V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #9,736 of 23,366
I'm thinking about getting this or the Sennheiser Momentum. I listen to jazz, classical and some electronic music and I recently sold my Pro 900 because it didn't sound good with classical. So which do you guys think is an all-around headphones? 

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #9,737 of 23,366
I'm very interested in the M100 - can any of you who already have them comment further on their build/durability?  I read a few comments way back that people were experiencing cracks in the cups and other build issues.  Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #9,739 of 23,366
I'm very interested in the M100 - can any of you who already have them comment further on their build/durability?  I read a few comments way back that people were experiencing cracks in the cups and other build issues.  Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

The build quality is really solid, it seems like they can really take a beating

In my opinion they are really built to last and you don't really have to "baby" them

I personally didn't have any build quality issues with mine but there are very few people that actually did have issues so there is no need to worry.

They try their best to control the quality but sometimes a few that aren't up to standards slip by, those people do still have the warranty and Val did say that they could send them in to get replacement parts once the full launch comes so again there is nothing to worry about.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #9,740 of 23,366
Quote:

The build quality as a whole is pretty solid. Don't screw in the plates too hard though or you'll risk cracking the earcup's plastic part....like what I did apparently. The wingplate cracking shouldn't be too much of an issue, even if that structure is pretty well-stuffed/very little wiggle room inside. My hinges are a bit loose, but I don't see them falling apart any time soon.

Speaking of the hinge, the hinge itself seems nearly indestructible. It's VERY well-built. The hex screws holding the headphone parts in place on the other hand are probably more likely to break than the hinge itself.

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #9,741 of 23,366
I'm thinking about getting this or the Sennheiser Momentum. I listen to jazz, classical and some electronic music and I recently sold my Pro 900 because it didn't sound good with classical. So which do you guys think is an all-around headphones? 

Considering the quite significant bass boost of the m-100 I'd say you'd better take a closer look at the Momentum (or other alternatives) if your primary interests are jazz and classical...

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #9,745 of 23,366
Thanks to Miceblue and Arion for the build quality reassurance!

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #9,748 of 23,366
Quote:
About the build quality and stuff, is there any way to fix or loosen the wing plates so they won't crack? This is the only issue I'm worried about on these

A small screwdriver will do the trick, although if I recall correctly, Tus-chan's M-100's came with the wingplate randomly off, so I wonder if he was the one who tightened it too much when reattaching it. For now, I don't think anyone other than him has reported the wingplate cracking (although I would be curious to know if the crack happened on the same side it fell off), so for now I'd say you're better off leaving it as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back