V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #8,195 of 23,366
Quote:
But isnt The cables terribly short?

You need to shop around more. Try Amazon.com
This one seems the best based on reviews, but its short:
http://www.amazon.com/Woodees-VOIPAD35-Laptop-Adaptor/dp/B0046RE60I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350581938&sr=8-1&keywords=laptop+voip+adapter

This one seems to be the longest, if you need flexibility, and it's dirt cheap:
http://www.amazon.com/2-5mm-Mobile-Headset-To-Converter/dp/B000IZCUTQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1350581938&sr=8-3&keywords=laptop+voip+adapter

Make sure you read the technical specs first to be sure either one would match your needs :) The second one is longest, but it says 2.5 MM adapter. I'm not sure what the standard pc plug in size is, but I've seen 3.5MM ones too. Shop around. I'm positive you'll find a solution to your amp&mic combo problem.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #8,196 of 23,366
The more I listen to these headphones, the more I love them.  Been on a quest these past few days to find new music I like, even going into genre's I don't usually listen to.

I listened to Jherek Bischoff's album Composed and it just blew me away.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #8,198 of 23,366
Quote:
Just food for thought...I found the E11 way to big to take around portably, I did have a iMod 5.5g though so it was a tick setup, I much prefered the Z02 when I had it as for starters its much thinner than the E11 and as it has 30 bass contours you can precisely set the bass boost where with the E11 I found the 1st setting wasnt enough but the 2nd was too much...also I found the Z02 to add a bit of musicality to the music where the E11 was completely neutral...

If you need any more help feel free to PM me as I dont want to clog up this thread 

Yeah, if the sound quality was not so noticeably inferior to the FiiO E11...

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #8,199 of 23,366
I'm considering to purchase these headphones when they become available.  I know some of you already have them and tested them out.  Can you please let me know how good they are.. I have never owned a decent headphones before.  Here's what I want in the headphones:

*sound quality (good bass)
*sound isolation
*portable(no amp required)
*operates without batteries

Thanks,

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #8,201 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm considering to purchase these headphones when they become available.  I know some of you already have them and tested them out.  Can you please let me know how good they are.. I have never owned a decent headphones before.  Here's what I want in the headphones:

*sound quality (good bass)
*sound isolation
*portable(no amp required)
*operates without batteries

Thanks,

There is a great deal of detailed information here regarding the sound.  Long story short, the M-100 will check all your boxes plus some you didn't think of.  The only bad thing about the M-100 being your first headphone is that they will spoil you compared to everything else.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #8,202 of 23,366
Someone commented on my unboxing video, asking if they were better than the M-80's. They said something like 'Is the bass better? Because that's where the M-80's are really lacking.'

I was like 'Uuuuuhhhh. No.'

I just told him to look at the Sony XB series or the Pro700MK2 if he didn't think the bass on M-80's was good. I did mention that the M-100's bass is better, more refined, etc., but I don't know if he was really all that knowledgable about audio.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #8,203 of 23,366
You need to shop around more. Try Amazon.com
This one seems the best based on reviews, but its short:
http://www.amazon.com/Woodees-VOIPAD35-Laptop-Adaptor/dp/B0046RE60I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350581938&sr=8-1&keywords=laptop+voip+adapter

This one seems to be the longest, if you need flexibility, and it's dirt cheap:
http://www.amazon.com/2-5mm-Mobile-Headset-To-Converter/dp/B000IZCUTQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1350581938&sr=8-3&keywords=laptop+voip+adapter
ir

Make sure you read the technical specs first to be sure either one would match your needs :) The second one is longest, but it says 2.5 MM adapter. I'm not sure what the standard pc plug in size is, but I've seen 3.5MM ones too. Shop around. I'm positive you'll find a solution to your amp&mic combo problem.

3.5mm is the size you'll see standard in PCs, iPods, etc. 2.5mm is the size of the jack on some cellphones for headsets (used to be the standard before smartphones) and the chat audio jack on Xbox360 controllers (you can use many cellphone headsets with your 360, I like my Platronics that are cheaper and much clearer than the Microsoft brand one).

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #8,204 of 23,366
There is a great deal of detailed information here regarding the sound.  Long story short, the M-100 will check all your boxes plus some you didn't think of.  The only bad thing about the M-100 being your first headphone is that they will spoil you compared to everything else.

I've heard the the noise isolation is on par with the M80's... Is this true? Because I am on an airplane at least twice weekly (usually more) and the M80's do not isolate enough sound for me to be completely satisfied... I want to buy the 100's but I need to know with absolutely certainty that the isolation is better.

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #8,205 of 23,366
Quote:
I've heard the the noise isolation is on par with the M80's... Is this true? Because I am on an airplane at least twice weekly (usually more) and the M80's do not isolate enough sound for me to be completely satisfied... I want to buy the 100's but I need to know with absolutely certainty that the isolation is better.

I haven't compared to M-80.  I can only tell you that I was out walking today.  Cars were driving by and I could barely hear them.  If you fly quite a bit, Bose still has the best noise cancellation available from what I have read, but you are back to batteries.  The M-100 isolates as well as other circumaural headphones I have used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back