V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #15,812 of 23,366
Quote:
The K 701 look terrific and I´m about to pull the trigger on them but I don´t know if I would be able to use them a lot... I think my girlfriend would kill me... Do you recommend them then?

It really depends on your tastes as the K 701 is quite different from the M-100. Looking at your headphone listing, it seems that you enjoy bassier headphones, and the K 701 is anything but that. XD

I wrote a review for them here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k701-studio-headphones/reviews/9236

They are by far one of the more comfortable headphones I've tried with the super large and deep earpads.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #15,814 of 23,366
Ended up getting a pair of momentums, really like them. But i really wish it had the portability and look of the m100's...sigh. If only Vmoda made the m100 a bigger, better m80...

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #15,816 of 23,366
Quote:
They did. Just maybe not big enough for some.

I don't feel they did.  The M-100 is an overall upgrade to the M-80, but they aren't a bigger better M-80.  The two signatures are not close enough to each other, which is what a lot of people found disappointing about the M-100.  It's a great phone (both are), don't get me wrong, but it's not a bigger M-80...  It's better than the M-80 though in many ways, IMO

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #15,817 of 23,366
Exactly. I wanted a better m80 as in same signature, just better. Maybe v-moda's next headphone will be that, i don't know. Hopefully they release something new next year.

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #15,818 of 23,366
Exactly. I wanted a better m80 as in same signature, just better. Maybe v-moda's next headphone will be that, i don't know. Hopefully they release something new next year.

You're not alone with that feeling. A lot of people wanted this, myself included. Despite that, the M-100 is still a great phone. I do find it an overall upgrade over the M-80, albeit with trade offs.

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #15,819 of 23,366
Quote:
You're not alone with that feeling. A lot of people wanted this, myself included. Despite that, the M-100 is still a great phone. I do find it an overall upgrade over the M-80, albeit with trade offs.

I'm still considering getting a pair, i mean i have extra $ but at the same time, having the momentum, heir audio 3.ai, and the he-400, i feel that it wouldn't really serve a purpose. Maybe for its portability though, i love cliq-fold, as well as the overall look/durability of the m100. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #15,820 of 23,366
Quote:
Ironically my earcups are cracked from not falling. XD

Val really hyped the durability of these and the M-100 illustrates the old saying that "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link".  The plastic used for the cups and wingplates is just too thin and rigid to be considered "military grade".  As other headphones have made cosmetic modifications, maybe Val could offer a special edition with aluminum cups and wingplates?

There you are- I actually said something critical about the M-100.

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #15,821 of 23,366
Quote:

Are you forgetting the cable connection clicking after only a few hours of use on a significant portion of MDR-1 users?  That's a pretty sad pinnacle if that is in fact the peak of fit/finish.

Not forgetting, just wasn't aware of it.  What do you mean by clicking?  As in a sound through the driver, or physically clicking?  Needless to say, I have not experienced this.  Pinnacle may have been a bit of an overstatement, but the design and manufacturing on them is pretty top notch.  Again, not really commenting on the sound here, just the physical characteristics.  

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #15,822 of 23,366
Quote:
Val really hyped the durability of these and the M-100 illustrates the old saying that "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link".  The plastic used for the cups and wingplates is just too thin and rigid to be considered "military grade".  As other headphones have made cosmetic modifications, maybe Val could offer a special edition with aluminum cups and wingplates?

There you are- I actually said something critical about the M-100.

I am going to print and frame this post.

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #15,823 of 23,366
Not forgetting, just wasn't aware of it.  What do you mean by clicking?  As in a sound through the driver, or physically clicking?  Needless to say, I have not experienced this.  Pinnacle may have been a bit of an overstatement, but the design and manufacturing on them is pretty top notch.  Again, not really commenting on the sound here, just the physical characteristics.  

Clicking appeared only on the first batch. Apparently it's already fixed.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #15,825 of 23,366
I'M BAAAACCCKKK!

I am back in America after a long mission in UK, Europe and more to expand V-MODA and finish development of the roadmap. I had to really laser focus and not be distracted by social media and the likes as I was in Italy learning Italian and in Europe working hard on setting up operations including hiring new staff and setting up the office. It was tough and challenging, it is a whole other long story.

I'll give more updates soon and I'll start to be more active on Head-Fi over the coming weeks as I need some input on future products!

XL CUSHION UPDATE
Believe it or not, we are STILL working on this every day and have gone through several rounds of prototypes and had to change the way we make them to stitching vs heat press.  Now we are doing final acoustics tuning and durability testing as we have never sold a stitched ear cushion like this before. We will start preorders once we have final cost.

Thanks for your support and stay tuned!

It was our 9th year anniversary last week and we couldn't do it without you, I thank each and every one of you for your ideas and support.

Cheers to the future.

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back