V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #15,257 of 23,366
Didn't Val mention a while back on this forum that if you purchased something of a $20 value or greater (I think it was $20?) that you could get the XL pads for free?  Or something along those lines, haha.  Just curious if anyone knows if that stills holds true, because I want to buy the VTF BoomPro (like right, right, right now) but I don't know if I should wait and make the purchase when the XL pads come out (if that means I have a chance of getting the XL pads for free).  If anyone here could enlighten me it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance 
smile.gif

- Matt

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #15,258 of 23,366
Quote:
Didn't Val mention a while back on this forum that if you purchased something of a $20 value or greater (I think it was $20?) that you could get the XL pads for free?  Or something along those lines, haha.  Just curious if anyone knows if that stills holds true, because I want to buy the VTF BoomPro (like right, right, right now) but I don't know if I should wait and make the purchase when the XL pads come out (if that means I have a chance of getting the XL pads for free).  If anyone here could enlighten me it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance 
smile.gif

- Matt

Yes, that is what he said.

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #15,259 of 23,366
My M-100's arrived today, and I am loving them since I tried them:)

Anyways, I got a question for you M-100 experienced users, or Val, himself. Let's say I wanted a custom cable for the M-100's. Would it work if I got a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, except it is then Y-split into two more 3.5mm cables, so I got a jack for each side of the M-100's cups? Or do the M-100's work better/only work with just one side?

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #15,260 of 23,366
Quote:
My M-100's arrived today, and I am loving them since I tried them:)

Anyways, I got a question for you M-100 experienced users, or Val, himself. Let's say I wanted a custom cable for the M-100's. Would it work if I got a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, except it is then Y-split into two more 3.5mm cables, so I got a jack for each side of the M-100's cups? Or do the M-100's work better/only work with just one side?

The other side is just a daisy chain so you can have a buddy hook their headphones into your "other" ear cup and hear what you're hearing.  They aren't both inputs.  (well technically they are but as soon as you plug on in, the other one because the output).

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #15,261 of 23,366
Quote:

The other side is just a daisy chain so you can have a buddy hook their headphones into your "other" ear cup and hear what you're hearing.  They aren't both inputs.  (well technically they are but as soon as you plug on in, the other one because the output).

This isn't technically correct. If you plug a different source into each input, you'll hear both sources simultaneously. You can also use a splitter and have the same source coming in on both sides, but the sound is off. I don't know the technical terms I think it might have something to do with impedance. I sometimes would hook up two inputs so I could talk on the phone while playing a game. Try it! If you mix two different songs you get some interesting sounds.

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #15,262 of 23,366
Quote:
Benny-x,
I guess "you" is referring to Miceblue, even tho you quoted me? I live in the US, tho I admit to not checking the Verza's price. Stax does start to look more attractive, but $700 is still $700 (plus shipping).

I want an iPhone 4S with more memory than the base model, but frustratingly (in America) we can't get that phone (with 32GB storage and up) as part of a subsidized plan anymore. I understand the reasoning for Apple to switch to the all-digital lighting cable (let's be honest, way more people had durability problems than an interest in portable LOD capability), and I know that USB connectors for phones have seen several connector type changes during the long reign of Apple's 30-pin connector, but it still sucks that now it's even harder to get true line-out to an amp. IIRC, the reason it's difficult for external DACs to get the digital signal for music from the Lightning port is due to licensing?

I'm still not convinced of the value of an external DAC in a portable setting tho.

Haha, my bad... I looked back at the other page and spotted Adman164's location in the post above yours :frowning2:  It's not $400, but still, it's not gonna be 9 for you either. Haha, here I was happy to be helping...

As for with the 4S, I've got the i Phone 4 and my M100s sounded great out of it. I was really happy with the sound, at least compared to my stock Galaxy S3. But like I mentioned, since buying the M100s I have gotten an iBasso D42 DAC+AMP combo and man can I ever tell you it sounds great. I use mine on the commute to work (bus or train) and have used it for one flight so far and can assure you that it sounds better than stock in those environments. I'm not a big micro-detail guy, I'm happy when the music sounds as real as I can get it, and the D42 gets that across while I'm not just in quite listening environments.

YMMV and cost is important, but I wouldn't write off $300 to get what I've gotten with the iBasso just because you're talking about spending $700 with the Verza and that not working for you. If you're only looking at the iPhone + Verza combo, then I'd go iPhone only just like you're thinking, but if you're willing to consider other options then that's where I sit.

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #15,263 of 23,366
Quote:
This isn't technically correct. If you plug a different source into each input, you'll hear both sources simultaneously. You can also use a splitter and have the same source coming in on both sides, but the sound is off. I don't know the technical terms I think it might have something to do with impedance. I sometimes would hook up two inputs so I could talk on the phone while playing a game. Try it! If you mix two different songs you get some interesting sounds.

Quote:

Alright, thanks for the responses, guys. So in short, it's best to use just one of the two sides.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #15,264 of 23,366
They are both inputs AND outputs, but yes it is best to only use one of them as input due to signal [size=9.5pt]interference.[/size]

Jul 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #15,268 of 23,366
Just the Shadows. The Matte Black is $290 and the White Silver is $300.

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #15,269 of 23,366
I hear the m-100's are going for 250 usd on amazon.
Thanks for this. I placed my order somewhere else cause it was cheaper and I wouldn't have to deal with cross-border shipping and other headaches, but this is definitely a better deal since now I can use my Amazon giftcard balance too and can return them if I don't like the sound signature all the while still being cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back