V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #13,561 of 23,366
i listen to the same kind of music and as far as you need something durable, you should look at:

Custom one pro
dt770 Anniversary edition
vmoda m80

they all have some good soundstage, uncolored sound and are pretty beefy.

Uncoloured sound is pretty hard to have in this price range...the Custom One Pro's are definitely coloured and likewise for the M-80's.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #13,563 of 23,366
Uncoloured sound is pretty hard to have in this price range...the Custom One Pro's are definitely coloured and likewise for the M-80's.

Agree with that. May I suggest to have a look to Brainwavz HM5 / Jaycar Pro Monitor / Lindy / etc?

I was going to recommend the HM5's. But he wanted a portable headphone, and the HM5 is huge.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #13,564 of 23,366
It's true... But I still take them with me sometimes :D. And the isolation is awesome.

What about Soundmagic HP100, and leaving some space for an amp.

EDIT: we forgot to mention the eternal rival: Sennheiser Momentum. You can grab them for 300$.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #13,565 of 23,366
Can anyone with the Shadow M-100 tell me what's the colors of included cables?

I'm pretty sure the [size=9pt]SharePlay[/size] cable is red-black, but not so sure about [size=9pt]SpeakEasy[/size] 1-button mic cable - all promotional V-MODA photos show Shadow with red-black mic cable but i just watched some unboxing videos of it and there was black cable included instead.

Just not sure whatever i need to get that red cable separately or not.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #13,567 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm pretty sure the [size=9pt]SharePlay[/size] cable is red-black, but not so sure about [size=9pt]SpeakEasy[/size] 1-button mic cable - all promotional V-MODA photos show Shadow with red-black mic cable but i just watched some unboxing videos of it and there was black cable included instead.

The one-button cable is a pure black cable with a black button, but there is a red "gem" on the 3.5 plug on top of where cable goes into the plug at a 45 degrees angle. (lol, a picture would definitely make more sense)

i totally feel ya tho. it was really big bummer when i saw. even the box shows a red speakeasy 1-button mic cable. the red cable is sooo much sexier than the plain black one.

maybe we can ask val to reconsider lol.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #13,568 of 23,366
Quote:

I have the shadow it is black and red for the share cord (72"'s) & black one mic is all black. Finally found that it was shorter by a lot... I hate long cords. 

didn't see your post money but i agree the red and black is sexy !

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #13,569 of 23,366
Quote:
The one-button cable is a pure black cable with a black button, but there is a red "gem" on the 3.5 plug on top of where cable goes into the plug at a 45 degrees angle. (lol, a picture would definitely make more sense)

i totally feel ya tho. it was really big bummer when i saw. even the box shows a red speakeasy 1-button mic cable. the red cable is sooo much sexier than the plain black one.

maybe we can ask val to reconsider lol.

I get what you say, i saw some photos of V-MODA cables before.

Yeh i don't really understand why it's done that way. Guess i'll just get red one separately.

Quote:
I have the shadow it is black and red for the share cord (72"'s) & black one mic is all black. Finally found that it was shorter by a lot... I hate long cords. 

didn't see your post money but i agree the red and black is sexy !

Thanks for the conformation guys.

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #13,570 of 23,366
Hello Head-Fi!

Apologies, if this has been discusses before, I only read 100 pages from the 900 available, but can you jog and work out with the headphones? I'm looking for something nice sounding and not in-ear. Seriously considering the M-100s.

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #13,575 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello Head-Fi!

Apologies, if this has been discusses before, I only read 100 pages from the 900 available, but can you jog and work out with the headphones? I'm looking for something nice sounding and not in-ear. Seriously considering the M-100s.

Thanks!

You can. I find their clamp to be adequate and they don't slip off my head like my V-80s do. I've run with them on a few time to catch subway trains and buses, but I'm not a jogger. They even manage to stay on when I do parkour rolls. I hope the place you live doesn't get too hot, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back