V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Dec 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #856 of 925
Quote:
I will, as soon as I received them.
wink_face.gif

Indeed, Val was on a business trip and he arrived to the US just recently. I ordered the signed shields the 11 of this month but the order was put on hold because he was absent. However, yesterday my signed shields were shipped.
biggrin.gif

sweet, looking forward to seeing it

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #861 of 925
Two months after RMAF and I'm still using and enjoying the M-100.  I'd post in the other thread but I can't keep up with the volume of new posts!

Agreed with ya on both topics. Whatever you post there simply gets lost.

These past few weeks I've seriously contemplated buying the Signature DJ as audiophile earmuffs, however I feel my M-100 to be satisfying enough sonically yet practical since they have a lower profile & smaller when collapse. And they've been keeping my ears warm on these cold winter days in Tokyo.

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #862 of 925
Quote:
Two months after RMAF and I'm still using and enjoying the M-100.  I'd post in the other thread but I can't keep up with the volume of new posts!

Quote:
Agreed with ya on both topics. Whatever you post there simply gets lost.
These past few weeks I've seriously contemplated buying the Signature DJ as audiophile earmuffs, however I feel my M-100 to be satisfying enough sonically yet practical since they have a lower profile & smaller when collapse. And they've been keeping my ears warm on these cold winter days in Tokyo.

Glad to hear both of your experienced feedback on the M-100 as I am really enjoying them yet have this nagging feeling there is always something better out there like the Sig DJ.  I just purchased VAMP and it really brings M-100 mids forward with a noticeable improvement in resolution and detail, so I would say the M-100 continues to impress me even after owning for two months.  It also sounds like they hold their own against more expensive closed headphones like the Sig DJ.

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #863 of 925
Quote:
 I just purchased VAMP and it really brings M-100 mids forward with a noticeable improvement in resolution and detail, so I would say the M-100 continues to impress me even after owning for two months.  It also sounds like they hold their own against more expensive closed headphones like the Sig DJ.

Wouldn't the purchase of the VAMP along with the purchase of the M-100's bring it near the price of the DJ either way?

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #865 of 925
I've been enjoying mine for about a week now. Was skeptical at first cause I kept reading about a recessed mid-range but luckily in reality it's actually not that bad (to my ears at least). And it's sound signature is significantly different enough from my other cans to warrant keeping. However, it does clamp really tight on my head so I can't take more than hour or so before I need to remove them for a bit.

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #866 of 925
I've been enjoying mine for about a week now. Was skeptical at first cause I kept reading about a recessed mid-range but luckily in reality it's actually not that bad (to my ears at least). And it's sound signature is significantly different enough from my other cans to warrant keeping. However, it does clamp really tight on my head so I can't take more than hour or so before I need to remove them for a bit.

Bend the headband flat a bit to reduce the clamping force...also you could do the paper towel mod which apparently helps with comfort!

I too love the mids of the M100, so good for a can with this much bass!

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #868 of 925
Quote:
How much burn in do these guys require?

I did not find any noticeable sonic changes with burn-in and have owned for over two months.  I thought they sounded great out of the box and my opinion hasn't changed.  I think my ears may have adjusted over time where, at first, I thought they might be bright and now would be okay if the highs extended further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back