they're going to good people!

If you still want to pick up a pair, the 20% off is good through the rest of the month using the code on the page here! https://www.v-moda.com/us/en/head-fi

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #34 of 153
Just had a out of the box listen to the M200's with the 4.4mm cable out of my M11 Pro and I'm happy with the results, nice and detailed with a good amount of bass. As some reviews have said it's not a basshead headphone ( I have the masters for that ) but in my opinion it's a bassheads refined headphone, put EDM and Rock with a lot of bass and drum parts and it delivers the bass in spades but listen to say Pink Floyd ( Meddle Album one of these days or Echoes) and the bass is still deep and punchy but the vocals are nice and clear. Was sceptical after reading reviews on the 200's but the only way to find out if they are for you is to listen and decide for yourself. I'm at a stage in my listening life where I've been through the £2000 + headphones and in ears looking for that end game set up but my pocket will tell you it doesn't exist. I found analysing every note and nuance is time wasted on enjoying the music, most of us know if it sounds good or not just by playing a various tracklist selection. My in ears at the moment are the Campfire Atlas and the Shouer Conductors, a totally different pair and the 200's fit nicely in the middle soundwise with the masters a close second in the fun listening sector. This is only my personal opinion and recommend you try for yourself, we all get something different from different headphones hence the shear amount of choice nowadays. Once the 200's have had 100 hours burn I'll add a bit more if the sound validates it
Well this does sound promising, as I was hoping for an M100 with a bit less bass quantity. I liked the M100 because it was refined, fun and fast, but the bass became overwhelming. Count me interested!

Aug 26, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #35 of 153
Well this does sound promising, as I was hoping for an M100 with a bit less bass quantity. I liked the M100 because it was refined, fun and fast, but the bass became overwhelming. Count me interested!
The bass is still there when it needs to be but controlled well, it's a nicely refined set of headphones that scales well I don't think you'd be disappointed with what Vmoda have achieved with this set. I usually mod my headphones to suit my tastes but this time there is no need and it's early on in the burn in stage (30 hours ) paired with my Fiio M11 Pro on balanced really is a excellent listen and definitely a keeper and I don't say that very often.

Aug 26, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #36 of 153
Apex Legends, CSGO, Valorant, sorry but I couldn't get in to Warzone (just not my jam!). Also Discord chats are pretty much the norm for me when I'm gaming nowadays!

I'll be definitely add the M200's to the list as I can source it local from the Musio store near me!

What's up with the driver in the M200, supposedly material source from Japan? CCA driver?

Sorry I took a bit longer to get back to you on this. The CCAW voice coils are Japanese, yes! :)

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #37 of 153
If you want to pick up a pair the promo runs through the end of the month :) If you customize them as well when you're adding them, the discount applies there too!

Please give us a coupon for another 6 months! I'm stuck away from home and can't get a flight back.

Sep 1, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #38 of 153

If you can't see the embedded video above, please click here.

A Flat-Sounding V-MODA? A Conversation With V-MODA and Roland

Yoshi Shibata and Luca Bolognesi of V-MODA and Roland joined us Head-Fi TV to discuss V-MODA's two latest headphones -- the M-200 and M-100 Master. Learn about V-MODA and Roland's first full headphone development together (the M-200), and the future of V-MODA within the Roland organization.

A Flat-Sounding V-MODA? A Conversation With V-MODA and Roland - Produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

Sep 1, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #39 of 153
Thank you @jude I will be watching this one when I get 20 uninterrupted minutes. Thanks for running a great headphone site!

Sep 1, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #41 of 153
There is no more v-moda. Given they are flat and Japanese now, the new brand should be Flat-Mada!

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #42 of 153
Design is overdue a change up and it is impossible to pad roll.

I bought the wireless Crossfade for my wife and it is very well built and sounds good but she wanted plusher pads.

Take the philosophy and ethos and make a bigger full sized over ear headphone.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #43 of 153
UPDATE: The special M-200 sale for Head-Fiers has been extended to Sunday, September 6th at 11:59 PM PST!

You can learn more about how to take advantage of this Head-Fi exclusive offer HERE

There is no more v-moda. Given they are flat and Japanese now, the new brand should be Flat-Mada!

The M-200s were built to compliment the M-100 Master rather than to replace them. The M-100 Master have the V-MODA sound signature that everyone knows and loves with the distinct bump to the bass, these were built with the DJ and performance in mind whereas the M-200 were designed with a more high-resolution (and yes, flatter) sound in mind for production. :) They are two tools designed with two different jobs in mind that are all a part of the DJ producer ecosystem.

Design is overdue a change up and it is impossible to pad roll.

I bought the wireless Crossfade for my wife and it is very well built and sounds good but she wanted plusher pads.

Take the philosophy and ethos and make a bigger full sized over ear headphone.

We definitely took this to heart with the M-200s! For longer sessions comfort is paramount so the ear cups and memory foam cushions are larger right out of the box and the cushions are coated in 100% PU leather for better sweat resistance. :beerchug: We appreciate your feedback as always!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #44 of 153
@AndrewY is it possible to send in more than one headphone in the same package as part of the Immortal Life Program? I’m considering upgrading my entire V-Moda collection.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #45 of 153

Have you heard them? I have not but I would like to.

Roland is a pro-audio company that has been around for a long time. They make seriously good stuff. I would have no hesitation buying a V-Moda / Roland coop project. For me this info just makes it more interesting.

UPDATE: The special M-200 sale for Head-Fiers has been extended to Sunday, September 6th at 11:59 PM PST!

You can learn more about how to take advantage of this Head-Fi exclusive offer HERE

Thanks. Personally I'm gonna need a couple more months until I can get home.

cushions are coated in 100% PU leather for better sweat resistance.

Is that like 100% vinyl? Seriously, PU is like it sounds. No reason to get excited about it :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back