V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #12,046 of 23,366
Quote:

Quick update, I am so sorry for being gone for so long but I have never ever been busier with CES and planning global supply chain of M-100 and the launch of M-100/VAMP VERZA/METALLO globally.    We have 11 new SKUS launching in the coming weeks and we are opening a Milan location. 

I have marked my last post and will read all posts since then soon.  I sincerely hope everybody is happy overall, as you know we'll do ANYTHING within reason to ensure a 6-star experience. 

Supply Chain Headaches
We sold out completely of White and Shadow, but it is because we have made so few M-100 units compared to normal in order to have the highest QC and monitor the community feedback.  I am surprised that even though Matte Black outsold shadow almost 3 to 1 initially that Shadow is almost 1:1 lately.  Any ideas why?!  It helps my forecasting

METALLO
Our next product is called metallo... shhhh.... it launches soon and is quite amazing.  It is not a headphone but fits into our new "trifecta" line.

VAMP VERZA
the main reason I've been so busy... this thing is complex but worth the wait...

DD EAR CUSHIONS
we have not forgot but we have hit a holiday that delays testing.  Don't worry!  we have prototypes for testing.

BOOMPRO MIC
Shipping soon, I have to finish photos and copy.  It passed our "VMQA".  

DEFECT ANALYSIS SINCE LAUNCH
So far we have seen a very very low % of defects for a new product and every defect we have analyzed and made additional QC processes to ensure 6-star satisfaction.  We make a few in every batch so that quality is #1.  Obviously, every single issue I take very personally as I deeply care about customer satisfaction.  Happiness is V-MODA's objective and your reviews = our incentives.  

Overall, I am extremely happy to have seen Avicii's FIRST M-100 that was used nightly for 3+ months auctioned on eBay.  It was heavily abused but still functioning even though the screws were starting to become a tad rusty.  Yet this first unit I gave to him at Radio City had more character, sounded amazing and it still worked like a charm after months of heavy abuse on tour.  Our other "beta" test musicians have had similar positive results.  I tightened a few tolerances in small areas but I wouldn't compare it to the "revs" in most production runs of other products (and I know from seeing them first hand at the factories).  Keep in mind, I am obsessive about QC as we build these to be professional gear that must not fail under extreme circumstances.  

Crazy quality is what delays us so long on launches, one of our competitors said correctly "Val is V-MODA's main competitor"!

COILPRO CABLE
The latest test hit 250k bends in our cable flex machine today, I think it'll hit 1M+ bends easily so I am giving it an okay to go.  It uses a spring strain relief that I was curious about, but it definitely works.  Look for late March.

SPECIAL EDITION M-100s
We made a few special edition Subliminal 24k gold models and Avicii models using denim. I'll post pics on Facebook soon, they are incredible but we don't have plans to sell them.  The denim models will be in stores worldwide for listening stations.

RETAILERS
We added more USA and worldwide retailers, but we are out of stock for almost 6-8 weeks of shadow/white. M-100s should be in many stores worldwide soon on listening stations, has anybody seen them?!!

PICTURE!!!

I'm gonna have to mail you about the Metallo. Didn't see that coming!

Interesting that overseas the Shadow and the White are sold out. In Japan's e-earphone, it's the matte black that's sold out whilst the White and Shadow are still in stock. I managed to get 2 of my friends buy the Shadow even.

#1...that is an -awesome- design for the denim! What a pity you're not selling them.

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #12,047 of 23,366
Quote:

I don't find this to be off topic.  You're talking about options in regards to source and amplification of the subject matter - the M-100s.  I'd say this is useful information considering the M-100 does in fact, one way or the other, require both of those.  Be it a phone, mp3 player, or a stand alone device.

Thanks for sharing the info. :)

Thks, if you don't already know other options for the about the price range of a Verza, would be the Apex Glacier for it's sq and slimnest or the Sony PHA-1 for it's built quality(built like a tank) and sexiness.Both are DAC/AMP in one unit.Apart from the tweaking done on by V-Moda on the Verza...the Venturecraft Go DAP X would also be another option if you're looking for one.Have only had the chance to test the Sony PHA-1 and it's really tempting for me to get one just for the built quality alone but like I said bang for buck the ODAC+C&C BH is still the one to beat.All should work with either iDevices or S3/Note 2 for android and of course your
mac/pc.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #12,049 of 23,366
Quote:
It is that good, and I already have 2 pairs but now considering a 3rd!!  Deal wise you won't get the Faders anymore, but for $310 you can still get an extra pair of shields with custom engravings on it, and that's including the new gold shields (MSRP $50.)

