V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 11, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #17,446 of 23,366
Woah. Hold on a second. Am I imagining things? The laser printing on shields now does shading now!?

EDIT: And if this is the case, I think I need some help getting the template made. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #17,447 of 23,366
Woah. Hold on a second. Am I imagining things? The laser printing on shields now does shading now!?

You are not imagining it. Greyscale images can be etched onto the shields.

Taken from V-MODA's Facebook page.
size]

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #17,448 of 23,366
You are not imagining it. Greyscale images can be etched onto the shields.
Taken from V-MODA's Facebook page.
size]

WWWWWWOOOOOOAAAAAAAHH

This changes everything. I've already found an image. I'm speechless and just want this on my head stat. 

mb, are you savvy with Adobe PS enough to lend a hand? I have NO idea what I'd do with PS even if I did have it installed. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #17,449 of 23,366
Wowzers!
basshead.gif

I might just have to find myself an image to go onto these badboys !

That is pretty incredible

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #17,450 of 23,366
Wowzers! :basshead:

I might just have to find myself an image to go onto these badboys !

That is pretty incredible

I can make your image. PM Me. :basshead:

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #17,451 of 23,366
Can't wait.

just put in an order for some deep purple custom sheilds, XL pads, and a coil pro cable for my mixer.

I've been waiting nearly a year for this.

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #17,452 of 23,366
To contribute to the whole shield art ordeal here are my shields:

Also, here is another thing:
I think this is the perfect place to show you guys what I made.

I just finished an 8-and-a-half minute long track called Heart Switch, which was mastered and equalized using my M-100's.
It's a progressive Ambient Electronic soundtrack designed to tell a story. Since I made it with my M-100's, I imagine it would be best to listen to it on them as well.

I've been making music for a while, but this is the first time I've made something this long, and the first time I've spent 90 (What) hours working on a track, trying to perfect every note as much as I could.

It's still flawed, make no mistake, but it's my baby and currently my biggest work ever, and I put my heart and soul into it. 
It's also, in my opinion, incredible that I could pull something like this off with the limited tools and free samples I have to use. It was made, painstakingly, using FL Studio.

I hope you enjoy!

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #17,453 of 23,366
Ok FYI again: the custom shield supports at least 16 shades of gray and maybe more.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #17,454 of 23,366
Ok FYI again: the custom shield supports at least 16 shades of gray and maybe more.

Also, the M100 shields now support very advanced detailing. I hired a friend of mine from Quantic Media / Monstercat to design my plates, he drew it in Adobe Illustrator, stroke by stroke on Bamboo tablet.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #17,455 of 23,366
To contribute to the whole shield art ordeal here are my shields:

Also, here is another thing:
I think this is the perfect place to show you guys what I made.

I just finished an 8-and-a-half minute long track called Heart Switch, which was mastered and equalized using my M-100's.
It's a progressive Ambient Electronic soundtrack designed to tell a story. Since I made it with my M-100's, I imagine it would be best to listen to it on them as well.

I've been making music for a while, but this is the first time I've made something this long, and the first time I've spent 90 (What) hours working on a track, trying to perfect every note as much as I could.

It's still flawed, make no mistake, but it's my baby and currently my biggest work ever, and I put my heart and soul into it. 
It's also, in my opinion, incredible that I could pull something like this off with the limited tools and free samples I have to use. It was made, painstakingly, using FL Studio.

I hope you enjoy!

Sounds fantastic. I'v had it playing for the past hour on my M-100's while doing some coding. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #17,457 of 23,366
I really enjoyed your work! I listened to it on my M100 w/XL Pads from my Note 3. I am a huge EDM fan. I liked the story your song told. Thanks for that with us

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #17,458 of 23,366
hey, i was wondering if anyone here bought their m100 from massdrop. if you did that, is the m100 still covered by the warranty? and is it true that they come in non-standard packaging (casio box or something weird)?

just curious! thanks :)

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #17,459 of 23,366
I got one from them and I also asked them about the warranty. They said they got their order through V-Moda. Your M100 is covered by massdrop for one year. I said on the package it said about 2 years warranty and they replied if it is over one year, you need to contact V-Moda directly.

It still worries me that the SN code are missing on the headphone, box, and little user manual.

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #17,460 of 23,366
Thanks for sharing!  Why not PM it to the V-MODA Fb page?  They might like it.

Tried to tweet it to them, nothing happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back