V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 26, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #13,216 of 23,366
Quote:
ARE YOU 100% sure  cuz ima be pissed off at you haha

That's fine by me, but you still need to spend $20 on the Fader or whatever in order to get the XL pads for free.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #13,219 of 23,366
Quote:
it will fit but i dont think sound comes out of the boom mic cable unless im wrong (prolly the reason why the vmoda has 2 places to plug in your hp jack)

Actually that's not quite right.  You can use either side, or both, as inputs, OR one side in and the other side out (i.e. a pass through).  The BPM basically replace your 1 or 3 button cable with in-line mic, so you can still just only use one port for both speech and sound.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #13,220 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
That's fine by me, but you still need to spend $20 on the Fader or whatever in order to get the XL pads for free.

so your saying I HAVE to buy the faders?

Quote:
Ok, I didn't think of this, thanks.  I guess we can do another accessory to get free XLs.

EDIT IDEA - perhaps any purchase >$20 on V-MODA.com gets free XL with proof of serial #. This way you can get extra cases, boompro, coilpro, slipmats, shields, shirt, 1/4", cables, in-ears, whatever you want.

Thanks for helping me MAKE this promotion!

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #13,221 of 23,366
Quote:

Or any other stuff above $20.  No solid details yet as Val is still working on the program.  But for the Fader then yes as Val already informed his support people about this, and all you need is to send them the S/N of your M-100.  I think the situation is still a bit in flux, and this is why I am waiting for another update from Val before getting them.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #13,222 of 23,366
Quote:
Or any other stuff above $20.  No solid details yet as Val is still working on the program.  But for the Fader then yes as Val already informed his support people about this, and all you need is to send them the S/N of your M-100.  I think the situation is still a bit in flux, and this is why I am waiting for another update from Val before getting them.

guess ill just buy the faders and boom mic from vmoda and the headset from amazon.com

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #13,223 of 23,366
Quote:
guess ill just buy the faders and boom mic from vmoda and the headset from amazon.com

But technically you don't need the Faders as the BPM is already $40... but I won't stop you :).

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #13,224 of 23,366
Quote:
320 kbps is the max for MP3's, more or less; AAC can go higher I believe.

FLAC = AIFF = WAV = ALAC = typically much more than 320 kbps since they're lossless codecs. I don't think iDevices would cut down the bitrate for losless codecs....that defeats the whole purpose of lossless.

As for actually hearing a difference, I can pretty much guarantee you can't hear one between 320 kbps and FLAC (but then again, there are always those super golden-ear people).

AAC is technically superior, but no one can reliably distinguish the difference between the two, so it's a personal preference to the end-user really.

Since early last year I have converted most of my music collection (9,000+ tracks) from CD \ VINYL \ CASSETTE  to FLAC \ WAV to now AAC 256 VBR. I like it way better than MP3 320. To me it sounds more clear and detailed.

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #13,225 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
320 kbps is the max for MP3's, more or less; AAC can go higher I believe.

FLAC = AIFF = WAV = ALAC = typically much more than 320 kbps since they're lossless codecs. I don't think iDevices would cut down the bitrate for losless codecs....that defeats the whole purpose of lossless.

As for actually hearing a difference, I can pretty much guarantee you can't hear one between 320 kbps and FLAC (but then again, there are always those super golden-ear people).

AAC is technically superior, but no one can reliably distinguish the difference between the two, so it's a personal preference to the end-user really.

Since early last year I have converted most of my music collection (9,000+ tracks) from CD \ VINYL \ CASSETTE  to FLAC \ WAV to now AAC 256 VBR. I like it way better than MP3 320. To me it sounds more clear and detailed.

It's not the right thread for it, but ABX it in Foobar to actually see if you can hear a difference.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #13,228 of 23,366
Hey guys, i'm having the sennheiser ie80 as my iem and the ue6000 as cans, will the m-100 satisfy me? I listen to mostly linkin park and some other bassy music! Will i be happy with it while i'm having the ie80

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #13,229 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey guys, i'm having the sennheiser ie80 as my iem and the ue6000 as cans, will the m-100 satisfy me? I listen to mostly linkin park and some other bassy music! Will i be happy with it while i'm having the ie80

Linkin Park sounds pretty good with the M-100 for the most part. It's probably a personal preference, but I would prefer to have a little more treble energy for the cymbals and snare drums to really shine and rock-on to, but the M-100's highs are still pretty good. The bass pedals sound really good with the M-100's bass, chest-hitting, and the extension is great too. The male vocals are somewhat veiled and laid-back by the big bass, but they are still quite listenable and easy to sing along to. Instrument separation is pretty good with the M-100's too so the instruments are pretty easy to identify and aren't all blended together.

As for bassy music, yup the M-100's will likely satisfy you if you like the UE6000. The UE6000 is a really great headphone in the $200 range, but the M-100's add another layer of resolution that I think makes it worth the price difference.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #13,230 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Ok, I didn't think of this, thanks.  I guess we can do another accessory to get free XLs.

EDIT IDEA - perhaps any purchase >$20 on V-MODA.com gets free XL with proof of serial #. This way you can get extra cases, boompro, coilpro, slipmats, shields, shirt, 1/4", cables, in-ears, whatever you want.

Thanks for helping me MAKE this promotion!

The coupon code as of yesterday only worked when you had the faders in the shopping cart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back