V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #16,426 of 23,366
Quote:
I'd be interested in something out of the box.

On the top of my head..... how about something new, like, multiple drivers via a IEM and bone-conducting headphones combined... 

But as always, it would have to be fashionable and durable as well.

I still do not like the idea of going wireless. I think the world today is still lagging behind in battery innovation. I hate having to charge my device every night.

10000000% agreed. Charging sucks.  Plus you have to have 2-3x "sausage" sound processing in the middle that messes up already messed up mastering/compression.

VINTAGE + ANALOG FORVER
I am anti-wireless TODAY and I am ANALOG and VINTAGE 'til I die forever... I have made all our headphones in wireless versions today that are in a drawer, but they are all useless over "time" in 9+ years.  BUT - My dad told me he had wireless speakers in the 60s he said in his living room, did that stick around?  Wireless BT headsets?  Do you see them as much today? How many people do you see with wireless Beats or Motorola in the wild in the gym over a 6 month period?  Nearly ZERO.

I MAY believe in wireless some day in the future in about 2-5 years - of course every company on the planet has sent me proposals...BUT charging and sound is sub-par no matter what the marketing says. And the 3X "Sausage effect" too???  Who wants to deplete battery, charge yet another device AND have 3x worse sound than most people's crap sources?

A simple and cool cable is way less hassle to IMPROVE SOUND than wireless obstacles - it can be both a unique statement and improve the sound.  I have prototype cables that improve M-100, it is insane "what a wire can do if you are true"... 

Remember, any ANC or Wireless headphones process from digital to analog >=3 times! #strongasweakestlink

I believe in this so much that I spent more $ developing VAMP VERZA/METALLO than our headphones for no reason but to prove a point.  I make VAMPS not for money, but because I TRULY want the best sound and I own the company.. All I care about is "quality customer earnings" vs VC or "quarterly earnings". There IS no timeline for perfect products, our products become timeless and quality is all that I care about.. 

VAMP VERZA goes the opposite route of Bose/ANC/BT/Wireless and is Made in Japan... I want to VERTICALLY CONTROL THE DAC TO OPAMP TO HEADPHONE.   THIS IS THE BEST SOUND. PERIOD.

It is the only way, besides the mastering and production to have the best experience in the world....

True to the source with minimal DAC conversions + "Master" Mastering music = holy grail of sound.  All other routes are fugazi IMO. 

Again, sorry about fast typing but I am finishing XS and more products right now, you'll see it in a few weeks... It is not an over ear or an amp, but every V-MODA product has the same care and love by all.

Thanks everyone for understanding the quick rant :>

-V

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #16,427 of 23,366
How about headphones with a modular/removable wireless section that can be upgraded as technology improves? 
ph34r.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #16,428 of 23,366
Hello all,

Seeking some advice on the v-moda BoomPro Mic and wasn't really sure where to post; I didn't see a specific thread on the BoomPro and noticed that several of you all use it. I recently gave my Sony Mdr-1r headphones to my 13 year old son after they were replaced by the m-100 (he actually wanted beats and I told him that I wouldn't ever waste my money on over-priced garbage and he is very happy with the 1r's and actually thanked me for advising against the beats). Anyway, I am thinking about purchasing the BoomPro mic for him to hook up to the 1r's and using with Xbox Live. My question is what accessories or adapters will I need to purchase for the BoomPro to work with his headphones and Xbox 360?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #16,429 of 23,366
ROADMAP
V-MODA has an uber-flagship that has been in development for 9+ years and a new IEM coming out in 2014... Plus I own every version of our headphones wireless (I hate them all). Truly.. prove me wrong I've tried every chipset on the planet and they all ___ long term.

M-100 and "XS" are the versatile models that will fit 95% of the market's needs.  But I am doubling down on analog as always with crazy products like VAMP VERZA.

As Oakenfold once told me when I was on Madonna's tour - that's how we roll!!! 

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #16,430 of 23,366
Quote:
ROADMAP
V-MODA has an uber-flagship that has been in development for 9+ years and a new IEM coming out in 2014... Plus I own every version of our headphones wireless (I hate them all). Truly.. prove me wrong I've tried every chipset on the planet and they all ___ long term.

M-100 and "XS" are the versatile models that will fit 95% of the market's needs.  But I am doubling down on analog as always with the finest chips in products like VAMP VERZA.

As Oakenfold said when I was gigging on Madonna's tour - "that's how we roll!!"

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #16,433 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello all,

Seeking some advice on the v-moda BoomPro Mic and wasn't really sure where to post; I didn't see a specific thread on the BoomPro and noticed that several of you all use it. I recently gave my Sony Mdr-1r headphones to my 13 year old son after they were replaced by the m-100 (he actually wanted beats and I told him that I wouldn't ever waste my money on over-priced garbage and he is very happy with the 1r's and actually thanked me for advising against the beats). Anyway, I am thinking about purchasing the BoomPro mic for him to hook up to the 1r's and using with Xbox Live. My question is what accessories or adapters will I need to purchase for the BoomPro to work with his headphones and Xbox 360?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Someone asked the same question before, so try this:

http://www.amazon.com/XJacKer-Xbox-360-Sound-Headset-6305600/dp/B0060F1AR6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377930101&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+360+headset+kit

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #16,434 of 23,366
1- Checking this thread every hour, I am really curious about the new products.
2- +1 on the IEM with custom shields.

Soundwise ? V-Moda was never wrong, do the same job as in all the other products and you guys have a XS best-seller.

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #16,436 of 23,366
i know this post must be annoying, and i apologize, but ive more or less withdrawn from HF because of college and ive done my best to browse this thread every once in a while to see if the XL pads are out yet but i have a feeling i missed something along the way...

is the pre-order live yet?

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #16,438 of 23,366
Yessir the preorder is indeed live. I just preordered them the other day. :)

I could have gotten them discounted but... meh... only $20, wasn't really worth it to go through all the steps to get my discount code.

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #16,439 of 23,366
Aug 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #16,440 of 23,366
Quote:
1- Checking this thread every hour, I am really curious about the new products.
2- +1 on the IEM with custom shields.

Soundwise ? V-Moda was never wrong, do the same job as in all the other products and you guys have a XS best-seller.

True, but to be honest some of their offering could be better (e.g., Vibe 1 and 2).  If the XS is indeed a new IEM, then I seriously wise it is at least on par with UE, Shure, and Westons.  It will be interesting if Val can V-MODA-ized the SA7 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back