Nice! Can you or anyone provide a good idea on how these will sound with genres such as "Industrial", "Rock/old rock", "electronica", "alternative", and even some obscure ones like "Electro-Swing"? Before pulling the trigger on these cans I want to see if they will fit well with my most prominent genres in music.
Quote:
People have been noting a smile-shaped frequency response (more "fun" than "for studio mixing"), and have overall been quite happy except for those whom the freq response puts the mids more recessed than they prefer. Many of those people (and those whose ears hurt from the earpads not being deep enough for their earshape) have picked up on Miceblue's mod of rolling bits of paper towel to stuff up the pads a bit, which changes the sound (bit less bass FWIR, no personal experience).
Congrats on the job!

I see, more good! Also yeah I have been employed for 2 months now, however due to the treatment that we get from our overhead (late paychecks, no commission as promised, lack of communication) and overall poor management I am already looking for a replacement job.

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #12,050 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Supply Chain Headaches
We sold out completely of White and Shadow, but it is because we have made so few M-100 units compared to normal in order to have the highest QC and monitor the community feedback.  I am surprised that even though Matte Black outsold shadow almost 3 to 1 initially that Shadow is almost 1:1 lately.  Any ideas why?!  It helps my forecasting.

It's down to this; statistically true headphone enthusiasts like on head-fi gets to know about headphones a lot sooner than the mainstream crowd. I'll separate people into two categories, headphone enthusiasts and mainstream crowd to explain my thoughts further.

The headphone enthusiasts statistically tend to prefer matte over glossy due to the reason following reason, popular "fashion accessory headphones" (I don't need to mention any names) tends to look sleek, glossy, flashy and well the glossy color has this kind of "bad stamp"/association with it. This for headphone enthusiasts tend to look/feel "cheaper" due to popular mainstream headphones tend to use that look and they don't want their headphones be associated with that same market segment. They care more about sound quality than the looks.

So when mainstream crowd gets to know more about the M100 the Shadow glossy color picks up sales wise as the mainstream crowd tend to like to wear glossy/sleek/flashy stuff on the streets. For them it's very important with the look and well glossy stands out better. 

This is why Shadow has picked up sales wise over time versus Matte Black. Initial big wave of headphone enthusiast sales fades over versus increased more and more "mainstream crowd" sales. I think from an economical stand point for a headphone company (and depending on their brand image) it's important to cater to both segments.

+1. I'm actually a little surprised the Pearl White hasn't taken off a little more than Matte Black since mass release. The fact that most popular smart phones (iPhone, GS3) have white or black options lends me to believe people will want to colour match their accessories... Miceblue, any reason why you went for PW vs MB/SHD?

I for one am on the side of the glossy black/red look to have that bad stamp on it. A few pages back someone had said they had been shamed by somoene behind them inline for wearing 'mains tream V-Modas'. I wonder if it was Pearl, Matte, or Shadow, or just entirely brand ignorance.

I'll also say what's obvious already. V-Moda, for how flashy they look, meets right smack in the middle between style and substance. I've had some snobby DJs comment on what they thought were my new SkullCandys, and then they are BLOWN AWAY by the sound. I tell them it's not just some Skullcandy headphone, it's V-Moda's flagship headphone... and they just kinda look at me wondering what I just said. and these are DJs; familiar with different brand names and have no idea who or what V-Moda is/about.

I chose white silver because I will [am] using the M-100's mainly for portable use and since I walk around my college campus a lot I wanted to stand out a bit. I have black hair, and the matte-black would just look too Plain-Jane in my opinion. Shadow is a bit flashier than the matte-black, but I didn't like the look and feel of the micro-suede headband material like on the M-80.

*and there's nothing wrong with having audiophiles use glossy, flashy headphones; hello there AKG K 701 :)

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #12,053 of 23,366
Quote:
Does ANYONE want to buy these m-100 shadows off me? ? ? ?

http://www.head-fi.org/f/6550/headphones-for-sale-trade

Pretty self-explanatory as far as how to post.  You will want a PayPal account though, so I hope you have that password!
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #12,055 of 23,366
Waiting 2 see Ur listing..
Hope U have pics

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #12,057 of 23,366
Quote:
here's a link...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/649169/v-moda-m-100-in-minnesota

Honestly, I feel the smartest thing for your wallet would be to return it, or at least take advantage of the 60 day testdrive(seeing how second-hand M-100's already sell for ~$270 via warehouse deals). Amazon has pretty darn good CS when it comes to perdicaments like this; you may even be able to request a RMA over the phone.
Either way, best of luck with your sale
smile.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #12,060 of 23,366
Quote:
already got couple of interested people:),and like i said, if you see my other posts, you can see why I cant return them to amazon :p

You could call Amazon and get it worked out, giving them another email after verifying some personal info.  .  You should also be able to recover your email as well.  To be frank, it seems odd that you are willing to forego a full refund just so you don't have to through Amazon who is known for their hassle-free returns.  Good luck though, either way!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back